Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pestilence [Infested Stalker Equivalent]

Elestor

food for thought 

An infested unit that spawns randomly, like the stalker , according to some criteria . Idea is to infest rather than fight.

Description : 

Pestilence has the similarity to the infested slime covering the tile sets. IT can spawn out or spawn back in , as it can use it as a means of travel or to evade as a last resort.

It will also rarely use the ground preferring to jump on unsuspecting tenno  from the walls it comes out of . 

Sometimes it mimics the appearance of a tenno and tags along or stands still to lure the prey into a false sense of security ....(if the map has empty slots.)

Abilitys gained from past tenno encounters.

1 .Drain energy

2 .Bolts (Viral) 

3 .Molt

4 .Infest (Take control)

IF it manages to overwhelm an unsuspecting tenno 

IT will infest the player. Turning the tenno and adding some infested slime and tentacles to his apparance (can be general similar to the syandana)

The screen will turn green and you will be helpless and without control  as you kill and hunt other tenno . 

If you manage the defeat this vile creature

Before it infest you it will crawl back to the slime it came from leaving behind the dead and cut off peaces.(if any)

or

After the tenno is infested he/she can only be saved if killed. Revealing a weakened pestilence after.  

Comments:

This should add a little fear to infested tile sets, and dynamic to the games evolution. You will be Infested ... sooner or later...MUHAHAHAHA

In any case this is meant as inspiration for DE if they require it. 

Notes : 

If pestilence mimics a player (again , if the map has empty slots) it will do so from the start of the game and it will only jump you when it announces itself. - thanks immolator1001

Edited by Elestor

Mimicing a tenno? If it announces its presence that would be useless and you'd notice a 5th guy if you had a full team. Molt would be useless since it would drop a copy that looks crappy and doesn't move and would be ignored. Infest would just be a huge pain and would vary in difficulty (if it got a trinity with blessing it could be invincible). 

I think the idea of an infested stalker is awesome but most of the details you gave about how it would actually work are iffy.

Mimicing a tenno? If it announces its presence that would be useless and you'd notice a 5th guy if you had a full team. Molt would be useless since it would drop a copy that looks crappy and doesn't move and would be ignored. Infest would just be a huge pain and would vary in difficulty (if it got a trinity with blessing it could be invincible). 

I think the idea of an infested stalker is awesome but most of the details you gave about how it would actually work are iffy.

Appreciate the thoughts

Regarding mimicking , i mentioned "(if the map has empty slots.)"so that means if you play solo , 2 , 3, persons. Its not uncommon for a player to join the game ... so why not use this as an advantage. 

It would scare the S#&$ out of you is suddenly for ex. an excalibur suddenly will go all "alien" on you . You wont expect it. 

Besides how many games have you played where there isint someone left behind or split up ?

Hope that helps make things clear. 

About announcing itself ,  i considered the spawning part only. You bring up a good point, and its a good flaw.

I will add that if pestilence mimics a player (again , if the map has empty slots) it will do so from the start of the game and it will only jump you when it announces itself.

About molt indeed it would be ignored. But it would give time for Pestilence to go back into the slime and jump you from behind, that stuffs everywhere.

It can also use it asa a gap closer , to gain 1 step closer at infesting you, sometimes its all it takes. So .. yeah ..it has its atvantages.

About infest, the big one ... of his 4 abilitys. I have to admit i wasent that clear on it and as you said "Iffy", my bad.

I thought that looking at the abilitys it will be clear that it drains your energy like the ancients, (suddenly your energy is 0). so if it infest you it would have 0 energy and will resort to weapons.

Hope this clears the "iffy"-ness

Edited by Elestor