The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Flying Across Rooms, Etc

Panelope

OP asked why this happened, did not say it was bad or should be removed.

I am not making it a poll nor a vote but rather wanting to read someones views on a subject. I do not want people to do something because the majority wants it.

I have not attacked any poster but questioned points, only asking the subject be open for discussion. 

Anecdotal is the reason people wish to keep is as well, I enjoy it, it hurts no one. Hence it is removed from one side, it should be removed from both I would contest.

Again, not opposed it its existence, only asking for a clear stance due to confusion is causes as shown in the original post.

A discussion can only happen when theres two sides, and since one side is currently unoccupied you should stop making it seem like it's occupied by claiming you're trying to keep the subject "open for discussion".

If nobody is bothering to complain about its existence right now, why are you who is claiming neutrality doing your best to keep the thread active and in an undecided state.

I replied to someone saying it should be removed, yet there is no real reason for it be removed. And as it's entirely subjective as in there are no facts other than going fast completes missions faster I can't find proof and I don't even need to because the person saying it should be removed should give reasons and then back those reasons up with more than "it's an exploit!" or "I want to explore!"

You are correct, I did misread the context of your post, I apologize and retract the statement. I want to to be dealt with and blundered in my haste.

EDIT: Would like to point out an appeal to emotion still remains a non-valid counter arugement however.

That said, I am not advocating its removal, but it's innate obscurity to new players as it stands. While i am conceptual against melee moving faster than innate frame movement, if it is to stay, I feel it should be more easily understood and utilized by new players.

This is ultimately why I think the issue should be addressed. I am not trying to put an end to it, per say, but rather the confusion it can cause in its current state.

I can live with it. You are right, people do enjoy it, but some people do dislike it.

I am just advocating a resolution to the issue presented in the initial post shown can happen with its current existence.

Edited by Mercathin

I think it is kinda stupid DE isn't fixing this. Hurts the game's image. 

umm what ??

it HELPS the game's image dude, parkour and huge leaps is the key to WF, are you sure were playing the same game here, wth is wrong with people on the forums these days...

''hes going faster than me = must remove zoren copter''

''hes killing more stuff than me = nerf that weapon''

''infested don't fit the lore (like anyone cares)= remove infested''

this is not COD it is WF where we are agile NINJAS not cripled old men.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

umm what ??

it HELPS the game's image dude, parkour and huge leaps is the key to WF, are you sure were playing the same game here, wth is wrong with people on the forums these days...

''hes going faster than me = must remove zoren copter''

''hes killing more stuff than me = nerf that weapon''

''infested don't fit the lore (like anyone cares)= remove infested''

this is not COD it is WF where we are agile NINJAS not cripled old men.

CrippledOldManframe when?

Let's look at it this way, who is it hurting if I go fast?

Uhm, everybody who you're leaving behind. When I was a newbie, all of the "pro" players would always fly out of the map and leave me to die, then complain about how slow I am after using my second revive in a Capture mission.

It's more a problem with the lack of punishment for leaving your teammates than it is with going fast (honestly, I'd rather that Coptering was made into a feature instead of an exploit), but the way the game currently is, it's very bad for teamplay.

Yeah, Ninjas going fast. What were they thinking?

Because tanky-&#! rhinos flying across maps with legs twirling at ten million miles an hour with perfectly relaxed upper bodies totally falls under the definition of "ninjas going fast".

It IS an exploit. DE just left it in the game because of its popularity with the player base.

Well the moment it becomes accepted there's not really much of a point in calling it an exploit anymore. Probably more so if they work around it in Melee 2.0. It's pretty much turned into a mechanic.

Uhm, everybody who you're leaving behind. When I was a newbie, all of the "pro" players would always fly out of the map and leave me to die, then complain about how slow I am after using my second revive in a Capture mission.

It's more a problem with the lack of punishment for leaving your teammates than it is with going fast (honestly, I'd rather that Coptering was made into a feature instead of an exploit), but the way the game currently is, it's very bad for teamplay.

But if everyone else is fast but you then you are hurting their playstyle. I think what Ced suggested is bestm let us choose our preference of team mates.

Because tanky-&#! rhinos flying across maps with legs twirling at ten million miles an hour with perfectly relaxed upper bodies totally falls under the definition of "ninjas going fast".

Yeah, because having frosts and rhinos lag behind is such a good alternative. In pve games having some characters being slower than other is not good.

Well the moment it becomes accepted there's not really much of a point in calling it an exploit anymore. Probably more so if they work around it in Melee 2.0. It's pretty much turned into a mechanic.

If nothing's changed, then it hasn't turned into anything. It's as much of an exploit as it's ever been.

It's just a very-accepted exploit.

"Pro" players would be way way faster than any newbie even without zorens, removing them would not change that situation.

Rhinos ware never slow, just use the right helmet, so why you're pointing at them specifically makes little to no sense.

If they made coptering into a proper mechanic they could fix the S#&$ty grafical issues with it if thats your issue.

Indeed an accepted exploit is by no means a bad thing, in this case it makes the game alot more enjoyable.

But if everyone else is fast but you then you are hurting their playstyle. I think what Ced suggested is bestm let us choose our preference of team mates.

Players are obviously going to have to speed up as they progress through gameplay so as to not hinder their teammates, but there should be a line drawn as to how fast they need to go. If there are Rhinos and Novas flying through maps with their Zorens and blowing everything up before your Loki can Dakracopter to catch up with them, then it's hardly your fault that you're too slow for your teammates.

Selective teammate choosing would effectively limit the number of potential teammates by a huge amount, which would become a serious issue once the game passes its prime (when finding teammates in the first place becomes more difficult). Games like Vindictus suffered enough from simply splitting the game into East and West servers.
It's a good concept, but dangerous in the long run. Might as well find a way to let everyone play together from the start.

Yeah, because having frosts and rhinos lag behind is such a good alternative. In pve games having some characters being slower than other is not good.

Nearly all PVE games have the slow, tanky characters that Rhino and Frost take the role of. Mobility is hardly an issue in those games, because their teammates are running/jumping/flying past them at only maybe twice their speed instead of 10+ times. They can catch up without much issue; the decreased speed only truly hinders active combat.

Having some characters slower than others might not be good, but having a select few melee weapons granting ten times the mobility of everything else is much, much worse. If your team is behind you because you're using the one weapon that can get you to the front lines ten times faster than anything else, then it's your problem, not theirs.

Honestly, there IS a way to lesten the speed gap between new players and Zoren Coptering vets.

Remove MK1 Braton.

Newbies have half a chance at standing their own against enemies, they don't need to slow down as much, OR worry about dying due to isolation.

Serious. MK1 Braton is THE WORST thing to introduce to new players on so many levels, it even affects mobility and the interactions with the team as a whole. Not saying new players should start with the creme of the crop, just that they shouldn't start with a toy gun they picked out of a cereal box.

That said, though I agree that slow runners COULD decide to go solo, some players aren't geared to do so. Also, there are benefits to slow group runs, but again, it's more a matter of choice. So I agree that there should be a play-style preference selection option clearly displayed at mission sellect, defaulted to slow, but memorized. So players don't have to re-sellect all the time.

Ofcourse, this raises another issue. Which is the player pool. Right now, Warframe is working well with a steady fan-base, but it's not incredibly big. Game is already stretching its players across MANY diffrent missions and adding another layer of separation in the player base would leave one side, the other, or both rather barren. This is something that would need some working. One thing that deffinitely helps, is to encourage new players to come, and give them good reason to stay. Again, MK1 Braton is scaring away new players by making them feel useless in general. New players already have to struggle with getting used to unconventional mechanics, acquireing proper mods and ranking them. Add to that the system that allows weapons to be EXPONENTIALLY better through Forma and potatoes, which is NOT intuitive at all... Which is fine, though an important factor to keep in mind nonetheless. Giving them a crap gun and sword on top of all that would, and DOES scare away most new players. Which is bad marketing.

Bottom line is, it's not Zoren Copter that's problematic to slow players, it's the gap between the two groups.

Edited by Eruend

-snip-

The MK1-Braton is hardly the reason that Rushers are damaging the game. Players don't magically become "useful" to their teammates once they upgrade from it.

In terms of damage, mods are the real reason why new players feel useless, not because of their weapon choice.

The MK1-Braton is hardly the reason that Rushers are damaging the game. Players don't magically become "useful" to their teammates once they upgrade from it.

In terms of damage, mods are the real reason why new players feel useless, not because of their weapon choice.

Who said rushers damage the game aside from that tiny vocal crowd that caused us to have friendship doors installed every 50 meters?

Do you have proof that rushers are "damaging" the game? And are you really saying new players "choose" to use Mk1-Braton? cause I sure as hell didn't, I hated the thing.

Serious. MK1 Braton is THE WORST thing to introduce to new players on so many levels, it even affects mobility and the interactions with the team as a whole. Not saying new players should start with the creme of the crop, just that they shouldn't start with a toy gun they picked out of a cereal box.

If I had joined the game this late into it I would prb just say it's P2P/Leech2P because even alot of the basic mods have been moved/put on really obscure mobs.

Honestly I think the mod system is a bad idea in general, I like customizing and leveling my gear, but I don't want it to increase the effectiveness of said gear by an infinitly large procentage like it does in this game.

Example: level 0 frame cant even use abilitys, but if you have the correct aura mod you get a whole lot of stuff all of a sudden and then add 60 slots from reactor and bonuses of 1000% health or abilitys with 800% increased damage...

Basically it's a math problem, I don't claim to know how DE got these numbers, but I doubt they used calculators.

Speaking of insane numbers, level scaling increasing by time, making the scaling SCALE and the same with armor...