The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hornet Strike Probability

SpiritOfJazz

Since infested no longer have their own system Hornet Strike has become one of the hardest mods to get and it's ridiculous given it's required if you want to use a pistol side arm. The only options to get this needed mod are to do defence or survival and hope you get it as a terrible drop percentage tier 2 defence reward or spend the 20 minutes in survival and hope for a 5% drop. The alternative is to get it from Infested's top tier enemy, but given now Infested only appear in special events and most players only join survival/defence missions for the event reward it's nest to impossible to farm Toxic Ancients.

The changes seem really short sighted given the mod's literally required unless you want your pistol to be terrible. I don't understand why you'd make this one of the hardest mods in the game to get? So I feel it has to be fixed somehow.

Is it really that hard to encounter the infested? Every time i log on there seems to be a infestation invasion going on.

Invasions, alerts, and OD are not accessible to new players before they reach a point where they reasonably expect more pistol damage.

Trading and Taxi services are a bandaid. I want to see game design solve this issue, and frankly I don't understand why we don't give new players a Rank 0 of every damage mod at creation.

Well, Serration is dropped by about 100 enemies, but they're all so hard to find I get Hornet Strike much more often. Of course, the thing that makes the most sense is that Point Blank is by far the most common Damage mod for guns, yet it's the only one that doesn't have 10 levels.