Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sword And Shield

Malcadonus

Has anyone thought about them adding a shield with one handers? Not sure what the best mechanic would be with them, but it would be nice to have something that I can equip to make charging into a crowd of grineer and corpus hurt a lot less.

There has been a lot more creativity with button uses and there is a block button (who even uses that!!). The shield would be more about stopping incoming fire than anything (without being invulnerablility).

It might be something like an energy shield that can only take so many hits before failing till it recharges (scales well).

Just would keep things interesting. What people think?

this wouldnt be remotely possible until the melee overhaul comes out, probably in U12. the current issue with physical shields right now is there's no way to hold out a melee(or shield), current melee system revolves around quick-switch melee, and never hold it out when not in use.

i honestly hope something along the lines of physical shields will be implemented, sounds like a viable melee style, especially since it lowers the risk of melee significantly (being close to enemy and enemy fire in general)

this wouldnt be remotely possible until the melee overhaul comes out, probably in U12. the current issue with physical shields right now is there's no way to hold out a melee(or shield), current melee system revolves around quick-switch melee, and never hold it out when not in use.

i honestly hope something along the lines of physical shields will be implemented, sounds like a viable melee style, especially since it lowers the risk of melee significantly (being close to enemy and enemy fire in general)

Well technically a sword and shield could just have a unique guard that isn't flinging the sword/hands around. And actually reduces damage...