Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"shotgun Spazz" Mod Name Change Request

ChazTargrin

Guys. It's just a rename for a mod, and a wad of issues just simply spur out of nowhere.

Just let the rename happened for once.

I don't even know what's actually going on after some guy asked for one. IMO. :l

Or just say "No" if you don't like the idea.

Edited by Freelancer27

I find trying not offend others is a noble goal trying to whitewash everything would make things boring. 

Trying not to offend a bunch of whining kids is not noble.It's just a waste of time and an imposible task to do.Entertaining this meaningless exercise and giving them a sense of entitlement is actualy a dangerous thought.

It's not a troll thread, they're serious.

On that note , I want DE to change the name of Warframe too because War offends me.

ya ..question is, where do we stop?

And you still wonder why I made the remark about how horrible you've been, don't you?

You've argued with freedom of speech as an excuse, but that doesn't entitle you to constantly belittle someone because you disagree with them. For all we know, OP and many of the other people agreeing (sorry for generalizations :/) could've had some pretty terrible encounters with the word. I agree with the idea that the word only holds as much power as you give it, but sometime people legitimately can't separate a word from the connotation, and you cannot fault them for that.

You've argued with freedom of speech as an excuse, but that doesn't entitle you to constantly belittle someone because you disagree with them. For all we know, OP and many of the other people agreeing (sorry for generalizations :/) could've had some pretty terrible encounters with the word. I agree with the idea that the word only holds as much power as you give it, but sometime people legitimately can't separate a word from the connotation, and you cannot fault them for that.

But they also can't forbid other people from using it either.When it gets there, we have a problem.

Freedom of speach is not limited to what's offensive to other people.Considering there's just no limit to what can be offensive, freedom of speach wouldn't exist anymore.We would all be a society of deafs and mutes.Being offended is just meaningless.

Also, if you think criticism is that ''horrible'' then I have nothing more to say to you other than..Grow up!

And you still wonder why I made the remark about how horrible you've been, don't you?

The guy personaly atacked me and I reacted like.. ''are you angry bro?'' and you still claim I'm the one being worst there.I don't expect you to admit you were wrong and apologise for misunderstanding me earlier but don't come at me with this none sense.You have 0 reasoning or argument to call me out on being horrible.

''It's not a troll tread , they're serious.'' bla bla bla you're so mean bla bla bla what a horrible person !

Get lost..

Like I'm the only one ''beliteling'' people here.

''Time to educate''

..Seriously?

But you don't see me whining about it, do you?Get over yourselves you politically correct, self-righteous hypocrits.

But they also can't forbid other people from using it either.When it gets there, we have a problem.

Freedom of speach is not limited to what's offensive to other people.Considering there's just no limit to what can be offensive, freedom of speach wouldn't exist anymore.We would all be a society of deafs and mutes.Being offended is just meaningless.

Also, if you think criticism is that ''horrible'' then I have nothing more to say to you other than..Grow up!

The guy personaly atacked me and I reacted like.. ''are you angry bro?'' and you still claim I'm the one being worst there.I don't expect you to admit you were wrong and apologise for misunderstanding me earlier but don't come at me with this none sense.You have 0 reasoning or argument to call me out on being horrible.

''It's not a troll tread , they're serious.'' bla bla bla you're so mean bla bla bla what a horrible person !

Get lost..

Like I'm the only one ''beliteling'' people here.

''Time to educate''

..Seriously?

But you don't see me whining about it, do you?Get over yourselves you politically correct, self-righteous hypocrits.

I'm not saying your the worst offender, you are however the only one who kept going on that. If you want to actually maintain a civil, non authoritative discussion, by all means, please do. But don't you dare brush another human being's feelings under the rug without a second thought

How about no?

spastic
ˈspastɪk/
adjective
adjective: spastic
relating to or affected by muscle spasm.

Quite fitting for a mod that increases the "spray n' pray" factor of a firearm. I don't give a rat's behind about slang - are we going to let a perfectly fine word get corrupted just because someone decided it suddenly meant something it really doesn't?

Edited by Brimir

How about no?

Quite fitting for a mod that increases the "spray n' pray" factor of a firearm. I don't give a rat's behind about slang - are we going to let a perfectly fine word get corrupted just because someone decided it suddenly meant something it really doesn't?

It's the hysteria issue all over again, just slickly different context

Edited by Letter13

It's the hysteria issue all over again, just slickly different context

Wouldn't calling it Shotgun Blitz turn it into a odd drug reference using the same logic as why the name should be changed in the first place? While Trigger Maniac have the same issue as Spaz or Hysteria?

Edited by Makya

Wouldn't calling it Shotgun Blitz turn it into a odd drug reference using the same logic as why the name should be changed in the first place? While Trigger Maniac have the same issue as Spaz or Hysteria?

Blitz is simply derived from blitzkrieg, which is an extremely fast attack. Any drug reference would be because people use obscure names for drugs (look at me, not even knowing blitz was a drug name until you brought it up, lol).

Edited cuz I misread

Edited by DeejayPwny

Well, there certainly has been a lot of interesting activity since I went to bed. This might be a long post.

It's not a troll thread, they're serious.
On that note , I want DE to change the name of Warframe too because War offends me.

ya ..question is, where do we stop?

Those are some slippery slope fallacies if ever I did see any. Speaking of fallacies:

Just so you know, ad hominem is a logical fallacy.

Yes, ad hominem is the fallacy of undermining someone's argument because of the personal traits of the person arguing that point. Let's see now...

cry babies

whining kids

politically correct, self-righteous hypocrits.

Hm. Yeah, no, I think I'm done with you.

It's a fallacy to discount someone's argument just because they made a fallacy while arguing a point, but at this point the most you're doing is name-calling and implying that I'm a whiny, politically correct, self-righteous person who's intent on undermining the entire basis of Warframe (And naming it "Frame"? really now) when in reality, I just want DE to take a look at one mod's name because it could be read the wrong way by certain audiences.

I never thought such a simple request could turn out to be so entertaining, really.

The name could be replace by something like "Hair trigger", and that would just mean it has a sensitive trigger that allows it to be fired quickly. Basically ANY name for performance trigger mechanic would fit.

That refers to quickly, not but rapidly.

That refers to quickly, not but rapidly.

That name also implies someone who has a very short temper that can be set off easily (Yosemite Sam is carton personality that fits "Hair-Trigger").

Hair-triggers are also used by people that do gun tricks so the weapon can be fired faster with less effort.

Edited by LazyKnight

I take it OP has a problem with the SPAS-12 then.

That's an acronym for Special Purpose Automatic Shotgun, not a use of the word spazz.

Yeah, I have no problem with the SPAS-12's name, since it's actually an acronym.

Nice try but all you've proven is that you know how to take words out of context.

Sorry buddy but you lost all credibility the momment you claimed to be offended.

You keep telling me I've lost all my credibility. Go on then, indulge me. What made me lose all my credibility? Surely I can claim to be offended and still argue the point in a rational and calm manner. Or is it because I was careful in my word choice? I did not say "That's offensive" because I understood that the word is not inherently offensive to everyone, I said "I'm offended" because it is inherently offensive to me, and potentially offensive to other mentally disabled people living in the UK.

Edited by ChazGansir

I'm here to upvote the cracker post and let be heard that I think the OP is reading too much into it, being overly sensitive and entitled by being offended by it. HOWEVER, it is in his rights to be so.

I hate the sound of the mod (shotgun spazz just sounds bad) but I'd hate even more to see it changed because of special-snowflake-itis. So even if it's changed for something better, the change itself will remain tarnished by this very thread. :C

I'm here to upvote the cracker post and let be heard that I think the OP is reading too much into it, being overly sensitive and entitled by being offended by it. HOWEVER, it is in his rights to be so.

I hate the sound of the mod (shotgun spazz just sounds bad) but I'd hate even more to see it changed because of special-snowflake-itis. So even if it's changed for something better, the change itself will remain tarnished by this very thread. :C

"Special-snowflake-itis". Wow, that's classy. Nowhere did I claim that I was entitled to anything. I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself but in the end all I want is for DE to take a look at it because of the cultural connotations of the word in my country, whether or not they decide to actually make the change is entirely up to them.

I have to say, slam fire and bump fire sound somewhat suggestive.

Metapod used Harden suggestive.

Ahaha, in hindsight yeah, I can see how they'd both sound suggestive. I was somewhat half asleep when I suggested the name change, though I stand by my point that they're actual techniques used to turn semi-auto firearms into makeshift full-auto firearms (Or so I've seen on Youtube, at least).

Edited by ChazGansir

You keep telling me I've lost all my credibility. Go on then, indulge me. What made me lose all my credibility? Surely I can claim to be offended and still argue the point in a rational and calm manner. Or is it because I was careful in my word choice? I did not say "That's offensive" because I understood that the word is not inherently offensive to everyone, I said "I'm offended" because it is inherently offensive to me, and potentially offensive to other mentally disabled people living in the UK.

You cannot start a sentence with you being offended expecting anything else you say to have any meaning.Arguments were made, now we're going in circles.Anyway, I thought you're done with me.

I hardly have anything else to say.