Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crossbow Thoughts?

(PSN)CrisCrisis

well thats pretty much the Boltor, just missing the "bow" on the front

But imagine a BIGGER one that did more damage and was semi automatic/charge rather than burst/charge like the secondary.

You mean like the 3 bows ingame? We dont exactly need more.

Edited by DaGhostDS

I really don't like auto crossbows. Especially since the Boltor already exists.

I wouldn't mind if it was mechanically distinct from bows, I've even suggested one myself.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/171173-a-smattering-of-firearms-art/?view=findpost&p=2006091

Arbalest - Tenno Crossbow

A heavy crossbow that can project bolts of hyperdense alloy.

Damage: piercing>impact

Mag: 5 (sniper)

In function it is almost the reverse of the Ballistica. Uncharged shots have a flat trajectory and perfect accuracy. Charging adds another bolt from the magazine at a rate of 1 per 1/3rd second and slightly lowers the accuracy. When the charge is released it launches all the bolts in a shotgun like spread. Although it has a 5 shot magazine, it requires the user to manually reset the string between each shot.

Along with the crazy van helsing crossbow i'd like to see a regular crossbow too. Single shot, innate puncture and most importantly no charge mechanic - after all, a crosbow is ready to go once it's loaded.

edit: or, like the post above me suggested, give it some kind of extra gimmick on a charge such as the suggested spread shot or priming it to explode. It would be like thunderbolt except actually usable.

Edited by Cybernetix

Give it a mag cap of 30, make it semi auto, so it differentiate itself from the boltor, Let see:

fire rate: 3.5 sec

reload time: 2.9 sec

Impact: 10

Puncture:10

Slash:10

crit chance: 20%

crit damage: 150%

status chance: 30%

Basically a higher status chance "bow" with better crit chance. A longer range Grakata/Tysis I suppose.