Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Riot

Morec0

A third attempt at creating a Warframe concept. Enjoy the attempt and idea, and leave comments with your opinion.

Updates:

Minor tweaks.

Changed 4th Ability's name.

Changed 3rd Ability's name, specified Purpose a little more.

Inspiration:

I saw a thread asking about a metalhead Warframe (even though I didn't actually read it) and the idea just kinda popped into my head from there. Originally named Anarchy, decided Riot was a much better fit give his/her abilities (I kinda like the idea of it being a female frame, though).

Purpose:

Riot specializes in arena denial abilities that bring with them bonus damage and crowd control effects while moving around to stay out of enemy fire. Incredibly adapt at defense because of this, Riot's abilities and light armor allow for more mobility than, say, Frost's - but aren't quite as definitive as a result.

1st Ability

Molotov - Riot throws an explosive energy canister that creates an AoE damage effect in the area it lands, dealing fire damage over time. Molotov can be thrown onto a Blockade wall to have the wall deal bonus fire damage to enemies who pass through it. Each level increases damage and radius of the AoE.

2nd Ability

Blockade - Riot creates a wall behind him/her.  The wall doesn't stop bullets or projectiles in either direction, but deals impact damage and slows any enemies that pass through it. Each level increases damage, duration of slow, and number of walls that can be placed (starts at 2, increases to a maximum of 5).

3rd Ability

Stun Rounds - Upon activation, Riot's primary and secondary weapon attacks will bring with them a chance to stun th damaged unit. Each level increases damage and duration of ability.

4th Ability

Noxious Gas - Riot expels a potent chemical for a duration, dealing gas damage to any enemies around him/her with a chance to confuse enemies while keeping Riot completely mobile and able to attack with any weapon. Each level increases damage and duration of ability.

Lore:

With abilities both restrictive and deadly, RIOT controls and eliminates enemies by unleashing chaotic destruction upon the battlefield.

Artwork:

(I have no idea how to post images directly to this site, so this'll have to do for now)

http://morec0.deviantart.com/art/Riot-Warframe-427092257?ga_submit_new=10%253A1389796266 (helmet design)

Edited by Morec0

I know it might make it OP, but being able to combine Molotov w/ other tenno wall abilities would be awesome (Bastille, Snow Globe, Electric Shield and maybe even Hallowed Ground).

I considered the idea, but decided that if he was able to do that then nobody would run Blockade - they'd just throw on Molotov and group up with a frost to ignite the other guy's more concealing wall.

I like the Blockade idea, but what if it was-instead of a riot blockade-a riot shield? Held out like the grineer shield...ers. Don't remember the name. Gives ungodly armor resistance to the front, but restricts movement and lowers accuracy/forces the use of a secondary. For the synergy you could just have it combo if activated during the duration (as in, if Molotov is activated while the shield is up, he/she slams it on the ground and sets the shield on fire). Then, anything that runs into the shield (or is slammed by it) gets fired upon (ha! Puns). As for the knockback/impact consideration, why not have sprint do a charge instead (with an animation of him/her bracing their shoulder against the shield, riot-police style). Melle would do a knockdown-shield-bash in a frontal cone. That way, it's different from all the other oh-look-a-wall powers, and adds risk-reward. 

Also: you might want to change Non-Lethal rounds to Stun rounds, or make them have 100%-knockdown/stun for xseconds, but do little to no damage. Non-lethal rounds that are still lethal kind of defeats the point.

Maybe for the aesthetic you could have it be bulky, sort of like rhino. The standard warframe bodysuit, but with armor plating centered more around the chest, joints and shins. And a blank, face-shield-like helmet (a gas mask forming when the 4th is activated would be boss). Maybe have a riot shield on her/his back for the power (if you decide to use it).

Edit: my god, the spelling mistakes. Shouldn't type things at 6 AM.

Edited by Cptcuddlybuns

I like the Blockade idea, but what if it was-instead of a riot blockade-a riot shield? Held out like the grineer shield...ers. Don't remember the name. Gives ungodly armor resistance to the front, but restricts movement and lowers accuracy/forces the use of a secondary. For the synergy you could just have it combo if activated during the duration (as in, if Molotov is activated while the shield is up, he/she slams it on the ground and sets the shield on fire). Then, anything that runs into the shield (or is slammed by it) gets fired upon (ha! Puns). As for the knockback/impact consideration, why not have sprint do a charge instead (with an animation of him/her bracing their shoulder against the shield, riot-police style). Melle would do a knockdown-shield-bash in a frontal cone. That way, it's different from all the other oh-look-a-wall powers, and adds risk-reward. 

Also: you might want to change Non-Lethal rounds to Stun rounds, or make them have 100%-knockdown/stun for xseconds, but do little to no damage. Non-lethal rounds that are still lethal kind of defeats the point.

Maybe for the aesthetic you could have it be bulky, sort of like rhino. The standard warframe bodysuit, but with armor plating centered more around the chest, joints and shins. And a blank, face-shield-like helmet (a gas mask forming when the 4th is activated would be boss). Maybe have a riot shield on her/his back for the power (if you decide to use it).

Edit: my god, the spelling mistakes. Shouldn't type things at 6 AM.

To address paragraph by paragraph:

I conceived an idea that worked similarly to that, before replacing it with "non-lethal rounds," but removed it because I wanted to have a little more leaning towards the offensive side of a riot with Riot. As I probably should have articulated a little better in the Purpose section, I want this guy to have high mobility. I think that this wall is meant to "stop" people rather than bullets separates it enough as well; again, I want to have this guy be high mobility, a lightweight defense, compared to your rhinos and vaubans and frosts. I'll edit in these a little more. As for risk reward: I see that coming in with Noxious Gas (running around the enemy, using agility to avoid them, ect).

Yeah, I agree on the name-change. I wanted to use the technical real-world term for them (at one point the ability name was Rubber Bullets) but you're right on it doesn't really fit with the ability perfectly.

As for look, and I'm no artist, but I think of this guy and I see a kinda thin guy, like the stereotypical British Punk even. Lightweight, speedster, but, as the name states, chaotic and destructive. Heck, thinking about it gives me inspiration to try and draw (and fail) a helmet design for him.

As for look, and I'm no artist, but I think of this guy and I see a kinda thin guy, like the stereotypical British Punk even. Lightweight, speedster, but, as the name states, chaotic and destructive. Heck, thinking about it gives me inspiration to try and draw (and fail) a helmet design for him.

Ah, I was thinking it as more of a riot police than a rioter himself.

so hes a rioter?

4th ability: get into jail, works pretty good you know

That or just gets shot. It could happen (only on the Hub).

And I've updated the OP with a link to a drawing of the helmet. If anyone can tell me how the hell I'm able to actually post images here, I'll be grateful.

*cough*Vauban*cough*

Vauban's more stand-your-ground defensive, I see this guy as being in-your-face offensive but with his abilities having a defensive touch (hence every ability except molotov relying on Riot being in a certain area  or actively attacking). Also, this guy's not fat.