The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Infested 2.0

MECT_HET

Hi, guys, I've spent a bit time thinking about infested how making them less cannon fodder and make them a real treat instead.

And before I'll hear yet more whining about OP'ing infested and "stunlocks everywhere", let me tell you something about stunlocks:

Stunlock are better than you thought if DE will rework them proper:
1. You should be able to block any stunning move if you're fast enough
2. You should be able to fight during stunlock in QTE mode to free yourself
3. There should be a cooldown period for any stunlock during that you're immune to any controlling factor such as knockdowns/stunlocks - remember, what happens if you're meeting a bunch of ancients and wasn't fast enough? Yeah, a tenno football!
4. There should be the proper hitting calculations depending on the target's position. In example, if Ancient hits you to the head while you are knocked down, its tentacle should be flying above you, leaving you unharmed because of missing.

And one more thing: a brand new melee system will come, making your block worthwile, so you'll be able to block most of these attacks suggested below. Or avoid them, in case you're fast enough.
So here's what I'm thinking:

01. Charger

Common and innocent dog. Hey, doggy, wanna play? It won't, because of its slow movement and inability to chase its target.
1. Make them faster than frame usual movement, so the only option to avoid them should be either sprint or jumping.
2. Make their claw attack half based on Slash (because of thr claws) and Viral (because of dirt on these claws) with a 50% proc chance.
3. Give them ability to knock their target down if they cut the distance in fast and jump because this is something every dog could do.
4. Give them ability to jump a bit because this is something every single dog could do.
5. Increase their claw attack distance for a bit.

02. Runner

The most innocent foe in the infested forces. It could run to you and pop for the almost unnoticeable amount of damage. Back to the old days they could stun and even knock you down, but they were nerfed for some cause.
1. Give their stun ability back! Depend on the distance they should be able either stagger a frame on drop them on the ground.
2. Make their pop ability blast based with a high proc chance.
3. Teach them how to crawl and jump on the low obstacles so they could chase a frame wherever he's trying to escape.
4. Increase their running speed. If we're talking about "runners" we should expect some fast creature.

03. Leaper

Leapers are ok at the most of the time, but they are too slow and too obvious.
1. Make their leap preparation at least half shorter so they could make a surprise on kiting frame.
2. Teach them how to crawl and jump on the low obstacles so they could be adle to chase their target.
3. Teach them how making a finishing move such as stomp on the dropped target to avoid their dumb waiting for their target to get up. This'll force player to pay them more attention.
4. Give back their stun ability in melee combat and make them impact based with a high proc chance so frame couldn't be able to melee them down at ease.

04. Crawler

Slow, weak and no threat at all.
1. Give them ability to stick on the walls and on the ceilings so they could prepare an effective ambush against a rushing player.
2. Increase their claw attack damage twice at least to be on par with a charger, and make them half based on the impact and slash with a high proc chance.
3. Thus add to their melee attack very high stagger chance.
4. Either completely remove them from the defence mission where they should chase the player or increase their movement speed.

05. Nauseous Crawler

Same as a regular crawler, they are too weak and too slow.
1. Give them ability to stick on the walls and on the ceilings so they could prepare an effective ambush against a rushing player.
2. Give them ability to throw their fluid for a short distance to stick on the obstacles (floor, walls, crates, etc.) and make this fluid a corrosive based with a 100% proc chance.
3. Decrease a delay before their fluid attack in quick.
4. Either completely remove them from the defence mission where they should chase the player or increase their movement speed.
5. Let them leave a fluid puddle on the place of their death - with the same properties.

06. Toxic Crawler

Third in the crawler's family, could make a real threat in case of some buffs.
1. Give them ability to leave their poison cloud after their death.
2. Make their poison cloud to be a 100% proc chance.
3. Remake their toxic ability to be depends on their actual stance: a tiny green shining cloud in case of the calm stance; a great green shining cloud in case they've spotted an enemy; large poison cloud trail leaving after them in case they're moving; a huge toxic cloud in case they're in the cqc distance.

07. Electric Crawler

Fourth in the crawler's family
1. Increase their movement speed at least twice to make them lightning fast (comparing with the other crawlers)
2. Make their lightning attack to be a sniper-like: slow attacking, but with a huge amount of electrical damage in one hit with a 100% proc chance.
3. Increase their attack distance to be on par with a lobber crawler.
4. Let them create an electric blast with a chain effect on the place of their death.

08. Lobber Crawler

The fifth and the youngest of the crawler family, lobber crawler is already good enough but still could use some buffs:
1. Make their rocket attack a torid-like: puncture damage on direct hit with a tiny proc chance and a green poison cloud after the detonation.
2. Make their rockets stickable on target so player should be paid more attention to avoid a direct hit.
3. Decrease reloading delay before their shots.
4. Let them make a detonation after their death fully equal of 5 unshotted rockets: a huge poison cloud with a high proc chance.

09. Ancient Healer

Good guy. A medic on the battlefield. Decent speed and good knockdown attack.
1. Make both their attack a viral based with a 100% proc chance of power knockdown attack and a 50% on the regular melee attack.
2. Give them regular tentacle attack a 25% chance to restore their own health (just like a vampire).
3. Decrease recharge delay between the healing pulses.
4. Remake healing amount to be a target's health based: first pulse should restore 35% of the total health and every other should restore 25% of the total health.

10. Ancient Disrupter

Love these guys. No one could ever do the same: sneak behind the frontlines and turn the tide via depleting Vauban's energy.
1. Make their powerful attack nullify the target's shield no matter of their amount.
2. Make their regular attack to be magnetic with a 100% proc chance.
3. Add them energy vampire ability where Disrupter could be able to create it's own proto shield and a proto shield for its surrounding comrades depends on the draining energy.
4. Give them ability to emit a blue energy pulse recharging already created proto shields in the 30 meters radius.
5. Let them leave a magnetic blast on the place of their death.

11. Toxic Ancient

These guys was totally pita back to the old days when they were able to leave a poison cloud on the place of their death.
1. Make their powerful attack to be a poison based with a 100% proc chance (every powerful attack of the ancients should keep it's knockdown ability).
2. Remake their toxic ability to be depends on their actual standings: a tiny green shining cloud in case of the calm; a great green shining cloud in case they've spotted an enemy; a large poison cloud trail leaving after them in case of their movement and a huge toxic cloud in case they're in the cqc distance.
3. Let them leave a huge poison cloud on the place of their death.
4. Make their regular attack to be more a Golem-like when they could capture their target and drag them closer in the poisoned area.

tl; dr: a bunch of buff for the infested to make them stronger.

Best regards
MECT_HET.

Edited by MECT_HET

I know you're scared lol. But come on, infested should not be just a pack'o'meat. At least I'm not interesting of playing against them anymore. Because of boring.

No, DE is trying to limit the knockdown and stuns because it's not real difficulty. 

Imo infested are fine they just need better AI and more units like flying ranged units. Ancients could use a few reworks/new powers like Disruptor could charge up a medium ranged lightning bolt at the player, toxic could throw inaccurate poison grenades, healer can only heal up to 5 targets with spore clouds, heal a bit of his health leaching players with his tentacle which they'd have to melee off.

Stuff like that would be more appreciated then what you're currently offering. 

"I want everyone to have quick stuns because hard."

I'm not even remotely interested.

You know what I think would be good difficulty? A runner explosion giving 100% chance to apply corrosion to your frame. A type of infested that shoots toxin spines. Maybe a war cry out of chargers to boost ally damage like a Rhino roar does. Maybe a nice line attack of toxin damage on toxin ancients, or a rolling ball of toxin they throw out. Healers maybe could resurrect dead allies like Nekros' ult.

Those things don't take the controller out of your hands and engage in anti-fun. They encourage good tactical play though. A list of priorities and manageable additional difficulties for screwing up. And I just came up with those out of my butt in like 3 minutes.

he wants chain stun and stagger so you die in the first 30 seconds of the missions. sounds reasonable to me. i absolutely love not being able complete even the most simple tasks. nothing says productive like laying on your back.

So in other words, you want Infested to be the cheapest faction in game, right? High Stun Chance, 100% Viral Procs, everything knocks you down...

Yeah, not actually sounding like a fun, interesting faction to fight here.

Also, you seem to have forgotten that infested like to SWARM. Having Healing Ancients restore 35% of a targets HP initially and a 25% heal every other pulse means 4 Ancients will be literally immortal. Having enemies with 50% proc chance EACH and a high chance to stagger, stun or knockdown will force players to fight at a distance, as getting anywhere near enemies will be lethal (coupled with all the AoE bursts on death you can't even kill them while they're in close range otherwise you're screwed).

This is absolutely TERRIBLE game design. This forces veteran players into very specific loadouts just to stop dying at the first pack and newer players will just avoid fighting them because the whole faction is horribly broken and murders you for getting in anything resembling shotgun range. This won't make the Infested stronger and more interesting, this will make them annoying and irritating.

"Stun! Stagger! Stunlock all the players! Stomp on the stunlocked players while they're down!"

Please, no. This is absolutely godawful.

What madness do you suggest? This will make new players and veterans flee from this game so... NO!

Exactly both of your comments were what I had to say. Infested are a LOT, they just swarm you and I remember running with a huge tail of infested behind my back on derelict survivals, where I knew that if I stopped, I'd get stunlocked and tennisballed to death by ancients. And you want to give that to every other fodder unit? wutwutwut

Here are a few of your ideas that I like:

Crawlers hiding on ceilings.

Chargers being a little faster and able to make small leaps (more akin to Zanuka).

Decrease animation duration on Leapers leap attack.

Elemental procs on certain attacks. (Toxin on toxic ancients, magnetic on disruptors, etc.)

Toxics leaving a small gas cloud after death.

Everything else I cannot subscribe to; especially:

Elemental procs on almost everything.

Increased speed throughout the entire faction.

Stun, stagger and knockdown on almost every unit.

Welcome to Chainstunland where touching a citizen will lead to instant death!

Ideas you might not have considered:

Make chargers armoured as they are infested Grineer.

Give runners shields as they are infested Corpus.

Ancient tentacle attacks wont knock you down but pull you in.

Crawlers will latch on to you (like latchers) and decrease your runspeed and shooting accuracy.

Here are a few of your ideas that I like:

Crawlers hiding on ceilings.

Chargers being a little faster and able to make small leaps (more akin to Zanuka).

Decrease animation duration on Leapers leap attack.

Elemental procs on certain attacks. (Toxin on toxic ancients, magnetic on disruptors, etc.)

Toxics leaving a small gas cloud after death.

Everything else I cannot subscribe to; especially:

Elemental procs on almost everything.

Increased speed throughout the entire faction.

Stun, stagger and knockdown on almost every unit.

Welcome to Chainstunland where touching a citizen will lead to instant death!

Ideas you might not have considered:

Make chargers armoured as they are infested Grineer.

Give runners shields as they are infested Corpus.

Ancient tentacle attacks wont knock you down but pull you in.

Crawlers will latch on to you (like latchers) and decrease your runspeed and shooting accuracy.

alien_poster_small.jpg