Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overpowered Warframes Do Not Exist.

PhantomRen

Banshee's Sonar is an example that if used correctly is OP cause with Ogris and penta they will always benefit from it due to them never needing to aim, Nova after a while actually becomes CC instead of Nuking to the point where the blast does nothing to anyone near it Same with oberon and Rhino, while say Vauban, Trinity, Nyx, and Loki can keep skills that are useful after those have become CC. Sayrn actually is pretty powerful to if used correctly not just a miasma Spam.  Same with Excal, Mag of course is overpowered in Void and Corpus maps.  Nekros well I don't play him enough to know.  What kills the game is people assuming its all about DPS and Mobility when really its just about figuring out what you love and making that work for you even if it's not top DPS or Top kills always, if I wanted that then I'd go back to Wolfteam and try and beat the hackers at their game. 

Ok, this is why I want Nova nerfed/modified:

in most lower level missions where a high level nova has gone to farm there is a great lack of fun for the other playesr because she is killstealing everyone and if I want to level my frame/weapons (without going solo) a Nova that takes all the kills just makes you wanna ragequit.

also: LOKI is the best!

been like this since the game came out, someday you will be the same:)

You know this game has an awful lot playable classes so to speak.  There's 17 currently and adding more.  Any game with that many different types of characters will have trouble making them all balanced or viable.  Someone is bound to be OP and others UP.  There are only so many roles to be filled in any team and every frame can't be as viable as those few main ones who really shine at something.   I'm sure we would be complaining if we had another frame that equals Nova's power and dominance with M.Prime.  or if M.Prime was reduced to be less effective than most other abilities.  Some other ability would then be the new M.Prime discussion.   It's a no win situation.   Short of making all frames totally equal in their powers, there is no real way to make 17 or more frames unique enough to make them all equally viable and feel less OP or less UP.

Now I do think some frames need some work...Ash probably tops my list right now...but I won't let the differences in any frames effectiveness deter me from playing the game and having fun with any frame.   Ash needs work, but I still enjoy playing Ash in a non-competitive situation.   When It's time for business and to successfully complete missions whether solo or team, I'm not picking Ash for the job.  I'm picking a trust worthy frame that can do the job the easiest...which 9 times out of 10 is probably Rhino.

Truthfully we're all talking about these frames in the context of the upper 1, maybe .5 percent of the game content, correct? Any game with character and weapon levelling, grinding, and all that has run into the problem of only one or two viable classes and weapons, or even just one viable build. Focusing on the 1% of the game will put the other 99% out of the picture, so it's obvious that one or two frames are going to perform better than the others in that one percentile of the game.

Now if we're moving into that high of a level, nova's mprime really does become more of a CC ability instead of for damage. Sonar takes over for damage amplification then. And against Corpus or anything with shields, Mag will ALWAYS perform superbly because shield polarize scales perfectly. Same with Nyx because she gets the enemies to do the hard work for you.

Edited by (PS4)Incarmine