Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] - Woad, The Celtic Warframe

Magnanimous_Max

Okay this is an idea I have. It's a Waframe. A blue, muscular, bearded Warframe.

WOAD

ATTRIBUTES

Woad's attributes revolve more around him being a heartier Tenno than a shielded one. Fast, healthy, and armored. You know, like a real warrior. I guess. He's more attack-oriented than worrying about his own safety, however.

I named him Woad because that's apparently the stuff Celtics used to make blue war paint. At least I think that's what it is.

Health - 150, progresses to 300

Power - 100, progresses to 150

Armor - 75

Shield Capacity - 50, progresses to 175

Speed Speed - 1.2

Polarities - 4x 17px-Ability.png (Ability), 1x 18px-V.png (Attack), 1x 17px-D.png (Defense)

Aura Polarity18px-V.png (Attack)

ABILITIES

War Cry - Woad roars in a cone-shaped frontal radius, disrupting enemy shields and staggering them briefly. I'd see this being more effective against Corpus than most others but still having its uses against mobs. Costs fifteen energy.

Strike - Woad lashes out with his melee weapon(s) in a wide frontal arc. It has a bit of a forward charge to it, but not as far as Excalibur's Slash Dash. This is more of a lead-a-bunch-of-guys-into-a-hallway-and-then-have-a-cut-at-them kind of move. Costs twenty-five energy.

Call to Arms - Woad beats the war drum on his chest and invigorates his allies, boosting everyone's overall damage output and attack speed. I really like the idea of slashing things crazy fast so that's why I put it here. I also wanted to give him some kind of supporting ability. Costs seventy-five energy.

Limb Splitter - Woad charges up his melee weapon and then unleashes all his strength into a three-sixty degree arc, devastating any enemies standing near him. Think of the charged-spinning-whatever attack from the Legend of Zelda games and you've got a pretty good idea what this does. Costs a hundred energy.

So, yeah, that's all I've got at the moment. I'm currently in the process of sketching him some (I'm not going to be modest or overconfident, I know how to draw to a fair extent), so when I have those ready I'll put them here.

Anyway, I'm open to feedback, approval, or just being downright shot out of the sky. I'd just like people to give this a read.

OK um i think the whole idea of Warrior especially soldier warframes are silly and boring, meaningless.They are a dime a dozen. Stop making them!

Sorry, we already have a Vauban with his 4 grenades and that's all we need, we don't need another "powerless" warframe, it will be a batman copycat. One of the reasons i don't tolerate Batman is because of his boring concept.. Don't put a meaningless concept inside a warframe ok? Valkyr, Banshee and more warframes need a rework instead of another warframe sitting at the bottom of the barrel with them. Do a superpower, make the names compelling, make the abilities different and for good measure, keep the energy cost normal, in multiples of 25 pls :) you will do well if you something different

Stats are generally fine, but I don't think they would carry through well into gameplay. 

First ability seems like a generic fantasy battle cry, with no logical way for it to actually do what it does.

Second ability just sounds a little boring, just another basic damage skill. Not a lot can be said.

Third is just Rhino's Roar with attack speed thrown in as well.

Fourth is a short ranged version of a standard damage ultimate, not much to say about this one either.