Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon = Subsoma ?

DeadScream

I wouldn't mind having the poor girls buffed a bit though. That's a heavy after all.

You...did not... just call a girl... 'Heavy'

*Facepalm*

Ladies...?

*Banshee, Ember, Mag, Nova, Nyx, Saryn, Trinity and Valcyr walk in. I walk out.*

Don't forget to clean up the mess, ladies.

Edited by Kalenath

The Gorgon is still an awesome weapon, and yes, the Soma out performs it

However, not everyone needs the top dps weapons to play this game.

This!  You don't need the highest DPS weapons even on Pluto all the time.  It depends on how long you plan to play a survival or defense match.  If all you do is the highest level content then, yes, your choices may be limited.  But, if like me, you play all over the solar map, you have a lot of choices.

Comparing most guns to the Soma is pointless at this stage. 

Synapse outperforms it but with so much more effort being needed, that the Soma is basically superior to a synapse till it has around 3-5 forma slapped on. 

Lower mastery requirement, crazy high damage (both DPB for an automatic AR firing at 900RPM base, and just DPS in general), 2 preinstalled V polarities, super easy to craft, not hidden behind rng walls, etc. etc. etc. 

But the gorgon in itself does need a buff. It can't even hold the title as the best impact rifle anymore now that the Karak exists. 

I have been seeing that the Synapse has been said to be better, though Using DPSframe to check numbers.. Under what condition is the Synapse better than the Soma?

In terms of practical use the Synapse will be better than the Soma simply because Heavy Caliber doesn't affect it nearly as much. 

With the maximum DPS build using Speed Trigger and Heavy Caliber on both along with the other damage mods, the Synapse still outdoes it (from the thread comparing DPS numbers from various weapons. Used to be the Top 7 AR DPS thread.) 

In terms of practical use the Synapse will be better than the Soma simply because Heavy Caliber doesn't affect it nearly as much. 

With the maximum DPS build using Speed Trigger and Heavy Caliber on both along with the other damage mods, the Synapse still outdoes it (from the thread comparing DPS numbers from various weapons. Used to be the Top 7 AR DPS thread.) 

Using DPSframe the Soma still edges out(16598 vs 16235), to see how a Soma reacts with Heavy Caliber at 20m or less I don't know a good way to check just yet as my heavy caliber is not maxed rank yet(would have to rebuild the soma, sold mine), I know it would ruin the long a upper mid range but those ranges would be pointless to compare it to the Synapse as that is beyond its possible range.

Using DPSframe the Soma still edges out(16598 vs 16235), to see how a Soma reacts with Heavy Caliber at 20m or less I don't know a good way to check just yet as my heavy caliber is not maxed rank yet(would have to rebuild the soma, sold mine), I know it would ruin the long a upper mid range but those ranges would be pointless to compare it to the Synapse as that is beyond its possible range.

This is off topic isn't it?

I have a maxed rank heavily caliber:

On soma it noticeable changes the accuracy for the worse, it goes from latron accuracy to gorgon's level. Synapse is barely effected when compared to most weapons and isn't a hindrance at all.

Edited by LazyKnight

This is off topic isn't it?

I have a maxed rank heavily caliber:

On soma it noticeable changes the accuracy for the worse, it goes from latron accuracy to gorgon's level. Synapse is barely effected when compared to most weapons and isn't a hindrance at all.

How is it at the concerned <20m range? The point is it is a little off topic, but focused that just about -every- weapon currently is subsoma, so it is not good to compare the weapon you are interested in/like to the soma as it will fall short.

How is it at the concerned <20m range? The point is it is a little off topic, but focused that just about -every- weapon currently is subsoma, so it is not good to compare the weapon you are interested in/like to the soma as it will fall short.

Soma could easily take 3-7 shots to hit a security camera at 20meter. It's is not game breaking bad, but it certainly makes sniping cost a lot of ammo.

Edited by LazyKnight

Gorgon is still supreme i did with it a 70 min T2 survival run using it . I dont believe Soma / Karak would be able to 

reach that far . Especially Soma since it only in crit base and would not do anything at a 107 Heavy Grineer.

Maybe Karak but the low magazine wold put you in danger .So gorgon is still absolute (for me at least)

i have it 4 forma and i dont regret it a bit

Edited by Garuger