The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rant-Sensei Thread

Kamal965

Hi,

I'm Kamal and I'll be your rant-sensei for today. I'm making this thread to allow anyone who has a rant/scathing comment about Warframe - or anything else - to get it off their chests while having someone there to listen who won't talk down to you nor troll your thread/you.

Any rants that I can understand are accepted, but no guarantees that I'll be sympathetic to the cause -- I'm just a listener.

Ember prime parts

ewoifhdjlfhskjdfhjdskhjfjkdlsfjkdshfjkdshljknjnskdjshfjsdklhfjhkjdshjfjskljfaldhjfkshdjksnfjdhfjdhsklfhdjkhfdkjslhfdshfkjsk

rant over

Ikr... I haven't even bothered to begin gathering her, knowing that I'll just burn myself out further.

1557433_3990722342175_1239220725_n.jpg

Would it console you to know that's probably more barrels alone than the total amount of void missions I've done since it was released to now? Not a big fan of it. :p

Dammit harvester why wont you face me! 

That and my bloody headset broke so now I can barley talk to anyone. 

It's a robot. It must have a scanner! That means it knows that it'll get its &#! handed to it!

Also, use a text-to-speech for the lulz.

Frost Prime Systems (and Void RNG in general)

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!1!!!11!!1!

wat. SYSTEMS?

If we could trade, I'd give it to you in a heartbeat.

wat. SYSTEMS?

If we could trade, I'd give it to you in a heartbeat.

Lol, yeah, RNG hates me and gives me helmets every other run or something along with EVERYTHING except systems (I've been farming essentially ever since the void came out).  If only we could trade parts :S

I've quit Warframe because I am confident that it will never leave Beta.

What I mean by that is there will never be a driving story behind Warframe. What we're seeing now is what we're going to get. DE has created a shoot and loot game that they are desperate to give the illusion of depth to by continually adding "Tenno reinforcements" or new weapons to craft / research. This is all completely artifical depth. DE then goes as far as to insult the player base by complimenting artifical gameplay depth with artifical challenge.

What does artifical depth mean? No matter what weapon you use Warframe plays the exact same. There is no purpose behind building weapons. You do not need one type of weapon for one encounter, one for another an so on. There is no strategic value behind tailoring different load-outs to different scenarios. Even Lephantis, Warframe's gold star of "end game" is so surpisingly shallow in mechanics that it can be easily soloed by anybody with a brain. No matter what you do in Moarfarm you are grinding to grind so you can grind the grindy grind of grinding to grind some more grinding. Artificial depth also extends to the complete lack of story. There is literally no feeling of STORY progression from Mercury to Pluto. There is no continuity or reason for any mission. A capture mission on venus plays the exact same as a capture mission on jupiter. You rescue the same faceless "tenno sympathizer" every time. How did he get captured? Where did he get captured? WHAT ARE THE TENNO DOING? None of this will ever be a part of the game because micro transactions allow customers to hemorrhage money without feeling remorse over their spending. You could naturally point out that the vast majority of Diablo 3 or Borderlands 2 (The Click/shoot n loot juggernauts) players do the exact same missions / runs / acts over and over again for "legendaries" but the difference between those games and Warframe is in "Champion" monsters and the quality of enemy AI along with the presence of a story campaign. The story campaign gives players a complete game experience while they level up. Once a player beats that campaign they can either shelve D2 or Bl2 OR they can go down the rabbit hole and try the "hard modes". From Mission 1 Warframe is just a shallow grind and it never changes. You just killed ambulas! Wooo! Wait...why? Next we'll look at champion packs.  "Champion" enemies are randomly generated with a slew of game changing powers. This adds replayability because the fun of the  game post campaign lies in figuring out how to get past those challenges. What builds to use, what builds to try. Warframe does not offer that variety to change up the grind.

What is artifical challenge? The only "difficulty" in Warframe is the numeric level of an enemy. Higher level enemies deal "more" damage. That is it. Grineer Lancers follow the EXACT SAME AI PROTOCOLS as Grineer Heavy Gunner. The only difference is the damage they deal and the accuracy stat of their equipped weapon.  DE is so incapable of creating actual end game content that the ONLY answer they have to preventing players from killing bosses in under 10 seconds is damage "gating" such as Jackal or Lek Kril.

Warframe is never going to leave Beta. Damage 2.0 didn't change a single thing about the game. It will always be a game with a beautiful skeleton but no meat.

Edited by FrothingLoins

>Europa invasion

>Queue as [Online] so I can speedrun with people

>People that are behind me are the fastest frames when extracting

wat

>People not shooting at all

>F****ts let me, a speed runner, kills everything while they prance around the ice like a fairy

>Rank 4's, 6's and even above AFKs da hol tiem

>Friendship Door cannot be opened for more than a minute because AFK player
wat

>another Rhino with Soma, doesn't shoot unless I stop shooting and observe him

>Random player runs to a room, sees me go to the other side

>Follows even if there are still enemies from where he was

wat

>5 or less enemies left, all three went to Extraction

>Spawning RNG suddenly wanted to troll

>last 5 enemies are three rooms away

>Lotus spams "It's hard to make a choice" message

What the hell, people? You people are suppose to clear that room you came in until the red color on radar is gone.

>Europa invasion

>Queue as [Online] so I can speedrun with people

>People that are behind me are the fastest frames when extracting

wat

>People not shooting at all

>F****ts let me, a speed runner, kills everything while they prance around the ice like a fairy

>Rank 4's, 6's and even above AFKs da hol tiem

>Friendship Door cannot be opened for more than a minute because AFK player

wat

>another Rhino with Soma, doesn't shoot unless I stop shooting and observe him

>Random player runs to a room, sees me go to the other side

>Follows even if there are still enemies from where he was

wat

>5 or less enemies left, all three went to Extraction

>Spawning RNG suddenly wanted to troll

>last 5 enemies are three rooms away

>Lotus spams "It's hard to make a choice" message

What the hell, people? You people are suppose to clear that room you came in until the red color on radar is gone.

Ah, the pains of being a Tenno mercenary... *sigh*

The funny thing is, this occurs frequently with me (reason why I play solo a lot).

I'm sad at the moment because Warframe is getting boring for me. It's just kind of the same ol' same ol' over and over again. It's fun to help my friends and play with them but otherwise it's all just getting tedious. I wish there was a story with the game. I still like the game a lot, maybe I just need to take a break from it...