Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber (-%) Bad For Bow

Gamoholik

Would be good if they "fix, add (bow mod maybe) or  remove" (-% Accuracy)
A rank 10 Heavy Caliber Will reduce Accuracy by -55%
  (Is too inaccurate for a Bow)

physically is impossible for arrows to fly like this, one in the top left of the screen one on the bottom of the right screen.(More or less) And lets not forget you shot only once with one arrow, is not like a machine gun.
A primitive bow is more accurate, and we are talking about a advanced,futuristic weapons like "Dread" for example.

This is why i don't use one of my favorite weapon.

Just an idea. thanks.

and make it a mod without a down side? it's the exact reason why they originally changed it from spread to accuracy penalty, so it has a downside for everything.

if you want to keep the high accuracy, then dont use the mod.

all in all, no.

it was originally increased recoil, not spread, reduced accuracy = increased spread.

But even as it is now, some weapons like the ignis and penta are better with the accuracy reduction. ignis gets a bigger cone, and with the penta you can have split chamber to make 2 grenades go flying and hit a larger area.

it was originally increased recoil, not spread, reduced accuracy = increased spread.

But even as it is now, some weapons like the ignis and penta are better with the accuracy reduction. ignis gets a bigger cone, and with the penta you can have split chamber to make 2 grenades go flying and hit a larger area.

ok whatever, i got my point across. also accuracy and spread is 2 different stats and work differently.

True -- it was originally increased recoil, not spread, reduced accuracy = increased spread.

exactly my point...

on a precision weapon like bow is a big downside, for launchers no. and yes i want to use the mod because on high level enemy i must. if i want to play with bow.

My problem with heavy caliber is that they changed it so that it affects weapons with 100% accuracy. But another mod added in the same patch was not also changed. Stabilizer remains weapon recoil. My belief is that since they were added in the same patch, one balancing the other. But changing one but not the other leaves it imbalanced by the extra mod.

Bows are just bad compared to other weapons, of all the primary and secondary weapons in the game bows are 4 out of the 5 lowest dps's in the game.

I hate to say it because i like bows a lot, but as it stands they are just bad.  the game moves to fast for them and to be honest the tenno draw bows like a geriatric.

In the time it takes a tenno to "full draw" historical mere humans could loose 4-5 full draw arrows. Unfortunately this means merely increasing damage won't help them, fire rate needs to be increased combined with making the damage for "snap shots" worth a damn.

Bows are just bad compared to other weapons, of all the primary and secondary weapons in the game bows are 4 out of the 5 lowest dps's in the game.

I hate to say it because i like bows a lot, but as it stands they are just bad.  the game moves to fast for them and to be honest the tenno draw bows like a geriatric.

In the time it takes a tenno to "full draw" historical mere humans could loose 4-5 full draw arrows. Unfortunately this means merely increasing damage won't help them, fire rate needs to be increased combined with making the damage for "snap shots" worth a damn.

As "space ninjas" I totally agree with this. They should be deadly accurate and fast as hell. I also wouldn't mind seeing some multishot action built into certain bows, like instead of a regular charge attack, you load 3 arrows instead of 1 type thing. Realistic for the average human? No. Space Ninja-y? Yes.

Why should the bows get to use the mod without a downside? What makes them so special? And if the answer is "they aren't that good", then they should just get buffed instead.

The problem is not that it is a downside. Almost all the good weapons in the game don't actually get noticeably worse with this mod. Bows which should not be the weapons with the lowest accuracy get nerfed to the point of useless when they are already meh weapons.

Pretty much. Pretty sure I can fire more rapidly than the tenno in real life.  I also don't draw back like someone completely untrained. I think that is what bugs me most about the bows. The animations seem to be made by people who have no idea what archery actually looks like.

Edited by GSGregory

Just remembered that we got a response from Rebecca regarding bows. She said that they were having a look at bows and trying to find a way to make them more viable, since most people just use them for the looks. Dunno about the last part since my 4-forma PAris is my Napalm destroyer.

A possible reason for the draw duration in the game might be that the bows have need a lot of force to them, maybe 100 or so pounds on the draw. That might be why it takes a whole second to yank it back.

A possible reason for the draw duration in the game might be that the bows have need a lot of force to them, maybe 100 or so pounds on the draw. That might be why it takes a whole second to yank it back.

I d say its few tons, since full armored Govneer dude flies away from the impact of arrow.

Consider the following.

Your increasing caliber on a bow

Caliber is the size of a projectile

Your basically using an oversized comedy arrow that doesn't fir the bow.

YOU try using a 10-foot arrow in a regular bow and aiming properly.

Uhh it's caliber, as in girth, not length. So instead of a 1 centimeter arrow, it would be a 2 centimeter arrow. Nothing about that says it needs to be 5x _longer_. Nothing about that says it needs to be 5x either. 2x damage, we can pretend is 2x size.

Edited by PapaKicks