Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omg! Bows Are Really Garbage Freaking Slow Kill Rate.

Makemap

Finally got my hands on Paris Prime. I thought it would be good, but, it is slow as heck!

Here is how I rate the bows from worst to best.

(Worst)Cernos > Dread > Paris > Paris Prime(which suppose to be the best bow right now)

Here is a list of suggestion to make bow game play much better and faster.

#1 Charge shots decrease travel time.

Reason : Freaking Moving Targets + Low charge speed means your not killing fast enough. Rifles and Snipers out match the bows by a lot when it comes to kill speed. Once you miss you have to start all over again(especailly when teammates keep blocking your shot).

It would make much more sense for Charge shot to have less travel time compare to normal spamming the bow because you are making the arrow to hit harder. This means it should fly a lot faster.

#2 Unique ability: Half way charge shot deals more damage and faster travel time than normal shot.

Example: Normal damage(100 damage) -> Half way charge(100 damage + 50%/100% damage increase) -> Fully Charged(Charged damage or possible 100%/200% damage increase)

Note: I don't know how charged damage works, whether it is 100% damage increase for weapon or  a seperate damage system.

Reason: It makes a lot of sense for Bows to have this damage system. The harder you charge the shot the more damage you should be doing. Just like real life. If you want to shoot the bow harder, draw it back further.

Edited by Makemap

charge rifles do more damage than bows.   it's not anyones cup of tea unless they want to use the lowest damage type of weapons.

See, this guy is talking sense. Dunno what the other two is taking about. Lanka, and Miter is much better than Bows. For such charged weapons like Bows, they cannot even compete with weapons like Tetra / Vulkar. Which is quite disappointing for low damage charge weapons.

Edited by Makemap

"the harder you charge the shot the more damage you should be doing"

does not work that way already?

Um, that is why I add #2. Nope. If I stop charging it just becomes normal damage.

Edited by Makemap

Sounds a tad like you don't enjoy bows.  I mean from what I've seen a few people do with Paris Prime it makes you wonder how it's considered weak.  

Now I just think and look at the strong weapons and say: Forma.

If you wanna make a ok gun grand: Forma

If you want overkill to the max:Forma 

In the end no gun will be Powerful(not even Synapse,Penta,Ogris,Soma,etc) without needing a few Forma.  Hell Synapse needs 6 Formas to be able to do what it can do.

Its more of a preference thing. Bows are not a go in and nuke everything type of weapon. They are precision weapons, used for accurate head shots and vital spots. Skilled and patient players who become good with bows fine bows fun. I myself like bows, though They are a bit lack luster compared to snipers and the devs have noted this, they are really good weapons once you get used to the draw time and flight speed.

Just use rifles since that what it seems like you know how to use. Now draw back, no flight time, just spray and pray and you'll hit things.

Bows may not be the OP's cup of tea, but not for any bad reason. Their reward is way too low considering the amount of leading and aiming you have to do compared to even using a Vectis. Bows also begin to fall off sharply around the 30-minute mark against Grineer, and a little after that for Corpus (this is after 4 formas on my Dread as well, with a crit build, 1,800 Viral for Grineer/Magnetic and Toxin for Corpus, and Serration one point from the top). They're just not good. But they are very fun and help make this game more interesting for me. I use them on Alerts and other low-level missions, then bring out the Vectis for tougher content.

Damage proportional to the amount of time charged like the OP mentioned is a good idea that's been thrown around before. Faster charge/reload times would help as well. Have you seen how fast the Stalker fires his arrows? Why can't we do that?

Edited by Noble_Cactus

See, this guy is talking sense. Dunno what the other two is taking about. Lanka, and Miter is much better than Bows. For such charged weapons like Bows, they cannot even compete with weapons like Tetra / Vulkar. Which is quite disappointing for low damage charge weapons.

..First, Dread > Paris, Dread vs Paris Prime is personal choice.

Second, Miter is basically a bow, not much better not much worse, it is better DPS when you spam it like a rifle but with it using sniper ammo.. it doesn't last long.

Third, Tetra is a assult rifle, why compare it to a sniper weapon o.O

Fourth, Bow DPS is about as bad as a Vulkar, but a better DPShot which matters a lot for sniper weapons.

Bows may not be the OP's cup of tea, but not for any bad reason. Their reward is way too low considering the amount of leading and aiming you have to do compared to even using a Vectis. Bows also begin to fall off sharply around the 30-minute mark against Grineer, and a little after that for Corpus (this is after 4 formas on my Dread as well, with a crit build, 1,800 Viral for Grineer/Magnetic and Toxin for Corpus, and Serration one point from the top). They're just not good. But they are very fun and help make this game more interesting for me. I use them on Alerts and other low-level missions, then bring out the Vectis for tougher content.

Damage proportional to the amount of time charged like the OP mentioned is a good idea that's been thrown around before. Faster charge/reload times would help as well. Have you seen how fast the Stalker fires his arrows? Why can't we do that?

Correct. I've stopped using my bows since damage 2.0. I'm not a dps freak, but seriously they're really weak for the amount of effort and skill needed to use them. My 5 polarity Paris prime used to own everything pre update 11.

I hope DE investigates this. Bows were a really fun/awesome part of my Warframe experience before.

..First, Dread > Paris, Dread vs Paris Prime is personal choice.

Second, Miter is basically a bow, not much better not much worse, it is better DPS when you spam it like a rifle but with it using sniper ammo.. it doesn't last long.

Third, Tetra is a assult rifle, why compare it to a sniper weapon o.O

Fourth, Bow DPS is about as bad as a Vulkar, but a better DPShot which matters a lot for sniper weapons.

First, I'm not comparing which bow has higher damage. I'm comparing which one does better damage overall to mobs that have armor, etc.

Second, Miter is much better than bows due to the unique way it bounces and hit enemies all over again. Miter Bounces can hit multiple enemies means killing them much more faster.

Third, Rifles kill much faster than bows and it is why I'm comparing them(read thread topic properly)

Fourth, Vulkar doesn't need to charge to kill fast(again read thread topic). Even though Bows have a non-charge shot, Vulkar as a sniper has no travel time means less likely to miss and you can keep clicking Vulkar like the secondary weapons which kills even faster than Bows.

Bows are slow at everything and deal less damage than almost all snipers(if you compare, paris prime deals more damage than Vulkar).

Edited by Makemap

First, I'm not comparing which bow has higher damage. I'm comparing which one does better damage overall to mobs that have armor, etc.

Second, Miter is much better than bows due to the unique way it bounces and hit enemies all over again. Miter Bounces can hit multiple enemies means killing them much more faster.

Third, Rifles kill much faster than bows and it is why I'm comparing them(read thread topic properly)

Fourth, Vulkar doesn't need to charge to kill fast(again read thread topic). Even though Bows have a non-charge shot, Vulkar as a sniper has no travel time means less likely to miss and you can keep clicking Vulkar like the secondary weapons which kills even faster than Bows.

Bows are slow at everything and deal less damage than almost all snipers(if you compare, paris prime deals more damage than Vulkar).

1) So you are only talking about Grineer units as other factions by and large lost armor. Also where in your OP do you even talk about armor?

2) Are you forgetting then when a Bow kills a target the body ragdolls and kills targets in that body's path? Also the bouncing is very poor and not controlled or reliable to use to strike multiple targets, it is a nice lil bonus, nothing compared to body ragdoll murder.

3) Please read your own comment, your don't mention TTK, you only mention they don't stand up against a machinegun and a crap sniper rifle of which they do stand up against the sniper your suggested.

4) It doesn't need charge up, but have you seen the reload? Have you haven't forgotten you can change the charge time significantly more than the sniper's reload. The Dread also matches the Vulkar's DPS and almost doubles the per shot damage which means it actually will kill faster and in half as many shots. Why? Because the target will likely be dead on the first Bow shot compared to the second Vulkar shot.

Mind you I never said bows are good. But Vulkar is like the Snipetron, crap sniper rifles that compare evenly with bows.

1) So you are only talking about Grineer units as other factions by and large lost armor. Also where in your OP do you even talk about armor?

2) Are you forgetting then when a Bow kills a target the body ragdolls and kills targets in that body's path? Also the bouncing is very poor and not controlled or reliable to use to strike multiple targets, it is a nice lil bonus, nothing compared to body ragdoll murder.

3) Please read your own comment, your don't mention TTK, you only mention they don't stand up against a machinegun and a crap sniper rifle of which they do stand up against the sniper your suggested.

4) It doesn't need charge up, but have you seen the reload? Have you haven't forgotten you can change the charge time significantly more than the sniper's reload. The Dread also matches the Vulkar's DPS and almost doubles the per shot damage which means it actually will kill faster and in half as many shots. Why? Because the target will likely be dead on the first Bow shot compared to the second Vulkar shot.

Mind you I never said bows are good. But Vulkar is like the Snipetron, crap sniper rifles that compare evenly with bows.

1) Infested is easy to kill with every weapon right now since weapon 2.0. It is the Grinner and Corpus side. Slash damage rarely effect them especially the new gun Drakgoon that you have to make it had armor piercing elements.

2) Ya, but one guy has to die first, Miter bounces into a group of mobs easily 3-4 kills, especially already damaging a lot of guys if hit.

3) Have you even play with 4 other players. By the time you get a kill, the machine gun players would have killed most of the mobs your trying to kill. You have to be liucky one guy is alive for you to shoot.

4) DPS means nothing if you can't easily hit a moving target which the Bows have a problem with due to travel time. Vulkar/Snipertron can hit them easily each shot. Bows require a higher skill level. Especially the strong damage have to be charged to even kill Heavies. That is when the machine guns kill all the moving targets before you can even shoot one guy.

Edited by Makemap

1) Infested is easy to kill with every weapon right now since weapon 2.0. It is the Grinner and Corpus side. Slash damage rarely effect them especially the new gun Drakgoon that you have to make it had armor piercing elements.

2) Ya, but one guy has to die first, Miter bounces into a group of mobs easily 3-4 kills, especially already damaging a lot of guys if hit.

3) Have you even play with 4 other players. By the time you get a kill, the machine gun players would have killed most of the mobs your trying to kill. You have to be liucky one guy is alive for you to shoot.

4) DPS means nothing if you can't easily hit a moving target which the Bows have a problem with due to travel time. Vulkar/Snipertron can hit them easily each shot. Bows require a higher skill level. Especially the strong damage have to be charged to even kill Heavies. That is when the machine guns kill all the moving targets before you can even shoot one guy.

1) Drakgoon does not pierce armor, it has punch through. Slash is also very effective against non shielded Corpus or corpus with more health than shields(tech units).

2) A uncharged Miter is not ganna kill anyone outside of low level mission fodder. Charger Miter isn't going to bounce into a group because it has infinite punch through and will just keep going past the ground.

3) Same could be said for anyone comparing something like the Karak to even the Vectis or the Lanka, It doesn't help your point. Snipers are slower to kill single weak targets than a gun built to take out many small targets. This hold nothing special about comparing a Bow.

4) The demand for more skill for a bow has always been there, bows used to be king even with the more skill needed and slower kill rate simply form how much damage they could do per shot(from armor ignore) The only thing bows need is a damage buff and they would be back to what they were more or less. Not all weapons need or should have the same skill rating. It is a choice.