Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Chat Window Available Everywhere.

Duckquack

Except for missions, make the chat window user-friendly and accessible everywhere.

- Have a minimize/maximise/hide(unhide) button.

minimize: show 1-3 lines of current chat screen, inclusive of chat input.

maximize: show the maximum chat screen.

hide: hide/unhide the chat screen

1) When maximized, make it the top overlay over the rest. (Full chat available only)

2) When minimized (if chat input not allowed), then just show new incoming messages over 1-3 lines.

Other overlays are fully accessible, ie. mods, select weapons, etc.

3) Hide/unhide to show the full underlays blocked by the minimized window.

4) Clicking a contact in contact list will enable private messaging, same as before update 7.

This should be in the UI Feedback section. But yeah I agree with everything you've said. +1

In addition to that, the scrollbars seem to have gotten a hit in the last hotfix, everything appears as scrolled down to the bottom at first :/ might be chat related but its like that everywhere, even in the end mission reports.

Oh also, regarding the chat, it'd be awesome if the the chatlog didn't reset everytime we got in and out of missions.

Not really sure about this but I think the chat window is causing quite a bit of lag in general as well, even when not chatting.

Edited by CapricaSix

Scratch that some people can't even see the chat window... (I'm included)

'Due to immense lag occuring with chat' as I said....

It's really buggy right now and 60% of the people on the game cannot see it because of how buggy it is. It also affects the fps of the map when you're choosing missions and when you're editting your Warframe/weapons/sentinel.

They're going to fix that eventually but with people harping at them like this, it's kind of annoying not only them in some portions... but also the other Tenno that have been patient through it :l

Agreed.

Another option that would be nice to have is to pin the chat window or at least have it remember where I dragged it.

Every time you're returned to the main screen after completing a mission the chat window is reset and minimised to its default position.

If I'm messing about in the inventory or mods page it obstructs the chat whereas if I drag it to the botton left of my screen I can still read the chat.

In my opinion the slight off center positioning is just horrible.