Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re: (De)Megan On Valkyr Feedback

Brimir

@Cyrionn I mainly disagree on one point.  Paralysis is a great skill that I use all the time.  Hysteria is the skill I remove.

I'd love to see a powerup system while Hysteria is active.

Here is my idea (after a bit of refining)

It would make sense if her Hysteria got stronger and faster (movement and attack speed) with kills she did (With a cap based on the highest level enemy killed) and lasted longer with kills she did (starting off with a good sized bonus to duration then slowly going down until it is a small number like 0.5 seconds per kill).

Like each kill she made could add 0.05% to her damage, attack speed, and movement speed.  

The bonus for damage could cap based on the highest level enemy so fighting level 20s, she might only see +20%~+40%.  While fighting level 100s, she might see +100%~+200% (It would take quite a few kills).  

The bonus for Attack speed could cap at say +1000%

The bonus for movement speed could cap at say +100% (She'd be one of the fastest units in the game at max)

First kill could give her an extra 10 seconds, second kill might give +5, third might give +2.5 and so on until it goes down to 0.5~1 per kill.  This could be affected by power duration and/or power strength.  (Perhaps power duration would affect the minimum and power strength would affect the actual amount gained).

As an addition to that, she might even get AoEs after a certain number of kills.  After say 50 kills, she could start doing minor AoEs (like melee sized AoEs).  After say 100 kills, she could start doing mini AoEs (an area around her claws when she attacks).  After say 250 kills, she could do jump attack sized AoEs when she attacks.

The level based bonus cap would make her not absurdly OP at lower levels but would also give her a lot of room to grow if fighting higher level enemies.

Give her a charge attack during Hysteria that allows her to lunge at an enemy and if the enemy is within a certain range and targeted, she jumps on them to attack them.  (And maybe if she has a certain amount of kills and they aren't dead in the first attack, she could cling onto them to keep attacking them)  This would make her ult usable against air targets such as the raptor.

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

@Cyrionn I mainly disagree on one point.  Paralysis is a great skill that I use all the time.  Hysteria is the skill I remove.

I'd love to see a powerup system while Hysteria is active.

Here is my idea (after a bit of refining)

It would make sense if her Hysteria got stronger and faster (movement and attack speed) with kills she did (With a cap based on the highest level enemy killed) and lasted longer with kills she did (starting off with a good sized bonus to duration then slowly going down until it is a small number like 0.5 seconds per kill).

Like each kill she made could add 0.05% to her damage, attack speed, and movement speed.  

The bonus for damage could cap based on the highest level enemy so fighting level 20s, she might only see +20%~+40%.  While fighting level 100s, she might see +100%~+200% (It would take quite a few kills).  

The bonus for Attack speed could cap at say +1000%

The bonus for movement speed could cap at say +100% (She'd be one of the fastest units in the game at max)

First kill could give her an extra 10 seconds, second kill might give +5, third might give +2.5 and so on until it goes down to 0.5~1 per kill.  This could be affected by power duration and/or power strength.  (Perhaps power duration would affect the minimum and power strength would affect the actual amount gained).

As an addition to that, she might even get AoEs after a certain number of kills.  After say 50 kills, she could start doing minor AoEs (like melee sized AoEs).  After say 100 kills, she could start doing mini AoEs (an area around her claws when she attacks).  After say 250 kills, she could do jump attack sized AoEs when she attacks.

The level based bonus cap would make her not absurdly OP at lower levels but would also give her a lot of room to grow if fighting higher level enemies.

Give her a charge attack during Hysteria that allows her to lunge at an enemy and if the enemy is within a certain range and targeted, she jumps on them to attack them.  (And maybe if she has a certain amount of kills and they aren't dead in the first attack, she could cling onto them to keep attacking them)  This would make her ult usable against air targets such as the raptor.

+1 For Your Charge attackk Lunge Idea

Hysteria:
What about the fact that NONE of her non-primary melee attacks do anything?  I can understand you just want us to punchpunchpunchpunchpunchpunch but why let so much potential just go to waste.  Why not make her slide attack a zorencopter pounce+knockdown attack? Her wallrun attack a targeted dash leap, and her slam attack....a slam?

WHY does her finisher do no damage? Is there any thinking in this? Beyond punchpunchpunchpunchpunch!

I hoped one of her other abilities would get the life steal, but then they put it on hysteria.  Yay and aww at the same time.  Its nice you can use all her powers in hysteria, but it'd be nice if she was worth more without hysteria.  I love warcry - super fast melee attacking makes her a fun frame to rank up melee weapons, and the armor buff is noticeable. Paralysis is lackluster though - does it scale duration based on shields used? Or is it just dismally short (even with duration buff mods)?

All that being said, the few times I've managed to use hysteria with my equipped weapons, it was pretty cool.  It still had the rage effects and all that, so to some degree it maintained her raging identity.

WHY does her finisher do no damage? Is there any thinking in this? Beyond punchpunchpunchpunchpunch!

It is really, really stupid actually:

Finisher damage is based 100% on the Charge Damage on your melee weapon. The claws that replaces your melee weapon during Hysteria has next to no Charge Damage on them.

Guest CrimsonCrown

It is really, really stupid actually:

Finisher damage is based 100% on the Charge Damage on your melee weapon. The claws that replaces your melee weapon during Hysteria has next to no Charge Damage on them.

Check the patch notes, we might get a change.

Hopefully it is one step closer to just dumping the terrible claws and giving us access to our melee weapon during Hysteria.

The claws suck.

The animation suck aswell as the design. Then I don't have any issue with her using claws...isn't it the catframe after all?

I don't know if this was mentioned but the main problem (imho) with Hysteria is that you. Can't. Hit. S#&$. Enemies just moonwalk at snail's pace WHILE SHOOTING at you and 90% of my claw swipes just miss them by centimeters. It's like punching the air.

Read the first post maybe ? :)

No....? Its the Berserker 'frame.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/171038-re-demegan-on-valkyr-feedback/?p=2013025

And well, I don't wanna see some glaive or whipping Valkyr... That wouldn't be very berserker would it ? :)

Talking about those changes.

600 armor on a character that looks like she has no skin... why are they going this route? Why do they keep thinking armor will improve the Warframe when she should be fragile without shield (which she should have far more) but dish out a lot of damage. How can she have more armor than Frost and Rhino, it makes no sense and doesn't work for the character type.

All it does is to make her a half "donkeyed" tank who can't really kill enemies well. Hysteria is not so much her ultimate power, but just a lifeline to survive with her because she can't survive with her weird stat focus.

How can they mess up something as simple as a berzerker type character so much?

I know we are supposed to formulate our critic better and be more polite about it. But if all well worded critic of several past weeks results in nothing more than plus 300 armor, i feel like it's pointless to go that extra mile and like with Ember i'm getting tired of repeating arguments.

Hopefully it is one step closer to just dumping the terrible claws and giving us access to our melee weapon during Hysteria.

The claws suck.

The claws should only appear for some room clearing special attack, not for a continues boost mode.

Edited by Othergrunty

600 armor on a character that looks like she has no skin... why are they going this route? Why do they keep thinking armor will improve the Warframe when she should be fragile without shield (which she should have far more) but dish out a lot of damage. How can she have more armor than Frost and Rhino, it makes no sense and doesn't work for the character type.

Because they've dug themselves a far too deep hole already. If they were to back out on Armour/Health tanking for Valkyr, they would have to redesign her completely. Remember that Paralysis scales of Shields, for example. Giving her more Shields could possibly break that ability into overpowered levels.

*sigh*

She is conceptually my favourite Waframe, but in practice she's such a mess...

Because they've dug themselves a far too deep hole already. If they were to back out on Armour/Health tanking for Valkyr, they would have to redesign her completely. Remember that Paralysis scales of Shields, for example. Giving her more Shields could possibly break that ability into overpowered levels.

*sigh*

She is conceptually my favourite Waframe, but in practice she's such a mess...

Yeah they would need to remove Paralysis for good and replace it with an actualy usefull ability.

Also same here with the conceptual part. Really like the idea of the frame, but the execution is a mess.

Though talking about concept, i would also like for her to get a second skin that stiches up the back, replaces the arm restraints with Tenno devices and fixes her helmet. Just doesn't feel right to walk a half cut up Warframe into combat.