Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Leaving Survival Missions At 24M 30S?

(PSN)Alsark

Question

This has happened to me at least 3-4 times and I don't even play survival that much... but it seems like every game, the clock gets to 24 minutes and 30 seconds and my teammates decide it's a good idea to peace out, even with remaining life support. That said, I have NEVER made it to 25 minutes but make it to 24 minutes and 30 seconds quite regularly.

Am I missing something? Rewards are every 5 minutes, right? Do rewards stop after 20 minutes? Or do I just have really bad luck and got teamed with dumb people/trolls (they can't be noobs due to the level of survival)?

Also it seems once the extraction timer is started then you're SOL even if you step out of it?

Edited by (PS4)Alsark

7 answers to this question

are you talking about start heading towards extraction at 24:30, or actually extracting at 24:30, cuz generally people head toward extraction a min before the reward, and extract at exactly 15/20/25/etc.min, so no time is wasted. if they try to extract too early, why dont you just wait just outside of extraction zone for 30secs?

I usually solo up to 20 min but then after that it gets way to difficult for me to do it solo.

You should be able to stick around for the next 30 sec on your own, unless that's how ps4 works, idk.

You get forced out, too, if the majority of your team decides to leave. Does it not work this way on PC?

are you talking about start heading towards extraction at 24:30, or actually extracting at 24:30, cuz generally people head toward extraction a min before the reward, and extract at exactly 15/20/25/etc.min, so no time is wasted. if they try to extract too early, why dont you just wait just outside of extraction zone for 30secs?

Like, actually extracting at 24m 30s. I'd love to stick around the extra 30s but I am forced to leave when they leave.

They are stupid players that think 24:30 plus 30 second extraction = 25 minute reward.  they are wrong, hopefully your party only has ONE idiot at a time and you're ok.

That's what I kinda figured... and sadly not. Most of the time one person has died by then, and I'd say twice now, the other two people both have decided to leave at 24m 30s. The other times it's just me and somebody else and they decide to leave then.

I guess I either need to find a group or just go solo because if 100% of my survival games have had people who do this in public games... that's not a good ratio -.-'.

Side question: does anyone know why, sometimes Lotus spawns a LOT of life supports (to where we have three at all times) and other times we're barely gettong by from one life support to the next? Or maybe it's a perception thing and the other games we just get a lot more life support drops.

there should be a 1min countdown if not everyone is at the extraction. so stay out of the extraction zone yourself and let that timer run down...unless you're saying they actually get there at 23:30, and the timer stops at 24:30.

Nah they get there AT 24:30, which starts the timer and doesn't reward you with the 25 minute reward.