Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods Are Fine, Just Bring Back The Skilltree

DellSalami

I didn't get to play on launch day, for some reasons I won't tell, and I thought about the mod system and such, I would be fine with that. But when I actually got to play today, I realized they removed the skilltree too. I can understand everyone's gripes all of a sudden. Leveling is useless, now I have to farm for mods. On a side note, all my good mods are lost. I mean I had a 98.9 Multishot mod for level 30 shotguns, which I was saving for my hek. Now it's gone. What happened? Please DE, put in a skilltree again. Please.

No complaints. This is a feedback thread, not a complaint thread. Please.

As stated on various threads, the Mod system is good, but leveling a WF or weapon is somewhat less encouraging and rewarding.

You have to count on mods to get stronger, which is quit hard since it depends on your luck.

For me, I'm good with it, but the Warframes should still have a skill tree or at least, the health and shield & energy increases by level. >.>

Maybe instead of a skill tree. Your Warframe gets health/shields/energy increase by a base amount ever level up. Maybe change depending on the Warframe.

I hope they do the same for weapons too. The only thing that made using the Snipetron barable, was the bonus reload speed it got by the time you got it to 30. Now you get none of that. No bonus damage, crit chance... nothing.

I like the new system, it allows for much more customization, as i can for example drop some of the vanilla abilities of a warframe to adapt it more to my personal playstyle. I can understand that a lot of people are dissapointed that their high-level frames are basically back to level 1 with the update, but playing the last two days a got more than enough mods to get my main frame back to beeing quiet powerful in certainly shorter time than it took me to get it to max level.

So looking at the new system from the perspective of a level 1 frame, you'd normaly have more than enough mods once your frame reaches max level to be just as powerful as you'd normaly be with a skilltree and a hardcoded progression, just with the added benefit of a more varied customization.

So though I get why people are dissapointed atm with the 'soft reset' I'm happy we did this change now instead of sticking with the rather boring and weak mod/skilltree we had before. Of course this is my personal opinion and people are free to disagree with me.

What I don't get is the QQing about leveling having no impact anymore, I could never mount the amount of powerful mods i have on my almost max-level potatoed Frost on any noob frame. Though he does not get stronger by itself, it's potential for power increases a lot with leveling, same for weapons. I'm actually 'grinding' my new Paris atm, so its pool will be big enough to take all the nice mods i've found and leveled up by now.

Edit:

Passive Health/Shield boni would make the associated cards a lot more powerful for high-level frames though... so they'd need either a energy price adjustment or an efficiency nerf.... in return making them less useful for low-level frames. I'd be fine with that though.

Edited by Feindfeuer

I like the new system, it allows for much more customization, as i can for example drop some of the vanilla abilities of a warframe to adapt it more to my personal playstyle. I can understand that a lot of people are dissapointed that their high-level frames are basically back to level 1 with the update, but playing the last two days a got more than enough mods to get my main frame back to beeing quiet powerful in certainly shorter time than it took me to get it to max level.

So looking at the new system from the perspective of a level 1 frame, you'd normaly have more than enough mods once your frame reaches max level to be just as powerful as you'd normaly be with a skilltree and a hardcoded progression, just with the added benefit of a more varied customization.

So though I get why people are dissapointed atm with the 'soft reset' I'm happy we did this change now instead of sticking with the rather boring and weak mod/skilltree we had before. Of course this is my personal opinion and people are free to disagree with me.

What I don't get is the QQing about leveling having no impact anymore, I could never mount the amount of powerful mods i have on my almost max-level potatoed Frost on any noob frame. Though he does not get stronger by itself, it's potential for power increases a lot with leveling, same for weapons. I'm actually 'grinding' my new Paris atm, so its pool will be big enough to take all the nice mods i've found and leveled up by now.

Edit:

Passive Health/Shield boni would make the associated cards a lot more powerful for high-level frames though... so they'd need either a energy price adjustment or an efficiency nerf.... in return making them less useful for low-level frames. I'd be fine with that though.

I can understand people liking it. It's just... it's hard to get back on track. I love the game, even still going to upgrade, but I just don't like the difficulty of things now that much.

Before U7: So hard to die.

After U7: So hard to live!

'S not hard to survive at all. If you take your unmoded frame to earth and beyond yes but if you start on mercury and get a few mods things becom exponentially easier. My HeK is back to one shoting lv 30 grineer and corpus. Play some more at the proper maps and you will see that this is true. Lokis starting HP and Shield are a joke atm though. Needs a buff to either if not both. Loki is a melee character yet Volt who is a mage (rpg refference) archetype has double hp unmoded and 25 more shields too. Something is iffy here.

On a side note, all my good mods are lost. I mean I had a 98.9 Multishot mod for level 30 shotguns, which I was saving for my hek. Now it's gone. What happened?

Probably turned into a Rare10 since that kind of thing isn't easy to get... Mod system is different now so it changed all the previous mods into Fusion Cores which are ranked into 3 different catagories and 10 levels in each one (Uncommon 10 = Rare 6 in XP exchange)

Maybe instead of a skill tree. Your Warframe gets health/shields/energy increase by a base amount ever level up. Maybe change depending on the Warframe.

Would be more useful on with that than just keeping the same amount of health and shield through the whole game... having hard time staying alive with Loki now since he has 75shield and health. Only way to do Pluto now is have powerful guns with good base damage and Decoy like crazy. Passive health and shield increase (along with some energy) per level would be perfect.

'S not hard to survive at all. If you take your unmoded frame to earth and beyond yes but if you start on mercury and get a few mods things becom exponentially easier. My HeK is back to one shoting lv 30 grineer and corpus. Play some more at the proper maps and you will see that this is true. Lokis starting HP and Shield are a joke atm though. Needs a buff to either if not both. Loki is a melee character yet Volt who is a mage (rpg refference) archetype has double hp unmoded and 25 more shields too. Something is iffy here.

Thank for the guide anyway. Can i get "Fire Damage" mod there?