Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Wrong With This Picture? (These Pictures?)

Gestalt

Clean Rare0 skill mod:

Amb8Djm.jpg

The mod maxed out to Rare3 using 7 high level fusion cores (all Rare10). Cost: 61,600 credits.

gEK81kp.png

The mod maxed out to Rare3 using 13 low level fusion cores. Cost: 18.800 credits.

YVX73u7.jpg

(To be fair, using 6 high level cores already got the mod to near max, so it probably would cost less, just under 60k if I mixed in some low level cores)

OH I GET IT!!! Since most people who farmed old mods and stockpiled them for the update did Xini or Pluto, most of our mods (and hence, fusion cores) are high level! They are SUPER INEFFECTIVE!!! (or rather, inefficient credit-wise)

Good one, DE.

Yep, i've noticed that too. Though luckily i've not farmed any specific region so I have all kind of fusion mods, but i'm slowly running low on the more useful low-level ones, while the high-level ones are gathering dust thanks to the high prices of using them. I'll probably just sell them, even though they don't get you much money.

yep.

I sold most of my low level mods sinces DE said that high level ones will be more valuable for fusson

then Oh OH )(&*, they ended up being less valuable t(0.0t)

Yup I did the same thing. Now I have a bunch of mods that i gotta sell lol

Yep, i've noticed that too. Though luckily i've not farmed any specific region so I have all kind of fusion mods, but i'm slowly running low on the more useful low-level ones, while the high-level ones are gathering dust thanks to the high prices of using them. I'll probably just sell them, even though they don't get you much money.

I haven't paid attention to the selling price of any mods since a while back when they announced that the old mod system is going away. Does anyone remember how much a level 30 mod sold for? They used to sell for like 10k-15k easy a LONG time ago, but I don't quite remember how much they go for right before U7. Would like to know, since now Rare10 cores only go for 1,650 credits.

I have two pages of Rare10 and when selected, they go for a total of about 90k credits.

Does this problem occur with newly farmed rare 10 cores, or only with pre-u7 ones?

The cores all work the same, based on ranks, for all intents and purposes. The only difference I've noticed between pre-U7 and newly dropped cores is that the highest new cores I've gotten so far are Rare5, and they only have 5 bars (not the converted Rare5, which have 10 bars, 5 of them filled). I think this may mean that new cores only go up to 5, while the old converted ones went up to 10.

Not sure how this is supposed to make the old cores more "valuable," since well, the high rank ones are junk.

The higher you go in Rank (and rarity), the more inefficient the cost per exp becomes, so essentially the Rare10 fusion cores are useless as of right now. They give about double the exp of a Rare 1 and they cost 5.5 times more to fuse in. With this system, the best way to rank up your mods is with Duplicates > Same Polarity > Common 1 > Uncommon 1 > Rare 1 > everything else. Tolstoj is the new Xini, in conclusion.

I am a bit shocked that this thread had to be created. Also that it took half the week before it got created.

I noticed pretty much on the first day that the cost of a less rare core was less and adding them together got more fusion. I was even adding the comment to every fusion cost thread out there. Other people had noticed at the same time and were also trying to tell people.

Still, just so everyone doesn't auto sell off their cores. Remember that the system is still being adjusted. It's possible the price will get adjusted to make it useful again, or the fusion given from particular cores will be changed. You probably shouldn't get rid of anything until you either have all your wanted mods maxed out or probably about a month of time has passed after update 7 came out. Give it time before you go crazy.

I am a bit shocked that this thread had to be created. Also that it took half the week before it got created.

I noticed pretty much on the first day that the cost of a less rare core was less and adding them together got more fusion. I was even adding the comment to every fusion cost thread out there. Other people had noticed at the same time and were also trying to tell people.

Still, just so everyone doesn't auto sell off their cores. Remember that the system is still being adjusted. It's possible the price will get adjusted to make it useful again, or the fusion given from particular cores will be changed. You probably shouldn't get rid of anything until you either have all your wanted mods maxed out or probably about a month of time has passed after update 7 came out. Give it time before you go crazy.

Look who's the hipster beta tester :3

To be fair though, I waited on selling the mods when I first playing Warframe, and either Update 5 or 6 hit, and all my mods went from 10k+ per to 1.5k per. So waiting isn't always a sound strategy.

Yah the fusion prices are messed up. I'm pretty much moving on to playing other games until DE fixes it. I don't mind farming if I feel like I'm getting something for my time but the current fusion costs just aren't propely balanced yet. I'm sure they'll work on it.

Yah the fusion prices are messed up. I'm pretty much moving on to playing other games until DE fixes it. I don't mind farming if I feel like I'm getting something for my time but the current fusion costs just aren't propely balanced yet. I'm sure they'll work on it.

yup, current state of game is not even worth playing till they fix 2 things.

Fusion core cost and "common" mod drop rates.

yup, current state of game is not even worth playing till they fix 2 things.

Fusion core cost and "common" mod drop rates.

The fixing part I agree with, it's very counterintuitive.

But the game's still fun...... or am I just the weird kid at school again ]:

I also sold all my white mods but kept the green and blue ones. Have not used a single one that was left over yet.

Should sell the blue and green mods and leave the white ones :(

I call it a investment analysis failure.

The fixing part I agree with, it's very counterintuitive.

But the game's still fun...... or am I just the weird kid at school again ]:

It's still fun, but progression is very limited currently which is kind of a turn off, I can see many people just avoiding the game till it gets fixed.

Should sell the blue and green mods and leave the white ones :(

I call it a investment analysis failure.

i would have sold every single mod 1.0 if i knew as only fusing the same types of mods now are actually worth it now.

Would have actually had about 5mil credits instead of the 400k I had coming into U7.

Edited by chuuburg

They can easily fix this by keeping the low level cores' fusion costs the same, and make higher level cores cost a LOT less to fuse. Make it cost 25% less credits to fuse using high level cores, compared to using a bunch of low leve ones.

But of course, I don't think this is design oversight as much as intended mechanic. DE knows we ran high level missions like Xini and Pluto more, and so we have a bunch of high level fusion cores; we also still run high level missions more after U7, at least after being able to gear up a bit more, since... well, who runs low level crap when you can take on stronger foes?

DE just wants to force us to run both high and low level content: run the high level stuff to get bp and materials; run the low level stuff to farm mods.

Bad game design.

Edited by Gestalt

I really hope the fusing prices for the high level and rare cores will be changed soon. It continues to be a problem even for newer players seeing as how I'm seeing rare cores drop more often thean common ones but actually using them isn't cost efficient in the least.

I think they should make the fusing price constant and give more increase in mod level for fusion cores that are more rare. Right now rare fusion cores are actually worth less than more common fusion cores. Totally counter intuitive unless you think we'd like to save clicking on a couple mods and spend more in game currency.

I think they should make the fusing price constant and give more increase in mod level for fusion cores that are more rare. Right now rare fusion cores are actually worth less than more common fusion cores. Totally counter intuitive unless you think we'd like to save clicking on a couple mods and spend more in game currency.

LOL YES. That was my thought initially: "wait, so... are they costing more because you had to click on less cores?"

Thats what I did.

It's still fun, but progression is very limited currently which is kind of a turn off, I can see many people just avoiding the game till it gets fixed.

i would have sold every single mod 1.0 if i knew as only fusing the same types of mods now are actually worth it now.

Would have actually had about 5mil credits instead of the 400k I had coming into U7.

yeah especially now that without the old mod sell rates credits are much harder to come by.

now you have to farm for BPs, materials, and credits to build things. Makes it that much more of a pain to do.

I wonder how screwed over new players are with credits being so hard to get now.......I guess i'll find out soon. I'm almost out of credits and still only about half ranked on my mods. and I want to build banshee and nyx.......

Edited by Akularael