Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Explain To Me How I Get Back To Where I Was?

reggs12

This new system is pretty confusing and I don't wanna waste a bunch of credits for nothing. Should I just sell a bunch of old mods to gain credits for fusion? They seem to be worth a LOT less now so I am wondering if this is some sort of glitch. Either way this "respec" feels a lot more like a "reset" where all my hard work was for nought.

Edited by reggs12

This new system is pretty confusing and I don't wanna waste a bunch of credits for nothing. Should I just sell a bunch of old mods to gain credits for fusion? They seem to be worth a LOT less now so I am wondering if this is some sort of glitch. Either way this "respec" feels a lot more like a "reset" where all my hard work was for nought.

So far I would say keep your old mods that have become "cores". You need a lot of them to upgrade each actual mod. Yes this does seem to be a reset. Which makes me wonder- Does item level effect anything? I seem to have a level 30 suit worth jack. 75 health 75 shield. I like solo play and it hurts. Anyhow gl!

Same here. I'm running around with base health and no idea how much of what I am supposed to upgrade. I tried the fusion thing on a couple mods and saw zero effect. Is there some kind of stats page I am missing? I'm all out of credits with a ton of old mods and no idea what to do.

only use the common cores to upgrade things. even though rare and uncommon give larger boosts they cost way more to use.

But do they upgrade the mod more? All I see is a number next to the mod and I don't ever really see it change. Is there a place that explains how much more fusion you need to upgrade the mod?

For now, just do missions and keep trying to gather mods to work with. Wait for additional patches before going all out on selling or doing fusion on mods.

There might be additional changes that could improve the situation, and it would be a bit troublesome to use up your cores if they become more effective soon.

As for getting back to how good you were. Remember that your frames and weapons had all those passive points. You probably won't remember what all of them were, but realize that your weapons had damage, clip, rate, and other upgrades. They don't have any of those default upgrades anymore. You must add mods to get them back. So mods are doing double duty of getting your weapons leveled up as well as enhancing the effects in ways that you like.

So far I would say keep your old mods that have become "cores". You need a lot of them to upgrade each actual mod. Yes this does seem to be a reset. Which makes me wonder- Does item level effect anything? I seem to have a level 30 suit worth jack. 75 health 75 shield. I like solo play and it hurts. Anyhow gl!

The only thing level/rank does is give you more Mod Energy which limits the strength/number of mods you can equip. The number on the side of the mod card shows how much energy it requires though some weapons/frames have special mod slots where if pared with a corrisponding mod (match the symbol in the upper right hand corner of the slot with the symbol on the upper right hand corner of the card) will cut the cost in half.

But do they upgrade the mod more? All I see is a number next to the mod and I don't ever really see it change. Is there a place that explains how much more fusion you need to upgrade the mod?

There is a bar on the left side of the card when you select it, next to the notches. You have to fill that bar up in order to fill a notch which represents the upgrade. You hear a "vwhohp" noise when you've actually raised the upgrade level.

you cant get back to where you were before U7.

all possible builds are effectively weaker than any pre U7 build.

no, its not a glitch, fusion cores are worth nothing, yes the game right now has an awful rate to gain credits.

Thanks for all the repsonses. I just realized there were little right bars on the right. I also found a decent explanation here.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/15664-a-beginners-guide-to-the-new-mod-system-in-update-7/page__st__60#entry150490

Either way looks like people with maxed frames got a serious nerf/reset on the new update and the credit fusion wall has set up a huge barrier for people to even get back to where they were. I'm not really sure it's worth doing everything over again. Guess I'll just wait another month before making any real decisions on selling fusion cores etc and if I still have to pay hundreds of thousands of credits to get similair performance then it's time to move on.

They haven't addressed at all how large a nerft to potential potency this is. They increased end game difficulty with more planets, did not nerf any enemies, and they did all of the following:

They removed all passive hp/power/shield upgrades and replaced them with cards, if you don't have hp/shield cards your frames are now 100-500% less durable.

They removed passive damage, clip, fire rate, and crit rate bonuses and there is no way to get all of that potency back.

They made a huge money and mod sink to prevent previously maxed frames from regaining the now lower max potency.

All of this means that frame survivability is nerfed 100-500% until you max hp/shield mods, weapons across the board have been nerfed, enemies are the same or stronger, and there is now a huge RNG/credit/mod sink that accounts for 100% of frame potency, instead of before where there was just a RNG sink for 50% of your frames potency. All of how good your frame is is now dependant on mod drops and having the credits to sink into them, levels only account for an empty shell that you can slot millions of credits worth of mods into, there is now no difference between level 30 frames and level 5 frames if they both have the same hp/shield mods.