Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having Multiple Elements

_Kireek_

I think it sucks that we can only have two elements on a weapon. Yesterday I was trying to give my Sentinel's weapon Cold and Radiation damage (with Cryo Rounds, Wildfire and Stormbringer), but couldn't have both that and Malignant Force (for the increased status chance) because it turned my Cold damage into Viral. I tried combining the Malignant Force with a Hellfire to turn it into Gas and leave my Cold alone, but Hellfire just added to the Radiation damage instead.

This entirely defeats the point of Malignant Force - a mod I was quite looking forward to as status chance mods are FAR too weak. I want to mod my Sentinel's gun specifically for proc'ing Cold and Radiation, but I have to either give up Cold or lose out on potential Status Chance. This wouldn't be a problem if Sentinel weapons didn't have ridiculously low status chance...

Another example: I tried to mod my Ignis to have both Gas and Heat damage (for dealing with Infested). It had three sources of Heat (Wildfire, Hellfire, and the Ignis itself) and only one of Toxin, yet the Toxin turned all three of them into Gas. Now the Ignis is no longer a flamethrower. By putting any elemental mod on Ignis, it stops being what it was designed for.

I request that different mods (and innate weapon elements) that contribute the same element do not stack onto the same combined damage type, but are treated as separate damage types (so you could have eg. Toxin and Corrosive damage on one weapon). Or you could give Sentinel weapons a much-needed status chance buff. Preferably both, but either one would help.

(PS. I was conflicted whether to put this in Weapon or UI feedback. There should be a Mod Feedback section.)

If your weapon does elemental damage by default, it's possible to get 3.

That being said, the elemental combo system was implemented to prevent all-encompassing rainbow builds and allow better diversity in weapon builds to cater to specific enemies, factions, etc.

Let's take the Penta. It does Blast damage by default.

In that case assume that it has a fire and an ice mod installed side by side in some magic invisible two mod slots, but their order is unknown.

Because blast already exists, you cannot have Fire and Ice mods next to each other when you set up your elemental mods. Here are some builds (from left to right in mod organization)

(1.[Toxic] + 2.[ice]) (3.[Electricity] + 4.[Fire]) = Results in Penta having Blast, Viral and Radiation Example Build, Result

(1.[Toxic] + 2.[Fire]) (3.[Electricity] + 4.[Cold]) = Results in Penta having Blast, Gas and Magnetic Example Build, Result

(1.[Toxic] + 2.[Electricity]) (3.[Fire OR Ice]) = Results in Penta having Blast, Corrosive and either Fire or Ice

etc etc etc.

Order of mods is very important. For a weapon with a base element, the FIRST mod (top left of slots) cannot be the same element or one of the sub-elements.

Basically any weapon that has any form of base elemental damage can have up to 3 elements, as long as you organize your mods properly. This includes tier 1 elements such as fire, electricity and poison.