Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Help Me Understand This Game

(PSN)therapiist-_-

Question

13 answers to this question

You kill that boss that drops the warframe pieces over, and over, and over.

Once you get lucky enough to get all 3 pieces, go kill the same enemies over, and over, and over, for materials.

Then, grind survival and defense missions over and over and you can go to void.

Grind void over and over and over and you can make a void weapon/frame, which has benefits compared to their normal counterpart.

Welcome to Warfarm.

You kill that boss that drops the warframe pieces over, and over, and over.

Once you get lucky enough to get all 3 pieces, go kill the same enemies over, and over, and over, for materials.

Then, grind survival and defense missions over and over and you can go to void.

Grind void over and over and over and you can make a void weapon/frame, which has benefits compared to their normal counterpart.

Welcome to Warfarm.

Wow, there is a new update around the corner and already you are driving away someone.

Ok, lets take this easy.

First of all, you buy Frame BP from market. But you still need to kill specific boss for Frame parts. And when you kill them the drop one of 3 random parts ( systems, helmet and chassis ) that yet again you need to build. Boss mission give parts at the end of mission, but you can get 3 parts in 3 runs, or in 300 runs. It is all about RNG.

Now to the building part. Frames parts take 12 h to complete once you start building them and they need resources that yet again need to farm. You can build all 3 Frame parts simultaneously and when you build them you can start building the Frame. Thats where Frame BP comes. It takes 3 days to build a Frame.

For weapons you just buy weapon BP from market, farm needed resources and start building it. Some take 12 h, and some take 24 h to build.

As for void tiers 1,2 and 3. You can get Prime weapons and frames there. But yet again they drops in parts. Every void mission has different loot table so you need to run specific void runs for specific items.

You can check www.warframe.wikia.com for more info.

Lets say you want to get ember. The first thing you do is go to the wiki and see which boss is dropping the Compontents you need .For a Warframe you will always need 3. The Helm, the Chassis and the Systems.. For Ember General Sargas Ruk (Saturn Boss) would be the boss you will have to farm. After you killed him a few times and have all the Components you need you open the Foundry and build the 3 Compontens (that will take 12 hours). After that you buy the Blueprint from Ember in the Market and start bulding the Frame (that will take 3 days). After that Ember will be completed. All you have to do then is click claim (and ofc you must have a free Warframe slot) and then you have your new Frame.

You can then put a Reactor in it to get double Modpoints if oyu so desire and mod your frame as you wish.

Link to the wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Edited by Evers

read the beginner's guides posted first.  then ask us questions and we will help you.

each planet after the first has a boss that randomly drops one of a frame's 3 parts - plus you need to buy a blueprint with credits in the market (not the frame that you buy with platinum.money) - just the blueprint.

after the 2nd planet they all have at least one defense, one mobile defense and one survival.  these mission types give better rewards and are what people farm for experience due to the sheer numbers of enemies in them.  survival is trying to survive 5 minutes at a time - hint: DO NOT USE A LIFE SUPPORT MODULE UNTIL YOU ARE AT 60% LIFE SUPPORT.  you can often get 10% from a mob's drops when dying so you don't want to waste it.

Let's say I buy a blueprint to build a warframe I really want,weapons and ect.I have beat all the boss in the game. Now, what happens after that? Is there a T1 gear to get? I just want to understand how this game really works

When I read your question, I get the impression you're coming from an MMO type of background and looking for some footing to understand things. Maybe I'm right, maybe not. I know I kinda did it myself. If I'm wrong, ignore the rest ;)

Warframe from the MMO mindset

1. "Bosses" - you mention them in your question but there really aren't bosses in the sense an MMO player thinks of them. There are assassination missions with bosses, but most of them are only mildly more difficult than a random heavy trooper. A few of them (recently revamped ones) require something of a strategy, but not much. 

2. The game doesn't have an "endgame" in the way an MMO does. There are no raids, there's no "uber gear". Yo can go after a new warframe, but they're just different. New weapons are also different though some are surely more powerful than others or more powerful for a given task.

3. The Void: You can get gear from the void - prime gear/warframes. They are better than their unprimed counterparts, but only slightly so. In most cases it tweaks some stats or adds a polarity slot which you could just as easily do with a forma. It can be fun to pursue, but does not offer the kind of power change you get upgrading from "Dungeon gear" to "raid gear" in an MMO

4. Don't think of the warframes as "classes" - they're not. You change them like you change clothing. They're tools, and have different aptitudes. 

Let's say I buy a blueprint to build a warframe I really want,weapons and ect.I have beat all the boss in the game. Now, what happens after that? Is there a T1 gear to get? I just want to understand how this game really works

To answer your actual question about what happens after weapons and warframes, that's mostly up to the player, for some people it's about the journey of life as it were, for others it's the multiplayer, plain and simple, some people enjoy the collection, getting everything we can.

Different players have different reasons for enjoying the game.

As for your second question, "is the gear grouped into tiers" was what I got from your post.

Not really. The weapons and warframes aren't really put into tiers like A to B to C, or from beginner to advanced but you (the player) are able to pick whichever weapon you like and use it (build it or buy it first). Of coarse some weapons are better than others, and need to be more-or-less earned but that's another topic.

When I read your question, I get the impression you're coming from an MMO type of background and looking for some footing to understand things. Maybe I'm right, maybe not. I know I kinda did it myself. If I'm wrong, ignore the rest ;)

Warframe from the MMO mindset

1. "Bosses" - you mention them in your question but there really aren't bosses in the sense an MMO player thinks of them. There are assassination missions with bosses, but most of them are only mildly more difficult than a random heavy trooper. A few of them (recently revamped ones) require something of a strategy, but not much. 

2. The game doesn't have an "endgame" in the way an MMO does. There are no raids, there's no "uber gear". Yo can go after a new warframe, but they're just different. New weapons are also different though some are surely more powerful than others or more powerful for a given task.

3. The Void: You can get gear from the void - prime gear/warframes. They are better than their unprimed counterparts, but only slightly so. In most cases it tweaks some stats or adds a polarity slot which you could just as easily do with a forma. It can be fun to pursue, but does not offer the kind of power change you get upgrading from "Dungeon gear" to "raid gear" in an MMO

4. Don't think of the warframes as "classes" - they're not. You change them like you change clothing. They're tools, and have different aptitudes. 

Yea my background is like an mmo and I enjoy playing warframe, it's something different. I like to thank you all for answering my question on this game.. 

@ the op, spend your platinum only on warframe slots, weapon slots, reactors and catalysts, everything else in the game can be earned apart from platinum obviously. sometimes alerts pop up on arsenal screen that can offer reactors and catalyst keep an eye out for these. Dont be a noob like me when I first started I was buying revives, not knowing that I could just swap warframes. Have fun with this game, learn how to do damage to different enemies like others above have stated, the wiki is your best friend whilst playing this game! hope this helps :)    happy hunting