Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Trading Cards!

Obsydyn

Me and a friend have been discussing the idea of making a card game. He recently taught me how to play Yu-Gi-Oh! and I got the idea from the modding system in-game. These are rough drafts because we're not sure if we want more info on them. I'll be updating the OP with new cards as they come.

2hqdj6b.pngn6qfqx.png30cyqmo.png11r42tg.png12572up.png2q8oi1v.pngsl5ezn.png29f9lqw.png2eqb5ns.png2ecf9c5.png33dv5w4.png2r7m2h5.png

Here's an idea of what the back of the card would look like.

24ecbnk.png

What cards should I make next?

Feedback/opinions appreciated!

P.S. I'd like to see other peoples card mockups as well!

P.P.S. Just to make sure I don't get in trouble with DE, this is an unofficial project. I'm not planning on profiting from this, although it would numb the feeling.

Edited by sheepdog1043

if you set it up like magic the gathering you can always use the location cards to give bonus/disadvantages to each player. the player can make a deck of either infested/corpus/grineer/tenno and make a solid style deck that plays to their liking. For instance, if corpus tech room adds additional shields to a corpus unit but i decreases tenno shields, that way the card game would stay balanced well enough to not make it a full "warframe" warframe only card game. just my idea.

also you can add 1-3 of the warframe abilities on their card to show what kind of damage they can do (same with corpus/grineer/infested)

imo, change the backing of your cards dark, like the space scene on the website and i think itd be perfect, oh and the black lotus symbol to gold itd be amazing

Edited by EMagnolo

if you set it up like magic the gathering you can always use the location cards to give bonus/disadvantages to each player. the player can make a deck of either infested/corpus/grineer/tenno and make a solid style deck that plays to their liking. For instance, if corpus tech room adds additional shields to a corpus unit but i decreases tenno shields, that way the card game would stay balanced well enough to not make it a full "warframe" warframe only card game. just my idea.

also you can add 1-3 of the warframe abilities on their card to show what kind of damage they can do (same with corpus/grineer/infested)

imo, change the backing of your cards dark, like the space scene on the website and i think itd be perfect, oh and the black lotus symbol to gold itd be amazing

Thank you for the suggestions! These sound awesome

I was planning on getting back to working on these sometime soon. I'll use your suggestions and see how they turn out!

sorry i got bored and wanted to share my thoughts through the actual images lol

EMBER PRIME (FRONT):

Card.png

CARD BACK:

CardBack.png

(RESERVED FOR LOCATION CARD, its 4 a.m. doing it tomorrow lol)

EDIT: those arent done, going to redo them tomorrow to show what I forgot.

sorry i got bored and wanted to share my thoughts through the actual images lol

EMBER PRIME (FRONT):

Card.png

CARD BACK:

CardBack.png

(RESERVED FOR LOCATION CARD, its 4 a.m. doing it tomorrow lol)

EDIT: those arent done, going to redo them tomorrow to show what I forgot.

Oooooh those look really good. 

The thing I've had the most trouble with while making this is finding a good area to crop the pictures into. I think going with a horizontal rectangle is definitely better than a square in most cases.

I really like the way you did the border on that Dojo duel room card! That gold trim looks really nice and fits with the style perfectly.

Look up magic the gathering card template, you'll get a gist of what/how/why they look the way they do. It's how I based my two cards above, but I'm going to change them up just a little bit to make it kinda more interesting and more like the in game systems. You'll see, give me a few days, (working on a car motor inbetween) and I'll show you.

heres a reference if you need:

createcard.jpghttp://www.mtgcardmaker.com/mcmaker/createcard.jpg

Edited by EMagnolo

Look up magic the gathering card template, you'll get a gist of what/how/why they look the way they do. It's how I based my two cards above, but I'm going to change them up just a little bit to make it kinda more interesting and more like the in game systems. You'll see, give me a few days, (working on a car motor inbetween) and I'll show you.

heres a reference if you need:

createcard.jpghttp://www.mtgcardmaker.com/mcmaker/createcard.jpg

I had a feeling it was from Magic. I haven't played in a really long time so I didn't recognize it at first.

I just realized that you stated trading cards and I was making them into a card game LOL

"Ohhh biker, I'm an idiot..."

anyways heres the new location card, will be doing some of the warframes/grineer throughout the next day or two, feedback appreciated.

DuelingRoom.png

Edited by EMagnolo