Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World Warframe

Instinction

Even better example assasin's creed.

PSO 2 :D  no western realease yet dammit D:

I can't believe AC went over my head (and I've never played it either)..

Word. :(

Sentence.

Although I know some Japanese myself and made the captcha guide (which is....not really maintained by me anymore lol <3) so pso2 JP ain't a big deal to me.

But I gotta get premium to use myshop, ℱ!

Question: When you say open world do you mean allowing more than four people to play on the same instance? Or keep hosting the way it is, just bigger?

If hosting were to stay the same then I could see them releasing something like this in the next year if enough people ask for it. There wouldnt be tilesets; it would just be one massive space with randomly generated structures (pre-programmed, of course, but random in that no two instances would have the same arrangement of structures). Maybe they could randomly generate bases, camps, rivers, ravines, etc (probably no forests if we're talking about asteroids).

A randomly generated Tower, with randomly generated rooms, might have a chance to spawn a Boss Room, which would drop a blueprint of some sort. Frontier Camps might have a dozen crates, all yours for the taking. Bases suspended over or within ravines could have dozens upon dozens of lockers to break into, especially in the barracks. Imagine all the credits you could steal from those bastard Grineer soldiers! Wild creatures up the ying-yang! Secret bonus objectives that reward you with resources, credits, blueprints, mods and more!

There are so many possibilities its ridiculous and I think its perfectly possible. Even for slow warframes, I'm sure it could be fun. There would be plenty of opportunities for them to shine.

For example: Lotus has detected a powerful energy source near you. You search for and hack a terminal to open a door and find out its an artifact. Unfortunately, you have also tripped an alarm. Now, you must defend it until a ship can arrive to extract it. This is where a defensive warframe comes in handy. You can now either stay and defend the artifact and get a special mod at the end OR you can simply leave it and let it be taken by the enemy if you dont care. There would probably be a small credit reward as well.

Edited by Technic235

Some examples of what I imagine:

Upon your arrival

Lotus: "Tenno, we need your help. The Grineer/Corpus have begun to expand at an alarming rate. Based on our intel, we fear they may be preparing for your annihilation. We cannot allow this. Look around and do whatever you can to hinder their efforts. You will be rewarded handsomely when you're done."

~~~~~~~~

Upon finding a Tower

Lotus: "I'm detecting some strange energy signitures from this tower. Find a way in and investigate."

Upon entering the Tower and hacking a terminal

Lotus: "The intel you're feeding me suggests this tower is actually a clone/MOA factory for the Grineer/Corpus. It must be destroyed. Find a path to its reactor and blow it up."

Random "event": Alarm goes off

Lotus: "You have been locked in from an outside source. I will have to send in another operative to track it down. Until then, you must fight.

Upon surviving for five minutes: Alarm turns off

Lotus: "The hacker has been dealt with. You can now finish your previous objective; find the reactor and blow it up."

Upon priming the reactor for remote detonation

Lotus: "Make your way outside and I will detonate the reactor.

Upon leaving the tower

Lotus: "You have done well. After you have finished here I will send in a crew and scavenge whats left of the rubble. If we find anything useful, you will be given a small portion as part of your payment."

Reward: Lots of credits and varying amounts of resources.

~~~~~~~~

Upon nearing an artifact

Lotus: "I'm detecting a powerful energy source near you. It seems to be reacting to your frame. Locate it and bring it in for inspection."

Upon hacking a terminal and opening a door

Lotus: "The enemy has detected you. You will have to defend the artifact while you wait for extraction. ETA: 5 minutes."

Upon defending the artifact for 5 minutes

Lotus: "I cannot land the extraction shuttle on your location. I'm going to have to land outside. Start the rail train the artifact is on and defend it along its path."

Train reaches end of line and the shuttle picks up the artifact

Lotus: "Job well done, Tenno. We will deliver this to HQ where it will be studied. This would not have been possible without you."

Reward: Credits and a Rare Mod

~~~~~~~~

Upon finding an enemy camp (also has lots of lockers)

Lotus: "Reports suggest there might be a VIP in that camp. Find and capture him and you will be rewarded handsomely."

Reward: 5k Credits

~~~~~~~~

Throughout the mission there will be vehicles and mining equipment

Lotus: "Destroy any machinery that you find."

Upon destroying something

Lotus: "That should slow them down."

Reward: 2k credits per + an additional 5k if all are destroyed.

~~~~~~~~

A real Open world would require to be hosted by DE - still it is doable. Myself I thought there should be some kind of Tenno planet where people could just talk/ form squads/pick missions. Such a planet would be hosted by DE, while missions would still stay P2P. If nothing else then just for people to socialize a bit... Warframe is called a MMO, but at the state it's currently in it deserves no more than a "game with multiplayer"

Moving to Feedback > Gameplay 

How about to make a subforum "Ideas". This one really doesn't fit into "feedback"

Question: When you say open world do you mean allowing more than four people to play on the same instance? Or keep hosting the way it is, just bigger?

If hosting were to stay the same then I could see them releasing something like this in the next year if enough people ask for it. There wouldnt be tilesets; it would just be one massive space with randomly generated structures (pre-programmed, of course, but random in that no two instances would have the same arrangement of structures). Maybe they could randomly generate bases, camps, rivers, ravines, etc (probably no forests if we're talking about asteroids).

A randomly generated Tower, with randomly generated rooms, might have a chance to spawn a Boss Room, which would drop a blueprint of some sort. Frontier Camps might have a dozen crates, all yours for the taking. Bases suspended over or within ravines could have dozens upon dozens of lockers to break into, especially in the barracks. Imagine all the credits you could steal from those bastard Grineer soldiers! Wild creatures up the ying-yang! Secret bonus objectives that reward you with resources, credits, blueprints, mods and more!

There are so many possibilities its ridiculous and I think its perfectly possible. Even for slow warframes, I'm sure it could be fun. There would be plenty of opportunities for them to shine.

For example: Lotus has detected a powerful energy source near you. You search for and hack a terminal to open a door and find out its an artifact. Unfortunately, you have also tripped an alarm. Now, you must defend it until a ship can arrive to extract it. This is where a defensive warframe comes in handy. You can now either stay and defend the artifact and get a special mod at the end OR you can simply leave it and let it be taken by the enemy if you dont care. There would probably be a small credit reward as well.

It could be more players if the game could handle it, if not, keeping it at four would be just fine.

Pretty much all the stuff you mentioned about the frames, mission objectives, and maps/tilesets is exactly what I'm talking about.

Some examples of what I imagine:

Upon your arrival
Lotus: "Tenno, we need your help. The Grineer/Corpus have begun to expand at an alarming rate. Based on our intel, we fear they may be preparing for your annihilation. We cannot allow this. Look around and do whatever you can to hinder their efforts. You will be rewarded handsomely when you're done."
~~~~~~~~

Upon finding a Tower
Lotus: "I'm detecting some strange energy signitures from this tower. Find a way in and investigate."

Upon entering the Tower and hacking a terminal
Lotus: "The intel you're feeding me suggests this tower is actually a clone/MOA factory for the Grineer/Corpus. It must be destroyed. Find a path to its reactor and blow it up."

Random "event": Alarm goes off
Lotus: "You have been locked in from an outside source. I will have to send in another operative to track it down. Until then, you must fight.

Upon surviving for five minutes: Alarm turns off
Lotus: "The hacker has been dealt with. You can now finish your previous objective; find the reactor and blow it up."

Upon priming the reactor for remote detonation
Lotus: "Make your way outside and I will detonate the reactor.

Upon leaving the tower
Lotus: "You have done well. After you have finished here I will send in a crew and scavenge whats left of the rubble. If we find anything useful, you will be given a small portion as part of your payment."

Reward: Lots of credits and varying amounts of resources.
~~~~~~~~

Upon nearing an artifact
Lotus: "I'm detecting a powerful energy source near you. It seems to be reacting to your frame. Locate it and bring it in for inspection."

Upon hacking a terminal and opening a door
Lotus: "The enemy has detected you. You will have to defend the artifact while you wait for extraction. ETA: 5 minutes."

Upon defending the artifact for 5 minutes
Lotus: "I cannot land the extraction shuttle on your location. I'm going to have to land outside. Start the rail train the artifact is on and defend it along its path."

Train reaches end of line and the shuttle picks up the artifact
Lotus: "Job well done, Tenno. We will deliver this to HQ where it will be studied. This would not have been possible without you."

Reward: Credits and a Rare Mod
~~~~~~~~

Upon finding an enemy camp (also has lots of lockers)
Lotus: "Reports suggest there might be a VIP in that camp. Find and capture him and you will be rewarded handsomely."

Reward: 5k Credits
~~~~~~~~

Throughout the mission there will be vehicles and mining equipment
Lotus: "Destroy any machinery that you find."

Upon destroying something
Lotus: "That should slow them down."

Reward: 2k credits per + an additional 5k if all are destroyed.
~~~~~~~~

Exactly what I mean. Have a main mission, but like in other mmos, have that main mission have a set of optional objectives as well for increased rewards, xp, whatever.

It could be more players if the game could handle it, if not, keeping it at four would be just fine.

Pretty much all the stuff you mentioned about the frames, mission objectives, and maps/tilesets is exactly what I'm talking about.

the game can hold a lot of players . this bug happened to me,  myself and a lot of players spawned in someone's dojo .

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3368991552515720522/529D4756B796FFD648CBFE24BBD5300C5D5E3568/

Maybe next game, yeah?

EDIT:

" A real Open world would require to be hosted by DE - still it is doable. Myself I thought there should be some kind of Tenno planet where people could just talk/ form squads/pick missions. Such a planet would be hosted by DE, while missions would still stay P2P. If nothing else then just for people to socialize a bit... Warframe is called a MMO, but at the state it's currently in it deserves no more than a "game with multiplayer" " - seiryuo

Having some sort of hub world in lieu of the current main menu would certainly be nice, as well as less linear levels.

But it's not really necessary.

Edited by Gault_Siebers

Having some sort of hub world in lieu of the current main menu would certainly be nice, as well as less linear levels.

I would actually really really love having a hub planet, like a public dojo, where anyone could go and chat or show off colors/builds whatever

DE_Scott has stated this game will never be open World.

Game engine and the small staff they have is possibly the cause.

Care to link your source? I haven't seen every livestream but I have seen most of them and I don't remember open world ever being discussed unless it was one of the earliest livestreams.

The game already has some open-world elements, it wouldn't be a bad thing to add more onto them. I'd like something like map-nodes that have no preset goal and instead has many goals the player can accomplish and the option to extract anytime.

If anyone could do it I trust DE to do it. This is a idea, its not scripture pertaining to certain inevitable outcome.

I like the concept, and I like the sub Ideas. I feel like interesting things could be built from them conceptually if not directly.

I would love to see on a asteroid walk level a new shield mechanic. Were your shields form a "Sanctuary" life support bubble. When standing on a surface the bubble would affix its base to the asteroid to allow for grounding when struck physically in a low G environment. By holding shift your shield would form the usual sphere and allow you to run. If struck while jumping or running moment would be adjusted depending on the kinetic force of the projectile, due to the shield not grounding you.

The shield would also operate as your habitat. When depleted by enemy fire, health would count down in the usual oxygen depleted sort of way.

This would perhaps bring some variety to nightmare alerts, and provide a new and interesting form of low G fighting.

Don't let the trolls get you down. Forums are a negative place.

If anyone could do it I trust DE to do it. This is a idea, its not scripture pertaining to certain inevitable outcome.

I like the concept, and I like the sub Ideas. I feel like interesting things could be built from them conceptually if not directly.

I would love to see on a asteroid walk level a new shield mechanic. Were your shields form a "Sanctuary" life support bubble. When standing on a surface the bubble would affix its base to the asteroid to allow for grounding when struck physically in a low G environment. By holding shift your shield would form the usual sphere and allow you to run. If struck while jumping or running moment would be adjusted depending on the kinetic force of the projectile, due to the shield not grounding you.

The shield would also operate as your habitat. When depleted by enemy fire, health would count down in the usual oxygen depleted sort of way.

This would perhaps bring some variety to nightmare alerts, and provide a new and interesting form of low G fighting.

Don't let the trolls get you down. Forums are a negative place.

I love the shield idea, I think that could work very well for how zero-g battles would work. I think it would be cool to float around a little bit and maybe be able to jump from space debris to space debris, or asteroid to asteroid.

If anyone has played Phantasy Star Online 2 while not open world is very similar to Warframe in mission design except they have mutisquad interactions.. You enter a zone where there is a squad already there but with a different objective. You can imagine run into the another group of players on the same map but instead of a Exterminate Mission they are doing Sabotage 

In PSO2 while your squads are in the same zone players sometimes they will have to complete a bonus objective together with another squad to open a door then move on. In PSO2 these bonus multisquad objective come in the form of a random high level boss or surviving a wave of sudden enemies..

I think it would add another layer to the sense of immersion and social activity into the game.

But with the connectivity issues in Warframe as they are I don't forsee this as something DE should / would pursue.  

Edited by Rapidx

If anyone has played Phantasy Star Online 2 while not open world is very similar to Warframe in mission design except they have mutisquad interactions.. You enter a zone where there is a squad already there but with a different objective. You can imagine run into the another group of players on the same map but instead of a Exterminate Mission they are doing Sabotage 

In PSO2 while your squads are in the same zone players sometimes they will have to complete a bonus objective together with another squad to open a door then move on. In PSO2 these bonus multisquad objective come in the form of a random high level boss or surviving a wave of sudden enemies..

I think it would add another layer to the sense of immersion and social activity into the game.

But with the connectivity issues in Warframe as they are I don't forsee this as something DE should / would pursue.  

If I could cut down on my Item-OCD or if I could access the myshop for free (with some limits), I would return to that in a snap, because those features make that game so fun.

Even though PSO2 RNG level is beyond warframe.

That said, the only gripe I have with pso2 other than that is.......movement.

At least warframe has parkour and SPRINTING :D

Edited by Syzodia

It would be a simple fix if DE could get a dedicated server and host everything themselves. But I love the sound of all that, it really sounds like an awesome way to spice up the game.