Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Face It Guys

TeddyBear

We are the beta testers so lets not get angry about making things easy to get for new players. We tried the old system before hand and experienced how painful it was and DE listened and improved it, which is always the point. 

So for the better good i support DE with the tenno research. Grinding and luck shouldn't be a part of the game and hopefully the new players appreciate all this. 

Beta -> Open Cash Shop -> Ignoring Feedback -> Not fixing bugs -> We have to grind to test

Can we admit this is just a tag? Like ninjas play free? We aren't ninjas, anymore. Neither is this beta.

Edited by KTribute

There's no reason not to have luck in a game. Ludo is a perfectly fine game despite being 100% luck, and Chess is a perfectly fine game despite being 0% luck. Anything in between is also valid. It's how it's used that's the problem.

Plus, as I said in the other thread, it's not just beta; the same is true whenever you have ongoing development, even after the official release.

But other than that I do agree.

Beta -> Open Cash Shop -> Ignoring Feedback -> Not fixing bugs -> We have to grind to test

Can we admit this is just a tag? Like ninjas play free? We aren't ninjas, anymore. Neither is this beta.

Not trying to fanboy, but I don't feel that DE has ignored feedback or not fixed bugs. (Maybe on RNG... but it's in the works... for a while... any day now... any day...)

if you were a true beta tester, youd know that over half of what you just said is false.

-harvester improvements is proof of feedback.

-vauban's vortex is proof of bug fixes.

-incoming research room is proof of removing grind.

just because YOU dont see it, doesnt mean that they arent doing it. im sorry, but you are a lack luster beta tester if this is what you believe in. DE is one of the best companies ive seen behind a F2P game, and im proud to be one of their testers.

Go use Sonar and tell me there aren't ongoing bugs that get ignored.

Or watch the livestreams, and be well aware that they are aware, and is on the list to be worked on. Unfortunately they are a small team, and they are not backed by a publisher. Scott has been tweaking frames as we progress through development, though at the moment we are well aware he is concentrating solely on Vor's Prize. Nitpicking this or that and saying that it is being ignored is ignorance in itself, as we aren't literally in DE's office watching what they do on a daily basis.

I dislike the way beta is tossed around in the industry these days. Beta means content complete, ie the game can be played in a coherent fashion. Some developers like to twist this interpretation by saying "we haven't ended the story yet, so game's not done!" but that's wrong. If you were using that example every MMO and a ton of games would still be "in beta" because they constantly update their content. I don't think the term beta applies to a product like warframe, but I don't have an issue with them clinging onto it after their product has outgrown the term so long as they don't use it as a bulletproof shield from criticism. 

We are the beta testers so lets not get angry about making things easy to get for new players. We tried the old system before hand and experienced how painful it was and DE listened and improved it, which is always the point. 

So for the better good i support DE with the tenno research. Grinding and luck shouldn't be a part of the game and hopefully the new players appreciate all this. 

i thing  is a mixed thing here.

1_we are not beta tester, this is not a beta anymore as has been aknowledged before.

2_any change that lessen the RGN is welcomed, ANY CHANGE:

DE does a lot of things terribly wrong

"damn, so much RGN, i cant get my banshee, is so hard to get, yadda yada yadda"

but for once they take a step to make thing better, BAM!

"hey, that hard to get banshee was like prestige, because is so hard to get, now everyone will get it"

there is some bipolar players around.

Edited by omega_phoenix

i thing  is a mixed thing here.

1_we are not beta tester, this is not a beta anymore as has been aknowledged before.

2_any change that lessen the RGN is welcomed, ANY CHANGE:

DE does a lot of things terribly wrong

"damn, so much RGN, i cant get my banshee, is so hard to get, yadda yada yadda"

but for once they take a step to make thing better, BAM!

"hey, that hard to get banshee was like prestige, because is so hard to get, now everyone will get it"

there is some bipolar players around.

I am playing since closed beta i could tell you tons about how much the game has improved, trust me you haven't seen anything nearly as bad as i did. As of now i have over 540+ hours ingame that would tell you something about grinding. 

Edited by TeddyBear

I am playing since closed beta i could tell you tons about how much the game has improved, trust me you haven't seen anything nearly as bad as i did. As of now i have over 540+ hours ingame that would tell you something about grinding. 

i keep upvoting when i want to anwer...

i am here since may and 1500+ hours of gameplay, so believe me when i say i am glad that new players dont have to grind, at least, for these warframes.

i just find amazing, when you see so many post whining about RGN, when DE decides to aknowledge  (even a little) the problem, a lot of players go postal.

Edited by omega_phoenix

> Ash and Loki

> Game not finished, therefore still in beta and nobody can say otherwise.

If it wasn't for the grinding and RNG, people who get everything from the game too quick and get bored. I for one enjoy grinding...

Good for you.

sorry to be rude, but search in the forums, there is a lot of posts detailing the difference between RGN and real content and gameplay in a game.

this has been discussed so many times that is no sense to start another trend here.

But wait, let me get this straight, if any game incomplete is in Beta, isn't every online game incomplete because they still go through updates?

I'm sure the weekly updates to lore in GW2 must make it a beta, right? And the addition of content? That basically qualifies every game as beta.

Except clan research will be just as grindy.  Don't you realize how grindy clan tech is?  You have to craft items in order to craft items.  That's Xzibit levels of badness.

Open beta at this point means  "Our game is a mess, but don't hold it against us!"

It's a perpetual beta, like most ftp games.  Development never stops.  This is true for any game that isn't a AAA first week sales marketing extravaganza.

But for DE, the development cycle seems to not be "improve the game" like most games, and is rather "Make money."