Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0, Two Concerns [Video]

PookieNumnums

The freedom of movement and the intutitve aspect of the games current design, is a big reason I play this game.

I am worried we may lose some of our freedom with melee 2.0 and having to equip our melee.

Here are two things I hope we dont lose:

Pressing melee for a wall attack mid 'aim and shoot' while wall running (i use wall attk to get me places too)

Shooting behind you in the air directly after a helicopter attk. ( air slide attk )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLdFvaTGnc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLdFvaTGnc

I get the impression that the dedicated melee mode is not going to involve removing the standard "melee key" available when shooting. It should be a supplemental system that makes melee more formidable, not something that ouright replaces all melee capabilities. Here's hoping that's the case.

Personally I hope that they do a thing like Battlefield, and a few other shooting games, where you can either tab an assigned button to do a quick melee attack, or press and hold that button(or hit the swap key) to switch to melee. This is what I hope happens, would you agree T4LCOMX?

Personally I hope that they do a thing like Battlefield, and a few other shooting games, where you can either tab an assigned button to do a quick melee attack, or press and hold that button(or hit the swap key) to switch to melee. This is what I hope happens, would you agree T4LCOMX?

I hope that it happens.

screw coptering it's not even supposed to be in the game

youre such a dork. can you even do it? dual z wall launches into wall runs into dual z to wormhole to more dual z is fun. you sound like a party pooper pickle piper.

all moves have a copter attk. so yah it is. as far as zoren sending you really far, its based on speed. and if they didnt like it, or felt it accented the game, or that enough players didnt like it to keep it... then they'd have removed it.

and yes, i hope we keep a 'quick melee' button so that we can maintain that access from certain moves to others.

Edited by T4LCOMX

youre such a dork. can you even do it? dual z wall launches into wall runs into dual z to wormhole to more dual z is fun. you sound like a party pooper pickle piper.

all moves have a copter attk. so yah it is. as far as zoren sending you really far, its based on speed. and if they didnt like it, or felt it accented the game, or that enough players didnt like it to keep it... then they'd have removed it.

He's not talking about slide attacks. He's talking about the coptering effects that come with slide attacks. The devs knew that it was a glitch from a very, very long time ago, but only kept it because of its popularity.

A glitch is a glitch, though. Seeing Rhinos magically fly across the map with their legs twirling at ten million miles an hour is utterly ridiculous. The glitch needs to be removed, or made into a feature (e.g. new animations that don't involve magical twirly legs as you hurtle like a rocket in a perfectly calm standing position).

As a Coptering fan, I'd prefer the latter. But one thing is certain: it shouldn't stay the same way as it is now.

Edited by SortaRandom

Great News. Just Watched Livestream 20. They said that there will still be a "quick melee" button. That IS NOT  being removed. They stated that equipping your melee weapon will be PURELY OPTIONAL . So I would assume this means these moves will still be possible. There you go Sir, proof straight from DE.