Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Players: Operation Oxium Espionage

[DE]Megan

FYI - Hey, um...tried 6 times now to play this.  Every time I click on the event on the map, it just kicks me out of the game to this forum topic.  Very weird.  None of the other alerts/events ever did that.

Oh! Clicking the operation in-game just gives you information on the event. You can find Oxium Ospreys anywhere you fight Corpus. Try Mobile Def or Survival. Imo, got the best results!

same here, can't play during weekday... would like to activate it manually whenever I want :)

My affinity booster is down to 1 day and a few hours; would've been nice if they had a notice that the affinity booster reward would activate once you complete the objective.

YVuCNJf.jpg

A message from The Lotus:

Tenno,

Weeks ago we received intel about a Corpus raid on a little-known independent research facility near Eris. The Corpus made off with a scientific jackpot, the formulation of a rediscovered experimental Orokin alloy called Oxium. This lighter than air alloy has already been deployed in a new drone dubbed the Oxium Osprey which forgoes its support role in favor of dynamic attacks.

With this new drone The Corpus think they have gained the upper hand, but we will use this development to our own ends.  Oxium could be the cornerstone of new Warframe design but first we need to research its properties. Go into the field, take out the new Ospreys and bring back the Oxium. You will be rewarded for your efforts.

-Lotus

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO

- You will receive a message from the Lotus with a single objective - collect a new crafting resource called Oxium (an Orokin alloy).

- This new resource can be found by hunting for the Oxium Osprey - a new enemy with unique behavior. The Oxium Osprey can be found in any Corpus level set. Select Corpus containers may also contain Oxium.

- Follow your individual progress bar to see how much Oxium The Lotus requires you to collect.

- Once you have fulfilled the objective, The Lotus will contact you to congratulate you and provide you with your reward.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

- This Operation is on now until February 5 at 12 PM EST.

- Once you have successfully completed the Operation, it will disappear.

- Any Oxium obtained in addition to The Lotus’ requirements will remain in your inventory to be used towards the crafting of new Warframes and future weapons.

REWARD

Successfully complete the mission and you'll be rewarded with:

- The new Aviator Mod - offers reduced damage while airborne

- A 3-Day Affinity Booster

Go forth and collect,

FYI, Fossa is ALWAYS Corpus

Right now usually has about 3-6 OO's per run in solo yeilding on average 4-8 oxium per run.. your luck may very.  Also with increasing party by one we were averaging 11-18 oxium per run.  I do not know what a full party will yeild.  MAKE SURE you hunt the WHOLE map and wait through an area (especially in big rooms) till ALL enemy's stop coming/spawning.  If you rush you'll miss some.  Since this is a lower level area, the Oxium are lower level also making them weaker and easier to kill before they charge... and AI seems less aggressive as well.  If in a party, make sure your team MARKS the drops.  If I kill you can still pick up.  It'll stay on map just like other items but if not picked up, it's not collected.  This isn't as profitable as Kappa or others, but since a lot of maps were lost to being taken over (great timing DE ;P) this should be handy for people having problems getting any or if not strong enough (I know who I am... you do too) to take on the few higher level maps previously mentioned.  I played Kappa about 7 times and had counted well over 20 Oxium pick-ups but only finishied mission ONCE. (On Sat internet connection so I don't play with others besides my son as my lag generally drags a party down)  If strong enough this isn't nearly as fast, but if not, then this is a great safe alternative.

So, curiosity is increasing.. Questions and doubt are accumulating in my mind..  Is update 12 really ready to apply now? How soon it will? It's too hard to wait for, but very interesting to get it (= I suppose, left a few hours at worst case..

k, i did some runs over the event time, to get 49 oxiums, then i stoped to collect them, just to keep the rewards for the end of the event, soo i jumped on a defense around 20min BEFORE the end of this event (was around 17H40 gmt+1 here)... i did collected 15 oxium, but then when i got back to the menu, the progress' bar was removed, but i didn't got any rewards, i checked the "inbox", still nothing, i loged out / in back, still nothing... ok, do i have to make a report ?

k, i did some runs over the event time, to get 49 oxiums, then i stoped to collect them, just to keep the rewards for the end of the event, soo i jumped on a defense around 20min BEFORE the end of this event (was around 17H40 gmt+1 here)... i did collected 15 oxium, but then when i got back to the menu, the progress' bar was removed, but i didn't got any rewards, i checked the "inbox", still nothing, i loged out / in back, still nothing... ok, do i have to make a report ?

Great plan. Looks like failed spectacularly.