Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kunai, Akbolto, And The Aklex

DuWryght

So I recently decided to level up other secondaries. I have the Dual Vastos and the Kunai. I haven't needed anything else. I was going to forma the dual broncos, but the bronco prime is better... so I sold my broncos (and blunt dmg isn't pretty meh...)

I also go for specific weapon dmg types for specific jobs with my Vastos as my leading all arounder. I LOVE my Kunai. They are so good at killing linear groups. I dislike the clip size, but it's a moot point given the speedy reload. But... I just made and maxed the Lex. That thing hits like a truck... and the Aklex is just better... and the Bolto... soon to be made Akbolto seems better than my Kunai....

What are peoples takes on the 3 piercer secondaries? I'm not considering the Hidou since I just don't like it. I love the speed of the Kunai, but it takes some getting used to to aim and taken down enemies while the Lex tends to kill with 1ish bullets while shooting slow making me aim better. I haven't used a bolto yet, but I'm about it.

The trouble with the pistols is that they lean towards burst damage all through the mid game, but when you get to higher levels they become very binary. If you're still one shotting stuff they're all awesome. If you're not, then they're suddenly totally inferior to better DPS pistols.

My choice of your selection would be the Aklex to just go all in for the burst damage. It's so accurate and hitscan that you can get headshots with it out to crazy ranges, and Puncture is a good damage type for Grineer which are the easiest to headshot. I would stack it corrosive for shooting easier enemies, and use a DPS primary for killing Alloy targets with Radiation.

Hornet Strike / Split Chamber / Lethal Torrent / Bane of Grineer

Pistol Pestilence / Pathogen Rounds / Convulsion / Stunning Speed

You can kill shield Grineer by giving them a haircut, sending the bullet right over the top of the shield. As long as you don't end up downhill from them you're good to go with a weapon this accurate.

If you don't like being accurate all the time, the AKbolto scales better into high end with good fire rate and damage per second, assuming you can hit the target with the slow projectiles. So you can use them accurately early on, and then move towards dumping magazines into them later.

Frankly I just get tired of them real quick, so I've never bothered to upgrade them significantly.

Edited by VKhaun

Kunai is good cause AUTO and of course need less forma

From the others I lean towards Dual Vastos. AkBoltos are great, but you can never achieve max firerate on them, so Vastos with a bit more dmg per shot and less fire rate are better, and they are hitscan. Need 3-4 formas though.