The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Luck Is The Only Way To Progress In Update 7.

CosyPigeon

When I first started playing this game (before Nyx and Frost) it was tough going solo at level one, it felt like I really needed to be cautious and play smart. Using Volt as a starter made it pretty easy, cuz you just shock people when to quick kill or in a pickle.

With Update 7 I've got a level 22 Trinity with and it's hard enough getting past the first few rooms (especially with Corpus). I'll admit that before when I had 300+ HP 300+ Shields and 300+ Power, death was almost non-existant for the full health/shield/invul power, but now I die too quickly to use powers (can get Link off just barely) and if I do then I'm out of power in no time. I want the ability to solo cuz right now it feels unplayable without a group of 3 or 4.

Pretty much. this system will not encourage new players to join, and without new players this game will die.

It just picked my interest, since I joined a little while ago - I actually find this system to be kinda intriguing, even tho I agree it's pure luck as to what characteristics (and when) will you be able to have on your warframe which probably might get a bit irritating later on. What actually disappointed me greatly was that the leveling of gear has no effect at all, I really hoped for some minor boost as your character "learns" to use the equipment. You know, I first thought the system actually is just that, you apply major characteristics trough looted mods while you get some minor, passive ones from leveling.

PS: Fun fact - I checked the forums on my way to get a buy one of the founder packs and reading just a few topics made me delay that. Conclusion: Everyone here is such a downer! :D

Regardless of if you can beat a stage or not without certain mods, the only way to get mods are based on luck. Which is kind of frustrating.

Pretend I want to run fast. There's no way for me to raise my chances on getting run speed. I just have to keep doing stuff until I get it (Or keep buying mod packs until it randomly gives it to me).

I don't really get why so many self proclaimed elite players are utterly opposed to the idea that progression determined solely on a random number generator is a bad thing.

Why do you care if non luck based progression is added, or even considered?

Because they think everyone complains about the challenge itself and not the RNG aspect. You see, right now the game feels more challenging and that is FINE, I like the game being more challenging but not when it is based on luck. That is the problem with these people, they cannot understand that fact. Just look at the replies you got CosyPigeon in the first couple of pages in this topic. It is clear that most of the people just shut down any kind of feedback on Update 7 as a "whine post" or "QQ thread". They cannot possibly admit that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE this system isn't flawless and it could use some tweaking.

I mean it's pretty clear that the rarity on the card is not reflected through drops at all, yet they keep arguing that this is OK. Just have some patience until DE is done with Pax this weekend and I'm sure we will see one of 2 things:

A) Shield drops actually being COMMON as it says on the card

OR

B) An event (getting lvl 10 on the warframe, getting lvl 1 on the account etc.) that will reward you with a shield mod 100% of the time.

Probably even both. The way it is right now is clearly not intended.

Isn't the proplem more that the rarity of the card isnt determining the drop rate? Regardless of place or level.

Like I said in about 50 posts: This is a symptom of the problem, that being 'your progress is entirely determined by what the RNG decides it wants to give you', not actually the problem itself.

Please, people, stop insisting that we should only treat the symptoms and leave the malignant &#! cancer intact. That malignant &#! cancer being 'you have no progression besides RNG-determined mods'.

What I like the most in this topic is that the "Elite Defendor of Grindfest" Aggh has no founder badge meaning that he probably didint give a single peny to devs, while mindlessly framing game for dozens of hours.

While most complaining people have Hunter and above.

I agree with OP. New system is bad. Yes - BAD! Progressions is weird and frustraiting and I tell you - if I would join this game during update 7.... well I pretty sure I would think twice before throwing any money in the screen or sticking around for long time.

Update 7 was too much, and it was way too unpolished for proclaiming it an Open Beta. "Pround Devs Defenders" can say anything, but RNG was always bane of this game. Before update 7 we had alot of rage threads about how people cant get all part (which is 3 grand totall on every boss and you need only one of each) in days or weeks.

Now same stuff with RNG cards. if you ask me - the previouse system was better, it was clear, it was simple, it was easy for people to understand how it works. It had it flaws, but atleast it was not frustrating, because if you were lucky - you could turn into GOD OF ALL TENN, if not... well you can be merely One Man\Woman Army. You still was powerfull even without 300% multyshot, you still could be usefull in high lvl fights and most important - you were powerfull even with subpar luck, cause mods were luxurity and game for most part was balanced even for unmodded frames.

Now Devs changed one part of formula - Players progression- whil other part - Enemies Progression - was left untouched. And thats why we see that drastic imblance and mess in gameplay. Enemies still think that they fight mighty gods with 1000 shileds 500 armor and 300% multyshot. And we cant live up their expectations

You don't need a fancy forum badge to know this is awful.

Most people who don't complain about this update are the news player, because they don't have to REFARM their mods and have to play back to level 1 when they were used to do just FINE.

As it's been already said, the problem is that now, those who have to refarm, have level 30 warframe that act like level 1 warframe with no mods.

You don't need a fancy forum badge to know this is awful.

Most people who don't complain about this update are the news player, because they don't have to REFARM their mods and have to play back to level 1 when they were used to do just FINE.

As it's been already said, the problem is that now, those who have to refarm, have level 30 warframe that act like level 1 warframe with no mods.

Its not REFARM - its hope for the best (mod to drop). Cause progression without mods was removed. And thast a big deal.

I get more rare mods than health or shield mods. Something is off with the drop rates. Other than wonky drops on health and sheild mods I am enjoying the update. You all should realize this update was a wipe basically and you can't just run off straight to pluto.

I would just like to point out, I have ~5pages of mods (6 if all are unequiped).

I had to grind from when update 7 was released till now to get a bloody shield mod.

While I want people to suffer as I did, and go though hours of grinding mercury in boredom, it would most likely mean this game will die in its infancy.

What the hell is wrong with you people who think this current system is fine?

In all honesty, if they keep this current system, I sure as hell will not be a return customer.

Just saying. 6pages of mods before getting a shield. SIX BLOODY PAGES (2 pages are Fusion cores).

Edited by Supern00b

I got about 330 mod drops with the new system. That's 10+ pages and still no shield mod. I'm still playing, no QQ threads, no threats that I am deleting the game. Still enraged by people's "this is fine" or "you just have to l2p" posts. They are just being completely ignorant. Just hang in there, they will definitely change it after PAX is over.

I get more rare mods than health or shield mods. Something is off with the drop rates. Other than wonky drops on health and sheild mods I am enjoying the update. You all should realize this update was a wipe basically and you can't just run off straight to pluto.

Ffs... pluto... people unable to to play Lvl 20-30 planets. I am personally worried with people who join high lvl missions just to sit back in the corner waiting for loot. People are that desperate.

Also Health and Shiled mods are max rank 10 - do you have any idea how much effort will it take to max one of those without having prefarmed gadzilion of credits and fusion cores to burrn? Freaking forever.

Devs should reevaluate exponetial cost of mods upgrade, cause when its still OK at rank 5 (you need 32 copies of card to max it) at Rank 10 its fuking insane (1024 of copies requred).

Ffs... pluto... people unable to to play Lvl 20-30 planets. I am personally worried with people who join high lvl missions just to sit back in the corner waiting for loot. People are that desperate.

Also Health and Shiled mods are max rank 10 - do you have any idea how much effort will it take to max one of those without having prefarmed gadzilion of credits and fusion cores to burrn? Freaking forever.

Devs should reevaluate exponetial cost of mods upgrade, cause when its still OK at rank 5 (you need 32 copies of card to max it) at Rank 10 its fuking insane (1024 of copies requred).

Ceres,eris, and pluto are a bit of stretch (but actually doable in co op, even if no one has shield mods) anything below that is very doable without hp and shields. That's the main problem I have with your argument. The drop rates could definitely be made better, but it's definitely not something that traps you in mecury.

Only the last rank of shields is hard to get, as long as you use mods with the same polarity and supplement with low rank rares and uncommons you can keep the cost per rank to a pretty reasonable price.

Edited by Aggh

Only the last rank of shields is hard to get, as long as you use mods with the same polarity and supplement with low rank rares and uncommons you can keep the cost per rank to a pretty reasonable price.

FFs can someone cast "Destroy undead" on that one, the ammount of "no-life" in him gives me creeps.

Dear "Fanboyzilla" if you want this game to be apealing only to your kind - ok. But dont be surprised when it will shutdown before release.

Edited by derclaw

FFs can someone cast "Destroy undead" on that one, the ammount of "no-life" in this one gives me creeps.

What are you talking about, you farm the amazing M Prime twice and you already have five zillion credits.

I mean I'm amazed at how bad people like you are

What are you talking about, you farm the amazing M Prime twice and you already have five zillion credits.

I mean I'm amazed at how bad people like you are

Do you even hear how $&*&*#(%& doest it sound? "You farn the amazing M Prime". - its SECOND mission in game. Its not meant to be grinding grounds, the times on Lineage II has passed dude, noone want to sit in starting area repeating stuff over over.

Whole Merqury should be (and it WAS back in 6) "tutorial" for different missions types + soft introduction of crafting.

Then you start your jorney to different planets.

Forcing new players to sit on their asses with basic weapon, limited (since you now either fuse mods and SPEND money or sell mods and loose power) income, bizzare cash-shop prices is a nice way to turn alot of people from this game.

Edited by derclaw

Do you even hear how $&*&*#(%& doest it sound? "You farn the amazing M Prime". - its SECOND mission in game. Its not meant to be grinding grounds, the times on Lineage II has passed dude, noone want to sit in starting area repeating stuff over over.

Whole Merqury should be (and it WAS back in 6) "tutorial" for different missions types + soft introduction of crafting.

Forcing new players to sit on their asses with basic weapon, limited (since you now either fuse mods and SPEND money or sell mods and loose power) income, bizzare cash-shop prices is a nice way to turn alot of people from this game.

Uhh....quite sure krisp is being sarcastic. I mean, he did use the word "zillion". Well...i hope he's sarcastic...

Actually, it provides incentive for higher level players to run missions with low level players which a good thing imo. Also, with the short amount of time it takes to run the missions with high level gear and mods, you can earn credits pretty fast the since high level missions don't really pay out much better relative to the time spent completeling a mission.

Also, this game has always been about repitition and grinding. It's a dungeon crawler. You're basically playing the same missions over and over with very minor variations no matter what you do. There will always be a level/act/etc. etc. that is more efficient to grind on. M prime is pretty good right now because of the better chances at certain mods and the fast finish time. Before people farmed boss levels and xini for mods. It's an unavoidable part of the genre since the whole point of the genre is to grind for good loot.

Basic weapon? You can kit out a weapon pretty well after a handful of defense missions, in the time it takes a weapon to actually reach level 30 you should easily have plenty of decent mods. Too many people are judging the system off of starting out with a level 30 weapon.

The only real problems right now are the drop rate on health and shield mods and the cost of fusing. 99% of all *@##$ing would go away if those were tweaked.

Edited by Aggh

Its bad really i still cant find last skills of volt including overvolt also been farming alloy and galium like crazy with no luck :( i hate it.Some stuff drops wayyyy to often like polimer something called,and alloy/gallium etc way too rare.