Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth And Sneak Attack - Feedback

LazerusKI

so, normally i love to play the silent killer, so i have tried it a few rounds.

but...

at the moment its just ridiculous.

even if an enemy sees you one time, without pressing the alert button, every single enemy in the level knows that you are there.

also the damage of sneak attack seems to be too low, i mean...its like a charged attack with cool animation.

my suggestion: make the sneak attack aviable all the time you can manage to get behind an enemy, even if they are aware of you.

also either increase the damage a lot, or add something like an instakill system, if you stay behind an enemy, a bar will fill up, if it reaches maximum, the sneak attack will isntakill the enemy. another idea would be a mod that gives either a chance for instakill (like critical sneak attack) or a mod to increase the damage.

stealth gameplay:

there are not enough alternate routes to reach your goal.

would be cool to see places where you need to climb at the ceiling (like splinter cell), hang at corners (bridges etc) and pull enemys down when they pass you,

also a shadow system would be very nice, darker places where it is harder to see you.

at the moment its all more like an early test for this system, but thats ok, i just wanted to say that.

the beginning with all the new movements is nice.

Edited by LazerusKI

Good ideas. I think the stealth system could be so much more than it currently is.

I would also like to see special rewards for completing missions without alerting the entire base.

I would really like to see some missions where completing them without alerting the base is a requirement for successful completion. I think it would be a welcomed challenge to finish a mission like this with a full group of people.

yeah, stealth is not really good now and never was in this game, most bothersome issue are enemies having an incredible eyesight.

i feel like stealth gameplay is an afterthought, like they never really thought about how to make it viable.

stealth takedowns should be OHK, IA should at least check in your general direction once they spotted you (thats when you hear the grineers say 'uh?') and if they spot you again THEN sound the alarm or start firing, their LoS should be shorter when not alerted; and devs should check enemy placement in some stages, sometimes you have 4-5 enemies walking in a line and no alternative route to take for evasion.

so, normally i love to play the silent killer, so i have tried it a few rounds.

but...

at the moment its just ridiculous.

even if an enemy sees you one time, without pressing the alert button, every single enemy in the level knows that you are there.

also the damage of sneak attack seems to be too low, i mean...its like a charged attack with cool animation.

my suggestion: make the sneak attack aviable all the time you can manage to get behind an enemy, even if they are aware of you.

also either increase the damage a lot, or add something like an instakill system, if you stay behind an enemy, a bar will fill up, if it reaches maximum, the sneak attack will isntakill the enemy. another idea would be a mod that gives either a chance for instakill (like critical sneak attack) or a mod to increase the damage.

stealth gameplay:

there are not enough alternate routes to reach your goal.

would be cool to see places where you need to climb at the ceiling (like splinter cell), hang at corners (bridges etc) and pull enemys down when they pass you,

also a shadow system would be very nice, darker places where it is harder to see you.

at the moment its all more like an early test for this system, but thats ok, i just wanted to say that.

the beginning with all the new movements is nice.

AHHHHH I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS

In addition I would like to be able to sneak attack moas, otherwise sneaking is pointless on corpus.

I have one complaint about the current system and that is that after the stealth kill animation you are left standing. It would be easier to continue stealth after a kill if i wasn't reset to standing after every one

yeah it'd be nice to go back to whatever position you were in previously

and they should also increase the range you can perform them from slightly, because half the time i end up touching them and they turn around.

I have one complaint about the current system and that is that after the stealth kill animation you are left standing. It would be easier to continue stealth after a kill if i wasn't reset to standing after every one

I would like to see chained stealth kills; you stealth kill one guy and you can continue killing others in close proximity. (Think FarCry 3 chained takedown)

This would make for a cool mod. Leveling it up allows for more kills during the chain.