Fire Rate: 1.3(uncharged) .8(charged)

Reload Time: .5

Impact: (uncharged)33/(charged)70

Puncture: (uncharged)33/(charged)70

Slash: (uncharged)33/(charged)70

Crit Chance: 40%

Crit Damage: 200

Status Chance: 30%

Special Effect: Fully charging the Chimera will imbue the arrow with either Heat, Electric, or Cold damage and a 10% of combining two of the elements.

The Chimera bow is designed to do less overall damage than the other bows but do more damage all around, making it a good general use weapon.Its crit damage and rate would offset its lower damage with its elemental effects adding another layer to potential damage. It has a faster reload and uncharged fire rate than the other bows with a slower charge rate to balance out the effects of a fully charged shot. Its higher status chance also ensures that any elemental mods you put on it have a higher chance of proc'ing on uncharged shots.

*may or may not be OP, no clue how balanced this is, but I tried. My goal was to make a general all around bow with lower total damage that could be used against any faction equally but make up for it in crits and a unique effect.

Edited by JerZeyCJ

A bow with more utility does sound like a cool idea. However, in the state that bows are in, all bow have a really low dps to begin with and the 33 damage per faction and over all 70 damage is awfully low. But the procs and crits might make up for that, either way I would like to see all bows have a very high proc chance like this one since they will never out damage a sniper. 

A bow with more utility does sound like a cool idea. However, in the state that bows are in, all bow have a really low dps to begin with and the 33 damage per faction and over all 70 damage is awfully low. But the procs and crits might make up for that, either way I would like to see all bows have a very high proc chance like this one since they will never out damage a sniper. 

Well, I've had a few ideas of my own for mods to make a bow better for snipers or otherwise... Particularly a "longshot" style mod. Check that out here, though; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/162482-new-archery-mods/ On the subject though, I don't think I quite understand the "special" of this Chimera bow... Adding one of three elements or ten percent of a combined? Might you explain that a bit more in detail?

Well, I've had a few ideas of my own for mods to make a bow better for snipers or otherwise... Particularly a "longshot" style mod. Check that out here, though; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/162482-new-archery-mods/ On the subject though, I don't think I quite understand the "special" of this Chimera bow... Adding one of three elements or ten percent of a combined? Might you explain that a bit more in detail?

Fully charging the bow will always apply either a bonus Heat, Cold, or Electric status effect; with a 10% chance of two of those elements being applied at once, creating one of the combination elements.

Edited by JerZeyCJ

So, no toxic? Also, is that a ten percent chance of each? Like, ten radiation, ten magnetic, ten blast? So, the others happen 33% of 70% of the time? Or is that a ten percent chance that one of thos could happen so every tenth shot has a 1/3 chance of being one of those combos?

So, no toxic? Also, is that a ten percent chance of each? Like, ten radiation, ten magnetic, ten blast? So, the others happen 33% of 70% of the time? Or is that a ten percent chance that one of thos could happen so every tenth shot has a 1/3 chance of being one of those combos?

Since I named it "Chimera" I figured I'd only include the three basic elements and exclude toxin because its not really an element. It is a 10% that either Blast, Magnetic, or Radiation will be applied to your fully charged arrow(the three effects that can be created from Heat, Cold, and Electric) every other charged attack will apply one of the "basic" element effects(Heat, Cold, Electric). You could probably break it down like this:

Heat - 30% chance

Cold - 30% chance

Electric - 30% chance

Combination of those three - 10% chance

V

Heat+Cold(Blast) - 3.3% chance

Cold+Electric(Magnetic) - 3.3% chance

Heat+Electric(Radiation) - 3.3% chance

Ah, alright... Seems a bit low, really, to build a bow around... People like consistant damage, y'know? Maybe just a huge proc chance and some special elemental boost for the main three elements instead? I'd use an elemental focussed bow more than a random one that has low chanced of being the right damage type for the target...

There's very little reason to ever use this over any of the other bows. The main gimmick of a random element is just that -- a gimmick. With no way to control what element you could end up with, and with lower damage than the other bows and a status chance that's only 10% above what's offered by the others, this thing is bottom of the barrel. I'd rather use a Cernos than this.