Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe related to Dark Sector?

Noja87

The connection is quite apparent.

Hayden Tenno was, so to speak, the first "Tenno". He not only shares the name, but also the equipment. He is armored, has a special melee weapon, can call upon quasi-magical abilities and even wears an Excalibur suit later on.

The Technocyte virus was a major part of the story of darkSector, and is existant in the Warframe universe aswell. The Technocyte plague (apparently, it got out of hand) is the reason for the Infested. Given what we're using to craft things, Warframes are part of the Plague, but, maybe, lucky few who can channel the virus to manifest usefull abilities.

The connection is quite apparent.

Hayden Tenno was, so to speak, the first "Tenno". He not only shares the name, but also the equipment. He is armored, has a special melee weapon, can call upon quasi-magical abilities and even wears an Excalibur suit later on.

The Technocyte virus was a major part of the story of darkSector, and is existant in the Warframe universe aswell. The Technocyte plague (apparently, it got out of hand) is the reason for the Infested. Given what we're using to craft things, Warframes are part of the Plague, but, maybe, lucky few who can channel the virus to manifest usefull abilities.

I'm thinking more along the lines of this: The Technocyte virus is biomechanical in nature... and you say the Warframes are too? As for the person inside each Warframe, the Tenno themselves? Hayden Tenno had an abnormal immune factor in the form of Congenitive Analgia. THAT is why the virus didn't drive him insane and feral like everyone else. Nemesis? I don't know how it maintained its humanity. It could have had CA like Hayden.

Oh, now take a look at this: http://images.wikia.com/darksector/images/1/1a/288382_full.jpg

You did just say the Warframes are "part of the plague," aye? Try this: The Warframes are a derivative technology, a biomechanical suit of armor, starting with the Excalibur. After the final fight with Nemesis, its helmet peels back the same way Hayden's does to reveal its face. I'm thinking it's a mutated/assimilated Excalibur Warframe, rather than some other, ambiguous model (the only other option given the lotus emblem on its shoulder).

Yikes, did you guys hack my email? ;)

One of my guys went and got Dark Sector, played through it, took notes and brought it into a Teamspeak session. I went ahead and read reviews, plot synopsises, talked to people who played Dark Sector and drew mindmaps.

What do you think we are, Steve? Kids, just enjoying your game? Ha, silly Steve. ;)

Edited by Ced23Ric

So i watched the youtube diaries. Turns out this is what Dark Sector was supposed to be before the publishers made them change everything. Like a remake/re-imagining.

This in of itself makes me even more impressed. I'm glad that Steve and the rest of DE stuck to their guns and went back to the original concept to see if there was any more work that could be done with it. Who knows, maybe we'll see the Glaive (I hope I spelled that right) become an unlockable weapon at some point.

Also, the first level of Warframe seems to be a homage to the original Darksector trailer; all it's missing is the bossfight against the giant robot.

I just went back and watched that trailer and it REALLY does.From the corridor at 1:10 to the apparent Excalibur suit and Hayden even calling them "Grineer Soldiers" and even the soldiers faces look like the ones in Warframe.Don't forget the last scene where Hayden departs from the ship and walks through the hallway with all the suits hanging up.Its really awesome how the devs did that.I remember watching the trailer way back but would've never put the two together.Well done!Just makes me love this game more.

Well...for my personal opinion, ''Gameplay Style'', or how should i say more correctly ''Rank possibilities and Way how you level up''

Is VERY similar to Ghost Recon Online, and as only difference that GRO is PvP, while WarFrame is PvE

----------------------

Closest similarities between GRO and WarFrame --->

GRO Have Kits (3 different). Each must be leveled up seperately. Each kit have their own unique ''Loadout'' - Unique Abilities, Armory (2 Type heavy weapons, and Sidearm). Weapons can be ranked up when you use them and customized (Fire rate, clip size, dmg, etc), Armor can be customized with temporaly enchancements.