Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parrying

Rynax

Parrying feels really clunky, and doesn't really have much use right now. In fact, a large portion of the playerbase doesn't even know it exists right now... My biggest issue with parrying is that while holding down the parry button, your character's orientation is determined by move direction, not aim direction. This makes it hard to retreat while blocking bullets, which is what I mainly try to use parry for. (Normally I hate games with no backpedal, but I can live with Warframe because it has a backpedal while aiming down sights. When you're character goes derp mode and runs towards the camera with his sword drawn, however, it kind of makes parrying unbearable for me.)

Also, the stamina drain while in "the parry stance" feels kind of pointless in my opinion. I would suggest making the amount of stamina drained per bullet blocked increased, whith no drain on stamina while holding the position. Stamina would not regenerate, it would simply stay at it's current level while not actively deflecting attacks in "the parry stance".

Haven't tried parrying heavy grineer missiles yet, but it would be really cool if you could! (I know you can shoot them already, so maybe this isn't neccesary...).

Anyway, those are my thoughts on parrying as it is. Thanks for reading!

---+===(GRAMMMMMMMMMMMMM)

I think parrying in moving direction is good since I use it mostly to mitigate damage while moving toward the enemy before I cut them in half. However many mysteries whirl around its mechanic. Also, there should be no stamina drain during the stance but drain it per bullet blocked or damage absorbed.

Questions that should be made clear first.

Which weapon is better at parrying?

Does attack speed affect parrying?

Will there be mod to increase parrying effectiveness?

How much damage is absorbed by parrying?

If you like parrying before you melee an enemy, then the parry should still be focused on aim direction... You need to be aiming at an enemy to cut them. If parrying stays move-direction based, you will be restricted to forward charging (meaning you can't circle-strafe or sidestep obstacles) while parrying. I feel it is very important to be able to move freely while parrying in your aim direction. Just think of it like a charge attack. While charging, your character follows wherever your camera is oriented, not which direction you are moving in. This allows you to react quickly to enemy position changes before your strike lands. Well, I feel it's very important to be able to AIM at the bullets you are trying to deflect.

I am a big fan of parrying bullets aimed at me while I advance on the enemy.

Yes, it should be aimed at the crosshair. Gives more direct control over the angle of deflection.

No, it should not only cost stamina while deflectin because it would let people just keep it up to defend against suprise shots.

True, a lot of players may not know it exists but then warframe has yet to add it into a tutorial so its not suprising.

Heck yeah, getting some clear stats on how parrying works with each weapon would be great.