Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mini Map And Misleading Markers

Wallace24

I'm sure someone's complained about it before, but there's nothing recently, so I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but I think this issue should be addressed

what reminded me of the mini-map marker issue was how confusing it can be trying to find life support capsules and the extraction on the grineer asteroid tileset (I play a lot of survival, and the mission objective markers don't appear linearly in that game mode, so it's the most relevant). also makes finding downed teammates a hassle. this tileset is particularly bad, and the new tile connections using the railroads seem to be causing that issue. so anyway, point is you can't always trust the mini-map. however, now we can pull up a bigger map as well

this should fix all the issues, but at present it doesn't. allies and mission markers should show up in their actual locations when you pull up the bigger map. I can understand if the normal mini-map is inaccurate, but pulling up the full level map should show you which room your teammates are actually in, not just what door to use to get to them. if you don't have parts of the map unlocked, then yes, markers should be placed on the nearest door to the tile the marker is on, but if you cleared out the map such that most if not all rooms are visible, then I think we should be able to see when teammates or objectives are in those rooms

tl;dr - for whatever reason, the grineer asteroid has become a very roundabout tileset, and mini-map markers are all over the place. that's just a specific case, but markers are misleading on a variety of tilesets. pulling up the larger map with 'M' should show the locations of objectives and teammates in rooms you've already explored. right now, it doesn't

Yes, I also complained about something similar. Anyone who likes wallrunning knows dozens of shortcuts, but often we don't get to use our shortcuts because we need to follow the minimap's path-finding step by step to actually know which of the 2 or 3 possible doors we are being led to.

Sure, that step by step path-finding is useful when you just started playing, but it get's really obnoxious for anyone who can do better on his own. An option to make the path finding direct from door to door would be great. And if we can open up the big map to see how many rooms away the marker is, even better.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Most importantly:

Issue:

When your teammate is one room away, they will disappear from both minimap and big map. You won't see or know their exact location.

target location markers:

They work like gps coordinates so they don't show the closest direction but some kind of "safe direction" to the locations. And the issue is that the game can't manage to accurately give the location a proper direction. Example: When you need to go up to the floor above you, and go through an a corridor and go down two floors (below your current level) the marker will still show "go to that direction and down". But it's clear that you can't go down on your current location, but up.

Very distracting and uninformative unfortunately, and I don't even expect a fix for this like ever (not soon and not "around the corner" for sure).