Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mod Cards

Marabitos

I had a thought when shuffling things around to go from infested to corpus missions... Remember the mods that had more than one attribute to them? Like crit damage and reload speed. Maybe we could warp the card system a bit so that when you combine 2 different card, it combines the 2 skills onto one card. Of course combine the energy cost on the frame for use. But I like to run multiple elemental damages.. and it would be badass to not have to change them out every mission. Also mag capacity and max ammo things like that. Make it so they have to be smiliar in effect. Like elementals can be added together, crit chance and crit damage can be added together, max ammo and clip size or reload speed. Does any of this make sense to anyone else or is it really 3am and I have had insomnia for 4 days?

I think that is the point of changing into the card system in the first place.

Let DE fix the current issues first and perhaps these fun stuff will come later.

We are almost always stuck waiting for DE to fix something silly or broken or unfun.

People are going to get sick of waiting.

What game isn't?

Don't make me pull the ultimate BETA card.

You mean the Beta excuse, right? 'It is okay for the game to fail to be fun its a beta'

I kid, I kid - well sorta.

You ever play Firefall? Some of the Older Beta players like myself are getting pretty burnt out on it. That game is in Beta too - has been a good while.

That game is seriously imperfect. But it is in Beta, so it kinda makes sense. Game was always fun though. People just ran out of content and burnt out.

It is a good game underneath the bugs and incomplete features.

That kinda mirrors Warframe - except for one bit.

The new update has left players in a situation where Warframe is no longer fun to play.That isn't a small problem, it is a huge one. The worst one. I means that Warframe is failing to do what a Videogame is supposed to do.

Still, the game is in Beta. DE can fix things. Salvage a poor turn. It isn't hard.

Warframe is having one of the rockiest Beta situations of a great many I've played. Doesn't make it an awful game, but if it does succeed it'll be a start of a game rising from really bizzarre beginnings.

People will eventually get tired of waiting around though. I don't think Warframe deserves that.

Edited by Blatantfool

You ever play Firefall? Some of the Older Beta players like myself are getting pretty burnt out on it. That game is in Beta too - has been a good while.

That game is seriously imperfect. But it is in Beta, so it kinda makes sense. Game was always fun though. People just ran out of content and burnt out.

---------------

That kinda mirrors Warframe - except for one bit.

The new update has left players in a situation where Warframe is no longer fun to play.That isn't a small problem, it is a huge one. The worst one. I means that Warframe is failing to do what a Videogame is supposed to do.

ew, firefall took me all of a week to decide i didn't like it... and -yet-... it perfectly hits on almost all the points i really want in an mmo -- scifi, mecha, anime-styled, intersting premise...

but they just dump you into the world with almost no intro... ( "here get in this plane." "this is called a parachute. good luck!" *kicks you out the door at 20,000 feet* ) ...and everything you do feels... weak. armor that seems to have all the effect of tinfoil... miniguns that can only chip away at a bug thats half the size of the gun itself.. rifles that down a clip at the same speed it downs a single enemy.. etc etc.

(but anyway, that's just my personal opinion...)

as for Warframe itself.. i keep hearing people complain that it isn't fun to play..

but where does that come from?

sure you can't farm solo on the hardest planets with impunity anymore... but aside from the common enemies you face in a system, the gameplay really didn't change much. grineer fight differently than corpus fight differently than infested... but low level grineer and high level grineer fight pretty much the same, aside from the amount of damage you need to pump into them.

you called this a rocky beta... but to me, it looks like an excellent one. constant progression (with the usual occasional hiccups). finding, and fixing, those hiccups is the whole point of a real beta.

as to what i'd call a rocky beta.. take a look again at Firefall. the gameplay has no real motivation save what you hope to loot.. and if you play solo not even that -- you can't really hope to loot anything, since the endless swarms of enemies with cut you down over and over. the world is small, and aside from random repetitive events, mostly empty -- cities outside the starting hub feel dead, save one or two rooms with a cluster of npc's crammed in them, if you're lucky enough to have that. the real-money currency in that game is basically used for "pay2nothing"; all the cash items i saw were mainly customizations and appearance. which is fine in and of itself.. but when i pay real money for something, and then you tell me it's single-use only? nuh uh, i can go buy pop, or chips, or.. actually i could go out for -dinner- for what some of those one-shot items cost.

in-game issues aside, it's been "in development" for several years (so i hear, anyway).. and yet much of what's featured in the trailers and promos still doesn't exist in game. the wiki, and even the FAQ in the firefall forums suggest going live (or at least open beta) around sept 2012... and yet nearly 6 months since sep'12 has passed, it's still officially "buy-in or wait"

maybe i am missing something.. sure that's possible.. but when a game that's had years of development practically hits all my target points on the head, and still feels like work to play it.. well, "rocky start" doesn't even cover it anymore.

wow, lookit me ramble completely away from the topic. i think it's time i sleep.. nearly 7am the heck am i still on these forums for wasn't i going to bed 3h ago damn you internet you did it again...