Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drakgoon Got Fixed - Miter Was Forgotten?

Archistopheles

Sniper rile should probably be renamed "Special" ammo or something like that and the Penta and Ogris should use it as well.  The Miter also needs a slight buff, so I'd suggest increasing the fire rate and charge rate so you can use it more like the eviscerators without a maxed speed trigger and shred.

Penta and Ogris aren't nearly good enough to warrant sniper ammo.

Nova isn't nearly good enough to warrant energy use. So obviously we should just make her entirely independent of energy.

Seriously now though, the Miter should be buffed up to the Drak's level. Decrease its charge time from 2 nosebleedingly slow seconds down to Drak's 0.8. I think the Miter already benefits from increase gains from Sniper ammo (recieves 20 sawblades as opposed to 10), so it's actually decently ammo efficient if you aren't mashing the fire key (which is what most people do because the charge time is so frigging long). Also, for both the Drakgoon and the Miter, please remove the damage nerf to uncharged shots. The point of firing uncharged shots is to rapidly expend ammo (and in the case of the Drak, sacrifice accuracy) in order to achieve increased damage.

The Drak has the benefit of faster-traveling projectiles (and more of them), while the Miter has the benefit of a good status chance, as well as additional ricochet.. They both have charged-shot punchthrough, and I believe their charged shots travel faster than uncharged shots.

Also, DE... Would it hurt to add a Ricochet mod for Primary Weapons? I mean for *all* primary weapons. It's a relatively harmless mechanic that's just cool to look at and adds awesomeness to certain weapons. It's just that the Drakgoon's single bounce and the Miter's 3 bounces don't do them justice and it doesn't really make you feel like you're turning the room into a bladestorm.

Edited by MushrooMars

Disclaimer: I sold my Mitter. 

A system that would benefit Mitter would be a variable ammo usage dependent whether or not it was charged before firing. If Mitter used 1 round for a standard shot and 5 rounds for a charged, it would then allow it to have 540 rifle rounds, so people can use it how they please. This would allow the Mitter to be either a rapid blade deliver system or a powerful bouncing buzz-saw without crippling either mode.  

DE Could also balance the amount of damage for the corresponding shot type based on the ammo used, this wouldn't be hard to balance either.

Edited by LazyKnight

Penta And Miter are the only weapons that can kill the guy using it.

Miter doesn't hurt the user.

You can't use them for long range thanks to their being projectiles and short range because them being explosives.

Define long range. The -Ogris- has perfect accuracy and can be used over long range just about like any bow can be. The penta can be used within ten meters of the user as it has a small blast area unless you mod it to be larger and you personally trigger it so you can wait until you are out of the blast radius but what ever was close to you was not so lucky.

I meant penta.

Godamnit I'm half asleep.

However, using the Ogris in short range is impossible when in a heard of infested, simliar with the penta, but with the miter or drakgoon your ok at all ranges.

The same could be said with any gun that is not explosives based, and also not AoE based. If you wish to compare damages, the Penta and the Ogris, even if they were turned single target, each round does on average significantly more than a base critical of a vectis once both are fully modded, 14k for the vectic, 20k for the Ogris. Also for the Ogris, unless you messed up, nothing will get close as the Ogris is weapon specialized for anti horde.. which is defense/survival missions.

Comparing that to the Drakgoon and the Miter, they are usable at close range but are best at mid range and begin to suffer at long range. Their damage is similar to two shotgun shots in exchange for a much lower RoF(See Charge vs Uncharged). This trade off of RoF for Damage per hit is shared within Rifles actually, look at Semi Auto vs Full Auto, Latron vs Braton. The only difference is the Drakgoon/Miter have an alternate fire option which makes them unique but still only firmly in Shotgun levels of power(Greater than the Hek, less than the Sobek), and while both have range.. they both perform poorly at it(Bullet drop and slower travel time).

No, I mean in close ranges, in a herd, which is what happens when you're in a coridor, or anything that isn't a large defense room.

In those, ogris is frost, but otherwise, you have to constantly watch your range, too close and it's serious damage, that's enough of a drawback to warrant it's advantages methinks.

No, I mean in close ranges, in a herd, which is what happens when you're in a coridor, or anything that isn't a large defense room.

In those, ogris is frost, but otherwise, you have to constantly watch your range, too close and it's serious damage, that's enough of a drawback to warrant it's advantages methinks.

Yet at the same time, it has -nothing- to do with the ammunition, that has to do with balance. From the rate of fire compared to the damage per shot you can do, it is firmly Sniper area. While the Drakgoon and the Miter are into the area of Shotguns, not snipers.

Miter is more of a rifle all things considered. Rapid-firing you can drain its sniper ammo pool in a minute or two.

But ammo isn't exactly balanced in this game. Rapid-firing the Penta, you would take 9 minutes to drain the ammo pool, assuming you didn't pick up  a single ammo box (one of which restores 20 frigging grenades, which you can easily use to kill 100 enemies, each of which has a good chance to drop Rifle ammo boxes).

Disclaimer: I sold my Mitter. 

A system that would benefit Mitter would be a variable ammo usage dependent whether or not it was charged before firing. If Mitter used 1 round for a standard shot and 5 rounds for a charged, it would then allow it to have 540 rifle rounds, so people can use it how they please. This would allow the Mitter to be either a rapid blade deliver system or a powerful bouncing buzz-saw without crippling either mode.  

DE Could also balance the amount of damage for the corresponding shot type based on the ammo used, this wouldn't be hard to balance either.

So basically like Stug? Yeah. I agree. Would be a great change

Drakgoon originally had the rifle ammo pool, but used the Shotgun Mutation Mod.

DE "Fixed" the Drakgoon so that it now has the shotgun ammo pool, and uses the Shotgun Mutation Mod.

===================================

Miter currently has the sniper ammo pool, but uses the Rifle Mutation Mod.

DE has yet to "fix" the Miter so that it uses the rifle ammo pool.

I humbly ask for confirmation from DE on their plans for Miter.

And did you notice that there are *gasp* no sniper mods aside from Primed and Charged chamber?

This is the reason why the forum hates "nerfers". Posts like these put us to shame.

I'd tend to agree.

This thread is simply about ammo regularity.

I'm completely find with the Miter having sniper ammo... but give me the Sniper ammo muation option, then. If not, please give me the rifle ammo pool.

Miter currently has the sniper ammo pool, but uses the Rifle Mutation Mod.

I built the Miter ~5 months ago when it came out. It had this problem then, and has yet to be fixed.

wth, DE?

Also, just wanted to point out that the Miter uses rifle mods in general (can't equip Charged Chamber or any other sniper-exclusive mod)

Edited by Ace4225

• 1 month later...