Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk's Mechanics Are Off

ALL.CAPS.GUY

i'm starting with the brakk, as i've recently re-forma'd it, and have noticed a little bit of a bug in it's pellet mechanics.

starting with the loadout on my brakk..

Warframe0057.png

next is a first shot into a crowd

Warframe0055.png

then a following shot into the same crowd

Warframe0056.png

a heavy gunner first shot with 0 hits

Warframe0052.png

same heavy gunner with 0 hits again

Warframe0053.png

this shot is simply showing that even at a decent range (while i know it is a shotgun) this number of pellets should clearly hit SOMETHING - i got what, 15 or so hits on that shot?!? no excuse for a face shot that does absolutely nothing on another mob.

Warframe0054.png

the following 3 SS's only show that there aren't enough hits per shot, even though there are a number of mobs within the conical "spread area" of the brakk's shotgun-like fire area / range.

Warframe0049.png

Warframe0050.png

Warframe0051.png

all of these SS's were taken in a T3 def, where i am well aware that my brakk will not 1-hit everything in the last 5, but it's not the damage per shot, it's the actual shots landing at all, that is in question.

there were other shots i had fired, nearly point blank on different mobs, practically face shots (insert money shot if u must) but resulted in not only 0 hots landing, but no numbers, OR damage to the mob. this was when i initially started SS'ing the match. I've seen this result a number of times before and had been awaiting a fix, but it seems either no one else experiences this, doesn't use the brakk enough to notice, or just hasn't noticed they're not doing damage in the heat of battle.

I can't say it's a host issue or not, but i've been seeing this for a little while now and have decided to post here in bugs about this, hoping it gets resolved soon.

also, i've noticed that if i'm not host, the carrier sentinel doesn't always vacuum loot, but i'll bring this up in another thread, as this isn't the place for it. SS's will ofc be included for document there as well.

Edited by ALL.CAPS.GUY

yeah, i actually tried a couple of different "options" to copy to clipboard from photobucket, but the IPB here kept saying "you cannot use that image extension on these forums" or some bs.

Lol that is bs. The image extension works just fine. Glad its working now.

Nerfnerfnerf

Why not make everything else viable rather than make everything over a certain threshold of useable terrible?

To bring things to the Brakk's level wouldn't that flatly double the base damage (in some cases triple) of every weapon in the game?

To bring things to the Brakk's level wouldn't that flatly double the base damage (in some cases triple) of every weapon in the game?

Never said to Brakk level, I'm just saying stop trying to make everything fall down to the level of crap tier equipment, because that's what everyone seems to want. Seriously, I think half the community must be masochists if they truly want weapons on that tier for endgame

Never said to Brakk level, I'm just saying stop trying to make everything fall down to the level of crap tier equipment, because that's what everyone seems to want. Seriously, I think half the community must be masochists if they truly want weapons on that tier for endgame

The Brakk could have a 35-50% damage nerf and STILL be one of the top 3 end game weapons, that is the issue for a lot of people.

The Brakk could have a 35-50% damage nerf and STILL be one of the top 3 end game weapons, that is the issue for a lot of people.

Did I dispute that? Nope. Hek, back when it was first nerfed I was in the crowd yelling they didn't nerf it in any meaningful way. I agree that it needs to be toned down, but my point remains that so many people would see it thrown down the path of the crap tier just to spite powerful tools, and that's not a healthy way to look at balance.

Did I dispute that? Nope. Hek, back when it was first nerfed I was in the crowd yelling they didn't nerf it in any meaningful way. I agree that it needs to be toned down, but my point remains that so many people would see it thrown down the path of the crap tier just to spite powerful tools, and that's not a healthy way to look at balance.

It is also not healthy for balance to have sudden leaps in performance that breaks previous balance points(See: Soma). Many are against the sudden change that makes a large body of previous weapons, near useless in comparison rather than a side-grade (boons in one area greater than other but also accompanied with deeper short comings. High damage per shot, low RoF. High damage per shot, High RoF, Low Accuracy, Slow Reload. Etc.)

It is also not healthy for balance to have sudden leaps in performance that breaks previous balance points(See: Soma). Many are against the sudden change that makes a large body of previous weapons, near useless in comparison rather than a side-grade (boons in one area greater than other but also accompanied with deeper short comings. High damage per shot, low RoF. High damage per shot, High RoF, Low Accuracy, Slow Reload. Etc.)

While I agree, most of what I've seen posted around the forums would have side grade balanced around weapons like the Boltor (not specifically that weapon, but around that tier). That's just masochistic at higher leveled combat. I would love for weapons to actually be balanced with side grades, but the tier system needs to exist too (no Braton should be as good as a rank 7 weapon, what'd be the point of even trying to get new weapons?)

While I agree, most of what I've seen posted around the forums would have side grade balanced around weapons like the Boltor (not specifically that weapon, but around that tier). That's just masochistic at higher leveled combat. I would love for weapons to actually be balanced with side grades, but the tier system needs to exist too (no Braton should be as good as a rank 7 weapon, what'd be the point of even trying to get new weapons?)

The Tier system also needs to be fixed and given some structure. Interestingly the Boltor buff it gained sets it close to that of the Karak which performs rather wonderfully, not a top weapon though it is a good one.. I haven't heard people trying to balance things down to that damage point though o.o;

The Tier system also needs to be fixed and given some structure. Interestingly the Boltor buff it gained sets it close to that of the Karak which performs rather wonderfully, not a top weapon though it is a good one.. I haven't heard people trying to balance things down to that damage point though o.o;

It was a while back, don't recall when precisely. And yeah, I agree the tiers need to be ironed out. No way Ogris, Penta, and Soma should be only rank 6, and why the hell is the embolist rank 8?

It was a while back, don't recall when precisely. And yeah, I agree the tiers need to be ironed out. No way Ogris, Penta, and Soma should be only rank 6, and why the hell is the embolist rank 8?

Soma is properly at Rank 6, the issue is why haven't they updated the current rank 4-8(aka Clan Tech)?

regardless, i just wanted to inform DE that the mechanics at work behind the brakk's firing are a little off, to say the least.

edit for typo

edit 2:

if DE works the game so that "if host connection / ping > 450ms, then weapon =/= fire" then this clearly needs to be fixed, or this coop game will soon become "only 1/10th play online because fire rate = dependency on host connection strength which = gamebreaking"

Edited by ALL.CAPS.GUY