Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuttering In Game

-Kasumi-

I myself am getting the same spikes in game. I have ran antivirus software and nothing found. I switched to running to steam and this is when my problem happened. Since then I went back to running non-steam and it still happens. I also have defragged and verified multiple times and nothing changes it. When I switched to running solo mode instead of online the spikes stopped. That is the only solution to it but who wants to play solo the whole time? Anyone else thoughts on that?

I have deleted all my temp files and it solved the problem for now. not sure if its gunna be a permanent fix but it did. do %temp% in search bar and delete all the files. hope this helps.

This worked for about an hour and the skipping started to happen again. not sure what to do now.

Edited by Dippopotamus

Just spent an hour auditing all of my processes and installed programs after my support ticket got the standard 'make sure the firewall isn't in the way' answer. Didn't find a culprit, but I do have to ask. Anyone else using Windows 8.1? Trying to find any other common threads here.

I am also running windows 8.1 and I had run a virus check got them out of the way and updated drivers that the support team had told me to do. Again it ran fine for awhile and then went back to skipping every 30 seconds. I shouldn't have to defrag and run scans every time I want to play and this wasn't the case before the hotfix.

Quick reminder to everyone having problems: do open up a trouble ticket over at support.warframe.com. Part of the process is gathering lots of real data, instead of just guessin'. Also makes it more obvious that yeah, this is totes a serious problem. I'm not really expecting to find anything on this side at this point, but anything that helps DE figure out what the heck the game is doing in these isolated cases and patch it out would be great.

Okay, took a few minutes to collect my findings so far.

The game is, quite reliably, suffering from constant freezes after maybe 5-15 minutes of playing. I can't find any real pattern, but once it starts happening, it happens 2-5 times a minute, freezing for maybe 1-2 seconds each time. CPU and RAM usage look normal whenever it's not frozen. During every freeze, all my cores peg at 100%. Naturally, this only happens in Warframe. Everything is up to date, download cache has been defragged and verified more times than I can readily count.

Interestingly, all four cores peg at 100% even if I have the affinity for Warframe's process set to only 1-3. This might imply something else going on, but I have been unable to narrow it down beyond that. The problem started happening sometime during Cicero, but I couldn't tell you specifically which part of it.

I have adjusted every single display-related and launcher-related option. Resolutions have been changed. Windowed mode has been tested. Individual settings have been flicked on and off. DX11 and 64-bit mode and even multi-core rendering have been toggled. No change in the behavior at any point. Video drivers were changed, programs have been killed out, the non-Steam version has been tried, the process repeated on that one. I cannot find any switches left on the program to flip to try and make the hurting stop.

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz

4 GB RAM

eVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (this matches the OP, and Gentlemoa later in the thread, for whatever that's worth. Beatwapz reports a GTX 690, so i'm starting to wonder about this series)

No recent changes to any hardware or software.

I use 2 GTX 690's because I do then just play games I do alot of engineering with my system too the 660Ti is a great card its just concerning that with a System as strong as mine that my frame rate drops so low 

Well, the good news is that I fixed the problem.

The bad news is that I accomplished it by throwing money at the problem; my CPU, motherboard, and RAM were all about 6-7 years old, so I used this as an excuse to upgrade.

I regret nothing. Seriously quadrupled my framerate without replacing my video card.

I just observed an interesting fact:

When I run as host I usually have way above 100 FPS (because I cranked down my settings to have proper framerate).

However when I'm client and the host (or maybe other players) lag heavily my frame rate tanks to below 60.

So if you run the game in solo mode and you experience no troubles, it might not be the fault of your machine.

So I assume if a host is running the game with really bad framerate around 30 all others suffer heavily as well.

Edited by MaxiTB

Hmm ... okay, lets take this from a different approach:

- CPU is fine.

- GPU is fine.

- RAM is fine.

- NET is fine.

What about your mass storage devices ?

Are you guys running slow HDDs or SSDs ?

Are you guys using one SSD for both, system and the game or even worse one HDD ?

Could be caused by CPU parking. Here is how to disable it.

-Click Start and type in regedit

-Click on regedit

-When regedit is open, hit control & F to bring up a search

-In the search box copy and paste this 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 , this will take a few moments

-Locate "Value Max" check to see if it you see it set at 0x00000000 (0) or 0x00000000 (64)

- If you see (0) then the CPU parking is disabled, if you see (64) then CPU parking is enabled

-Now to disable CPU parking, right click on "Value Max" and select modify and set the value to 0

-Close the registry and restart the computer for changes to take effect

Edited by Mythblaze

Could be caused by CPU parking. Here is how to disable it.

-Click Start and type in regedit

-Click on regedit

-When regedit is open, hit control & F to bring up a search

-In the search box copy and paste this 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 , this will take a few moments

-Locate "Value Max" check to see if it you see it set at 0x00000000 (0) or 0x00000000 (64)

- If you see (0) then the CPU parking is disabled, if you see (64) then CPU parking is enabled

-Now to disable CPU parking, right click on "Value Max" and select modify and set the value to 0

-Close the registry and restart the computer for changes to take effect

Could you explain what cpu parking is to those that don't know?

NOTE TO USERS DOING THIS FIX:

Be careful, you can severely screw up your system if you type the wrong DWORD or value within Regedit, proceed with caution

Core Parking is a feature of Windows 7, some CPU cores will be "turned off" / "parked" depending on load and they will be dynamically turned on or off and dynamically loaded up or down as the system deems necessary.

You can read more here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2009/10/03/windows-7-windows-server-2008-r2-core-parking-intelligent-timer-tick-timer-coalescing.aspx

Edited by aim4it

Disabling CPU parking helped a tiny tiny bit, My SSD(which warframe is installed on) is fine so only thing left i see is the Game engine its self DE must have changed something that is causing these issues and never told any one about it