Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Melee 2.0

TennoSimons

Hello everyone,

I am really excited to see what Melee 2.0 will bring about. As has been known for some time now, we will be able to switch out of primary or secondary weapon to our melee now. It was interesting that in the most recent Dev Q&A, it was stated that Warframe will still retain the ability to quick melee with a gun equipped (using the currrent default "e" button, presumably) AND one reason for switching to your melee weapon was provided : the ability to do an enemy staggering parry - if properly timed. Which I think is just amazing.

But will it be sufficiently amazing to get people to switch out from their guns (especially when they can still quick melee)? Remains to be seen. But here is my suggestion to further incentivize switching to melee weapon stance:

Idea: Make attacks (or kills) done while in melee weapon stance give you some energy

As it stands, the only way to get energy aside from a couple mods (rage and energy syphon, Trinity's energy vampire etc) is to loot it from corpses or lockers - which has always struck me as un-tough. I would like to feel more self-sufficient about the ability to gain energy. I don't think that meleeing would have to give you a whole lot of energy, but if it gave you even a bit, it would reward people for putting their guns away and we wouldn't have the current situation of a lot of end game players having maxed out the mastery for all their guns with a huge backlog of largely un-mastered melee weapons. 

Please upvote if you like this idea!

Edited by Toe_ma

It would indeed make Trinity even more of an energy tank (you could make a rule where Link would nullify or limit gaining melee energy).

As for the point about dual zoren: I don't see how it's relevant. If Zoren is OP, then having a (at this point only purely theoretical) new mechanic shouldn't make it more OP. Not necessarily, at least. If anything, this system could help equalize melee imbalances by introducing a new stat: energy yield. Zoren could give you less energy per hit/kill than presently under-powered weapons. 

Not by default, but as a mod - sure.

Yeah, a mod would be fair. But I think it should be default or else why would people switch from a gun to a melee weapons when they can still melee with the gun equipped? Perhaps a mod to boost a modest innate energy yielding ability. Still, I agree that a mod to do this would be great (though, again, I think that it should only work when melee weapon is equipped).