Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did That Video Say The Tysis Has 50% Status Chance?

Bobsplosion

Makes the Acrid look like crap now, oh... wait... Ever sense the nerf its been crap.

Really? the Acrid is much better then this gun... Faster fire rate, and has a Dot.... Also the dot does 4x more dmg when hit enemy in head. Acrid is not that bad of a gun... Also expel increases Dot by 60% instead of 30%.

Why would people compare it to Acrid or call it Acrid replacement.

Aside from the fact that they're both pistols....there is not much in common.   

Acrid Toxic - Tysis Corrosive
Acrid fast semi auto trigger - Tysis SLOW semi auto trigger

Acrid non status - Tysis Status

The Acrid is just a straight up pew pew damage gun while the Tysis is a stat proc weapon (that seemingly has even less dps than the Acrid)

Scott said they started slow with 10% status chance, maybe now they are testing higher numbers which is a good idea imo, 10% status does nothing.

They need to make high-proc stock weapons a bigger thing. Like the bo pre-dmg 2.0 with innate stagger, WHICH IT LOST

They need to make high-proc stock weapons a bigger thing. Like the bo pre-dmg 2.0 with innate stagger, WHICH IT LOST

I assume they are just testing the waters by slowly adding higher proc weapons and waiting for the community's feedback.  I doubt they will leave all the older weapons stuck at 1,2,5 and 10% proc rates.

Guest Shibboleet

High proc with low base damage doesn't do much beyond a corrosive armor melting gun, and the embolist is better suited for that short-range than this.

Not to mention that once the armor is gone the corrosive loses out on the bonus damage.

Edited by Shibboleet

There is no way this thing is actually OP...people just see a high stat and go insane yelling "nurf nurf urf durf" for no reason.... dps wise this thing is low...so why nerf away the proc...to make it have absolutely nothing at all? 

Proc is the only thing this weapon has...literally....it's in the "top 5" of weakest weaponry if Im not mistaken (dps wise)

I can't remember what it's called, but there is a psychological phenomenon where you notice more when something fails than when it works.

And of course there is always RNG at work.

This since whenever it triggers you don't register it because it is a non event. Its like when you're in the shower and your phone rings. You complain that your phone rings every time you're in the shower, but it doesn't register to you when the phone doesn't ring since its a non-event so it procing is a non-event.

In my honest opinion, guns with a very high status proc chance should no way be given any seriously damage. They should be use as a alternative to raw damage, or to be used as a combination with a high damage weapon.

For example, i can see this being used to melt high level enemy armor values (Hello Grineer!)very quickly and cheaply if given only +status chance, +fire rate and perhaps some +ammo mods.

After that, you just switch to a high powered shotty and give them a good few dozen new problems. (my Strum wraith with several formas loves targets with no armor ;p)

*Edit* - Just had a brainwave... put electrical damage on this weapon.... ALL THE STUNS!

Edited by FatPokemon

lol same here I haven't potatoed or formad a weapon in long time ever since my 4-6 forma acrid/flux/ogris got nerfed to the ground ,thank god I still have 4 forma despair and soma masterrace

but I do not plan on investing my time into any weapon unless de pulls their act together 

I assume they are just testing the waters by slowly adding higher proc weapons and waiting for the community's feedback.  I doubt they will leave all the older weapons stuck at 1,2,5 and 10% proc rates.

I really hope so.  Because given the current state of things, since high proc % weapons are in the few, we're more likely to have the community call to nerf these weapons so that the older ones aren't overshadowed.

Warframe had no proc % chance before and it was awesome to set all enemies on fire, electrocute, and/or ice frag them.  I first encountered the proc % chance thing when playing Borderlands 2 and I thought it sucked in comparison to the consistent elemental effects that we had before in Warframe.

It's just not as fun to fire a few rounds, wait for a weird clanging sound, then see 1 out of every 6 enemies have green bubbles, etc. on them.  I'd rather have all enemies taking damage until their HP runs out (or almost runs out), then set on fire every time, blasted apart, fragged, electrocuted, etc. it just seems more appealing that way to me.

Edited by sushidubya