Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Modules] Trigger/ammo Type Mods

AlchemistMute

These are really major modifications that can change the way a gun fires or what kind of ammo a gun fires. You could convert an automatic rifle into a burst rifle with these mods. A burst rifle that fires hitscan bolts. Of course, mods like these change the way the gun works drastically, so, expect them to be expensive.

--- Trigger Mods

Burstfire Trigger - Tactical (-), Corrupted

"Changes mode of fire to burst and 20% more burst."

4 -> 11 Cost, 6 Ranks

Burstfire Trigger is a mod for automatic and semi-auto rifles that changes their fire type to burst fire. Increasing the rank positively affects the gun by adding more bullets per burst, but negatively affects it by making the burst longer. By default, you have 2 (40%) bullets in a burst, and at rank 11 (100%) you have 5 bullets in a burst.

It's only for automatic or semi-automatic rifles.

Hellfire Trigger - Tactical (-), Corrupted

"Changes mode of fire to automatic and adds 60% recoil."

4 -> 11 Cost, 6 Ranks

Hellfire Trigger is a mod for semi-auto and burst rifles that changes their fire type to automatic fire, but also adds heavy recoil to a weapon. Increasing the rank reduces the recoil. At rank 4, you have automatic fire and 70% more recoil. At rank 11, you have auto-fire and 20% more recoil.

It's only for semi-auto or burst rifles.

Charged Trigger - Attack (V), Corrupted

"Allows shots to be charged up for a bullet speed/damage increase."

4 -> 11 Cost, 6 Ranks

Charged Trigger is a mod for auto, semi-auto, and burst rifles that changes their fire type to charged fire. The gun can still fire rapidly as a slowish semi-auto, but charging up the shot will increase damage and bullet speed. Increasing the rank increases damage and bullet speed on charged shots, but also makes charged shots longer. At rank 0, you have a 1/2-sec. charge that increases bullet speed and damage by 20%. At rank 6, the charge is 3 seconds but increases bullet speed/damage by 120%.

It's only for rifles that aren't already charge-up rifles.

--- About Fire Mode Combos

Putting multiple triggers on a weapon does work. If you have both Hellfire Trigger and Burstfire Trigger, the gun will automatically fire bursts. Due to the slowness of the bursts, the recoil increase from Hellfire Trigger will be decreased while Burstfire Trigger is on.

Hellfire Trigger and Charged Trigger together will automatically charge and fire fully-charged shots.

Burstfire Trigger and Charged Trigger together will fire charged shots in bursts. Due to the increase in bullet number, the boost in damage from Charged Trigger is halved.

--- Ammo Type Mods

Lighter Shots - Tactical (-), Corrupted

"Makes bullets faster, but weaker."

4 -> 9 Cost, 5 Ranks

Lighter Shots makes the gun's projectiles move faster, even capable of reaching hitscan, but also decreases damage slightly. At rank 0, bullets move 20% faster but deal 5% less damage. At rank 5, bullets move 100% faster but deal 25% less damage.

Heavy Bolts - Tactical (-), Corrupted

"Makes bullets push back enemies, but decreases flight speed."

4 -> 9 Cost, 5 Ranks

Heavy Bolts makes the gun's projectiles heavy enough to push enemies back slightly, but also decreases flight speed, bringing it below hitscan. At rank 0, bullets push enemies back 0.3 meters, but also move 10% more slowly. At rank 5, bullets push enemies back 1.5 meters, but also move 50% more slowly.

The speed reduction does not affect guns that are already projectile guns.

Melting Bullet - Attack (V), Corrupted

"Covers bullets in an extremely thick corrosive acid, but also corrodes the bullet."

4 -> 9 Cost, 5 Ranks

Melting Bullet makes the gun's projectiles capable of melting appendages or armor on enemies, either exposing their flesh, causing them to drop their weapon, or causing them to move more slowly. However, it also adds a range cap to the bullet.

Shooting an arm will cause the enemy to drop it's weapon (if it's a 2-handed weapon), while shooting a leg will cause the enemy to drop to the ground and attempt to crawl with their arms. Shooting armor will place an exposed point wherever the bullet lands, removing armor-damage reduction if shots are fired at that spot.

At rank 0, the bullet will melt off 20% of an enemy's armor and melt itself after moving 5 meters. At rank 5, the bullet will melt off 100% of an enemy's armor and melt itself after moving 25 meters.

Hollow Point - Attack (V), Normal

"Changes bullets into hollow-point bullets, giving them increased damage towards Flesh."
4 -> 9 Cost, 5 Ranks.

Hollow Point changes bullets into hollow-point bullets. This gives the weapon as a whole a damage increase towards Cloned Flesh and Infested Flesh. At rank 0, the increase is 10%, and at rank 5, the increase is 50%.

FMJ Rounds - Attack (V), Normal

"Changes bullets into jacketed bullets, moving most of a gun's damage to Puncture."

4 -> 9 Cost, 5 Ranks.

JSP Rounds changes bullets into jacketed bullets. This gives a small boost to Puncture damage and also moves most of a gun's damage types from Slash and Impact to Puncture. As an example, a gun with 10 Puncture, 15 Slash and 5 Impact equipped with this mod could have 25 Puncture, 2.5 Slash and 2.5 Impact. Increasing rank increases the boost and amount of damage changed to Puncture.

At rank 0, the puncture boost is 5% and the damage swap is 20%. At rank 5, the puncture boost is 25% and the damage swap is 100%. (All damage is Puncture.)

---

What are your thoughts on these mods? Leave your compliments, criticisms and frustrations below.

Edited by AlchemistMute

What is the point of weapons with different trigger types if you can change them freely? Why should I buy Hind, if my Supra can shoot in bursts? Why should I buy Braton if my Burston can shoot in bursts? Full-auto Vulkar? Full-auto Latron Prime? Why use Lanka if I can charge my Vectis?

Oh no no... That was suggested multiple times, and community was always like "NOPE".

However ammo mods? Increasing projectile speed, increasing range, et cetera - this is also a topic of constant discussion, and everybody agrees - that would be great. Especially dropoff reducktion for shotguns and projectile speed for weapons like Supra, Boltor, Lanka, etc.

Edited by Angius

What is the point of weapons with different trigger types if you can change them freely? Why should I buy Hind, if my Supra can shoot in bursts? Why should I buy Braton if my Burston can shoot in bursts? Full-auto Vulkar? Full-auto Latron Prime? Why use Lanka if I can charge my Vectis?

For damage types, magazine sizes, reload speeds, and better quality. Yeah, your Braton can fire in bursts, but a Burston will fire it's bursts much faster. A Vulkar can shoot fully-auto, but it's slow and hard to control, while a Braton can fire fully-auto with accuracy and speed. The Vectis can be charged, but its damage is Puncture while the Lanka is Electric. Also, the Vectis with this mod would take a longer time to charge.

Putting trigger type mods on come with high costs and bad quality as opposed to a gun with these fire types naturally. Guns with these fire types are adjusted to said fire modes, but using modifications will not adjust the gun to these fire modes. But, if you so please that your gun fires fully-auto, and you're willing to get used to the recoil, go ahead.

Edited by AlchemistMute

These would make great additions to the game and would through a new feel of how weapons could be used.

Hellfire Trigger - Tactical (-), Corrupted

"Changes mode of fire to automatic and adds 60% recoil."

4 -> 11 Cost, 6 Ranks

Hellfire Trigger is a mod for semi-auto and burst rifles that changes their fire type to automatic fire, but also adds heavy recoil to a weapon. Increasing the rank reduces the recoil. At rank 4, you have automatic fire and 60% more recoil. At rank 11, you have auto-fire and 10% more recoil.

It's only for semi-auto or burst rifles.

This is the only one that I think would need changing, I would say instead of 10% it stops at 20%. This would make it somewhat balanced (IMO) because players would also need to use stabilizer mods. Other than that I would for sure love to see all of these put into the game.