Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Question About Despair.

Zylin

I'm level 14 mastery so not a noob. I started playing maybe 6 days ago again and last i played was update 10. I've been messing around with a few of my guns seeing how dmg 2.0 changed alot. So i started using despair again since it was collecting dust when i got my "Acrid". But now seeing how the acrid isnt god mode, i simply just put it down. As of right now my favorite 2ndry has to be the "Sicarus prime" but anyways. Alot of people are wanting the despair badly or some are just crying because they sold it etc etc. So is it the new hotness all over again? Just went a round with it and man,, the dmg is real lol.

I use it as my go-to secondary because if I feel like doing a stealth run I can dish out 1.5k damage out per shot, it's very fast and most of the time my primary makes a lot of noise. That and I can't deal with most of the secondary weapons in this game. Nothing really clicks as "well, this is coming with me until the world ends". Although I hate Sicarus Prime because I can't deal with the burst mechanics.

Lots of people use the Brakk and say it's godmode, bur that's an event reward.

Edited by -Kasumi-

I use it as my go-to secondary because if I feel like doing a stealth run I can dish out 1.5k damage out per shot, it's very fast and most of the time my primary makes a lot of noise. That and I can't deal with most of the secondary weapons in this game. Nothing really clicks as "well, this is coming with me until the world ends". Although I hate Sicarus Prime because I can't deal with the burst mechanics.

Lots of people use the Brakk and say it's godmode, bur that's an event reward.

yea, i wasn't here for the brakk sadly.

The only thing I don't like about the Despair (and kunai weapons in general) is that sometimes the spread will cause all of your kunai to hit everything AROUND the target. It doesn't happen often, but it's silly when it does.

Otherwise, they shred crowds with ease. Slap on a Seeker and you're golden.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

The people you are hearing say they want the Despair are one of two kinds: DPS junkies who want to see big numbers pop up, or collectors since they are hard to get. 

The Despair are very good against grineer, since they do mostly high puncture damage. However i dont really find them fun. I prefer burst type weapons that do alot of damage and blow peoples heads off.