The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Why Has My Melee Stopped Working?

(PSN)Deshi27

Recently I have been a having a problem with my melee attacks. Basically, when running through levels that require a lot of melee usage, the melee will stop working altogether. This usually happens when running through a survival or fighting against the Infested, but not exclusively - had the same problem when fighting Vay Hek for parts. 

I've got a Frost warframe and I'm using the orthos, but prior to the latest updates I did not have this problem at all. Now I have it at least once per hour!

I have had this same issue as well not sure where it is coming from but i know you cant use block either and melee weapons won't come out. When you hit block it pulls out melee weapon and then puts them right back in holster poistion. I'll try to capture some video if it happens again.

One of my clan members said this problem resolved automatically when he died/used a revive. In my last game it seemed to wear off after sometime.

When jamming Apollodorus it happened at about 15 mins. At around 25 mins I tried melee again and it worked normally for the rest of the match. I want to think that it's a lag issue but I typically play solo and it happens there when there is no lag.

I tried switching weapons but that had no effect. Blocking and parrying have no effect, although the auto parry mod still worked normally.

Perhaps its an issue with the weapon coding?

• 3 months later...

along with melee 2.0, i have noticed that while playing on the PS4 that i am not getting credit for kills with my melee weapon. Sometime i get credit for melee kills by another player. I thought possibly it was my fault. but through trial and error (i.e. eqquiping only melee, not using melee) in a 35 wv ODD or 45 min survival. 

• 2 weeks later...