Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Idea: Trophies

spysweeper242

So I thought "Hey why don't tenno keep souvenirs of there battles?" Then I got this idea of allowing you to recover items from battles to gain mastery. Each one has a lore done by its supplier. This has a rare chance to actually become "Recoverable". 

To know if something is "Recoverable" it will pulse green. You recover it by pressing X on it. Here is a list of items that can be recoverable:
Grineer items:

- MK 1 Face mask ( Obtained by lancers ) 

-MK 2 Face mask ( Obtained by troopers )
- Cloning Research ( Obtained By Tyl Regor )

- Hit list ( Obtained by Vay Hek )

- Cybernetics ( Obtained by Vor )

- Grineer Medallion of Honor ( Lech Krill )

- Cooling implants ( Obtained from Ruk )
- Combat orders ( Obtained from Kela)

Corpus items:

- Crewman helmet ( Any Crewman)

- Osprey salvage ( Any ospreys)

- Warframe R&D ( Capture targets )

-Zanuaka Blue print ( Salad V)

- Opsrey main frame ( Raptor)
-  Jackal logic cord ( Jackal )

- Hyena circuits ( Hyena )

As mentioned up there they are rare drops, but give a hek of a lot mastery ( 1000-2000 ).

They are in a Trophies tab of the codex, they show a holo gram of the souvenir and give lots of lore revolving around it.

Random items:

Orokin core: ( Orokin enemies )

Infestation blood sample ( Infested)

Constructive criticism is beloved here. I know that some tweaks might be in order.

Edited by spysweeper242

I do personally think that it would be great to have something like that. And if you have an event like Arid Dessert, were you hunt a special type of the one, you could get a "Golden" version or something like that. That would make this idea even greater. Good thinking spysweeper242

That's an interesting idea. I've always been a fan of little collectable trinkets in games. The suggestion of giving them a little Lore is always welcomed and I like that some of them are nods to subtle things heard in the game such as Vay Hek's "Hit list".

Having them drop from enemies/bosses with the help of RNG is the obvious route but I'd rather these special items be found in hidden rooms that hold significance to the item. Imagine beating Vor and then discovering his private quarters with a desk plastered with Orokin weapon designs and walls adorned with trophies of his own and sitting on the edge is the medal of honor in a display case (Or even his Void key) that you can take. It would give the situation a little more weight, I think.

My only complaint is that the ones that are mechanical components (Circuts, salvage, cords etc) are much less interesting than others (Medals, helmets and masks) so finding more unique things to pick off specific enemies would be a better direction.

See Spy, THIS is how you make good concepts. I really like these; having optional trophies are always nice and fun (if they aren't too frustrating to get), and as the other guy said it might be best if the basic enemy collectibles were random drops while boss collectibles were in hidden rooms that opened after the boss was defeated.

The only question I have now would be if or how do you display them? Are they just for your private collection, or would there be a new Dojo Room or two (Trophy Room, Trophy Hall) or maybe just new placeable objects (single display case, large display case, pedestal, etc) where you could put some of your trophies on display with your name on them, maybe even with a counter of how many of that enemy you've killed or how fast you've beaten that boss?