Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris: Laser Guiding Mod?

MaxImpact

I've seen a bunch of people saying that the Penta has just about replaced the Ogris as far as explosive weaponry, due to the overall flexibility of it, and it being much cheaper. I still really love my RAWKET LAWNCHAIR, but to improve on it even further, how about making a mod to allow the rockets to be laser-guided, like in Half-Life 2?

Now, I know they have most of the code to do this, since we've seen reticle-based targeting with Nova's antimatter drop. The main issue would probably be multishot, I don't know how that would work out. As far as multiple rockets, having multiple rockets in the air would be a no-no, so there's that issue. But, as I said in my Penta Sticky Mod topic, it'd be a really cool option.

the lore explanation of Ogris - is that we traded off the Grineer guidance system in order to have a lot more explosive filler in each projectile.

that being said, Ogris obviously still wins out for sheer group wiping since it has more damage in each explosion. 

Penta is superior, perhaps - but mostly superior for general missions, not Survivals or Defenses where you often are focusing groups on choke points anyways - which means you can take advantage of the extra damage and splash range.