Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Issue I Think Needs To Be Addressed Very Soon.

WildcatAU

I don't know if im the only one but hey here we go.

a good 30% of the games i join never load, it either says waiting for players or that blue loading bar just stays at 0% till i Alt F4 my way out of the game. I know this is not DE's fault and that's its the hosts fault for using his/her toaster Wifi connection. So i was wondering. would creating some sort of "Quit" button while games are loading be possible? So i can just leave the game without having to restart the whole thing? 

Also on a side note, a kick starter project to help DE earn money to start some dedicated servers would also be nice. So we don't have to deal with Client host anymore. =)

I don't know if im the only one but hey here we go.

a good 30% of the games i join never load, it either says waiting for players or that blue loading bar just stays at 0% till i Alt F4 my way out of the game. I know this is not DE's fault and that's its the hosts fault for using his/her toaster Wifi connection. So i was wondering. would creating some sort of "Quit" button while games are loading be possible? So i can just leave the game without having to restart the whole thing? 

Also on a side note, a kick starter project to help DE earn money to start some dedicated servers would also be nice. So we don't have to deal with Client host anymore. =)

failing to load is an annoying problem yes, but most likely someone at DE is looking at ways to minimise or remove it entirely. However it is not an easy fix and it is taking some time.

As for dedicated servers, maybe, but it would involve a rewrite of the entire game code to work well enough. I wouldn't put it on kickstarter though, DE probably has enough money coming in from the plat, and prime access packs that they can do this if they want to.

failing to load is an annoying problem yes, but most likely someone at DE is looking at ways to minimise or remove it entirely. However it is not an easy fix and it is taking some time.

As for dedicated servers, maybe, but it would involve a rewrite of the entire game code to work well enough. I wouldn't put it on kickstarter though, DE probably has enough money coming in from the plat, and prime access packs that they can do this if they want to.

It be interesting to see how they would minimize/remove such an issue when it has nothing to do with the game really but only the connection between players, so in that aspect, what could they do... besides dedicated servers =\

Whoa that sounds like a bug worthy post. 

Make sure you rule out a faulty connection with a certain friend group, mechanical failure, and slow processing. Then I'd say post it. I play withe my ports not properly opened and I experience what you described once every three days. Sounds like it may be a hardware incompatibility they may actually want to know about.

Yeah wooot kickstart servers link it and I'm in!

Without seeing their finances, I doubt it. Payroll alone eats 10s of thousands of dollars a month.

This also happens to me a lot when I join a bad host. When the mission is complete and the host leaves too fast, it leaves my screen black with "waiting for players" message. While the game is like this, I can't press Esc for the menu, it just stays like this forever.

wy05LPS.jpg

Possible Solution: It would be good if there would be an option or setting that lets you to leave team parties/lobbies when you finish playing with random players.So this way, you wouldn't be stuck on the host (that already left) and you can load back safely to the main menu.

Edited by HideorEscape