Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclaves Need Some Work

xXRampantXx

The conclaves work pretty badly at the moment.  certain Warframes have huge advantages at the moment.  Ash and Loki can both become invisible, making them very hard to beat in the hands of skilled players.  Trinity's blessing can make her and anyone else it affects invincible, which can last up to almost 30 seconds if modded right.  I have even seen a video of a rhino player winning a match just by stomping once.

there is also the whole idea of "Conclave Rating".  This is probably one of the worst designed parts of the conclave.  A friend and I wanted to fight in the conclave, but couldn't because our ratings were too far apart no matter what either of us equipped.  Not only that, but since then my conclave rating has changed so that I can't access any of the conclaves anymore.

I have a solution that, if implemented could fix both of these problems.  the conclaves should be reworked so that any player with any rating is allowed into any conclave.  there would be three game types for players to choose from when selecting a conclave.  the "Classic" type will be as it is now, players would be matched with players with similar conclave ratings, and would be able to use all the powers they had equipped.  the "Fair" type would be the same as classic, except that all powers would be disabled.  The "Free" or "Unrestricted" game type would be the same as Classic, except that conclave ratings would be ignored, any player, with any rating will be able to fight anyone else with any other rating.  You would matched with other players after your game type was selected, unless you were already in a party, in which case you would automatically be placed in the "Free" game type.

If anyone has anything to say, please do so.

EDIT: If all you have to say is "I don't care" or "DE doesn't care", please don't say it.  I realize that DE has better things to do, and I am glad they are focusing on PvE more so than PvP.  all i'm saying is that if they ever take another look at the conclaves, I have some thoughts on them.  So please stop rubbing my face in  the fact that they aren't going to do this now.

Edited by xXRampantXx

Why don't you start from scratch and unequip everything and place in mods one by one to get into the rating you want. The rating is not based on the player but the frame, weapons, mods and sentinel.

As for your idea about no power match.. why wouldn't everyone run around with loki/nova/rhino as they are the fastest and use any weapon as if modded correctly will one shot any target anyways?

I never do conclaves so take my thought with a grain of salt.

One Idea I seen before that sounds interesting is have conclaves default players warframes/weapons with no mods on them. That way the fights would be more I'll use this term loosely "fair". Also have the warframes have all their powers, but at rank 0. 

I never do conclaves so take my thought with a grain of salt.

One Idea I seen before that sounds interesting is have conclaves default players warframes/weapons with no mods on them. That way the fights would be more I'll use this term loosely "fair". Also have the warframes have all their powers, but at rank 0. 

Powers are the biggest problem.  Even an rank 0 invisibility would give a Loki player a huge advantage.  Other than that, I like your idea.

if we do as you say(rating) we will have people with mk1 braton in ogris fights..

also,DE has said that conclaves are at the bottom of the priority list.

I only think there should be unranked matches for people who don't care, and are willing to take that risk.  The point behind that idea is the fact that my friend and I want to fight each other in one, and can't because of vastly different ratings.