The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

How I Fixed My Gaming Performance

Ravissen

I've been able to play Warframe just fine until Update 11 was released. After that, the game would get very choppy or sluggish when there were many enemies around or even if I simply played the game for more than 20 minutes. Playing in solo or lowering every single graphics property (disabling DirectX 11, V-Sync, halving my field of view etc.) made absolutely no difference.

But today I pressed the Start button and typed "firewall" in the search bar and then clicked "Windows Firewall and Advanced Security". Then I went to "Inbound", clicked "New Rule", selected "Port", then selected "UDP", and for "Specific Local Ports" I put "3960, 3962". Then I clicked "Allow Connection" and I left Domain, Private, and Public selected.

And now Warframe runs smoothly again!

I'm kinda worried that I basically opened a vulnerability in my firewall but, hey, I can play Warframe now! :D

I just wanted to share this with you guys in case it might help someone. Also, fyi, I have Windows 7 but it should be similar for any other version of Windows.

Also, is it normal that, whenever I open Warframe it asks me, as the administrator of my computer:

"Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?"

The program being the Evolution Engine from Digital Extremes. And I have to click "Yes" every single time, which I also think started appearing since Update 11. Anyway, does anybody else get this? Because I've played other online games before and I never had this appear for any of them.

Most issues are caused by communication between the players in my experience.

If you're having trouble with what seems like insane latency/delay I would recommend you try to host if you have a decent internet to support it. Otherwise it will just pass along the problems to your fellow players.
I've set mine to restrict all latency above 100 which pretty much makes me host every time.

Also make sure to port forward otherwise you're going through hell if you want to be able to play this game smoothly.

If this doesn't help run the game as administrator

Edited by YAAAATZY

For instance I've had it on 150 latency restriction but in reality it created some delays that were unplayable for some reason unknown.
What was 150 seemed like 800-1000 latency which made all drops unobtainable and everyone to teleport around like mad.

Also, is it normal that, whenever I open Warframe it asks me, as the administrator of my computer:

"Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?"

You can try the method outlined in this post to get rid of the UAC firewall rules popup. Not sure if it's the same UAC notification you're getting, but I figured it was worth mentioning. If not, screenshot the details of the UAC window and I'll see what I can find.

You can try the method outlined in this post to get rid of the UAC firewall rules popup. Not sure if it's the same UAC notification you're getting, but I figured it was worth mentioning. If not, screenshot the details of the UAC window and I'll see what I can find.

It worked! Thank you Morcant and EWar :D

Man... I have no words to thank you!!!

Impressively, the game improved by like 30% on performance, and now I can even turn physx on!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously, thank you SOOO MUCH! Didn't know such simple solution would turn to be THAT huge fix!