Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Temporary Fix For Hud Scaling

DJ_Redwire

Question

A lot of people who have large displays, like myself, are troubled by the small ratio of the new HUD. I'm sure DE recognizes this issue as well, and I trust that they're working on it. 

In the mean time, I wanted to make sure people who may not have already know about the HUD margin adjustment feature in the settings were made aware. Because I, like many others, was ignorant of this feature up until recently.

To use this feature, go to Settings >  Gameplay > Adjust HUD Margins (click the blank bar next to the title). From there, you can use your arrow keys to adjust the visual reach of the HUD.

Obviously this doesn't completely remedy the problem many of use are experiencing, but I've found it to make things like Survival and the like a little more bearable due to having to strain your eyes to be constantly scanning from one side of the screen to the other until a HUD scaling feature is introduced (hopefully). 

Edited by DJ_Redwire

5 answers to this question

Just switch to a lower resolution until we get a fix.

Oh boy, here comes another one of those genius forum awards.

Do you realize the Warframe screen resolution on big monitors doesn't make thing larger as much as it simply makes everything blurry o which causes even more of an eye strain for the player? Also the game doesn't even support proper 16:10 or 16:9 aspect ratios at lower resolutions.

Oh boy, here comes another one of those genius forum awards.

Do you realize the Warframe screen resolution on big monitors doesn't make thing larger as much as it simply makes everything blurry o which causes even more of an eye strain for the player? Also the game doesn't even support proper 16:10 or 16:9 aspect ratios at lower resolutions.

I said until we get a fix and I wasn't trying to be an ah about it, it was just a suggestion, if you don't like it then don't. No need to be rude about it.

For anyone else, here is just a quick comparison.

2014-02-06_00013_zps73056e0c.jpg

It's not much it will resize the HUD, but it does make some of the text easier to read.

[EDIT]

Hotfix is out =]  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/174127-hotfix-1202/

Edited by Ahcruna

I forget which game I played recently (Borderlands 2, Shadow Warrior, something like that) and it had a "HUD Scaling" so you could scale it to whatever you wanted.

While I like the appearance of the new hud, I have to agree that the numbers are so small and blurry (due to filtering) that I couldn't make out whether we had 138 enemies, 135, or 136.

ETA: Looks like it was already released. Oops.

Edited by PlebbyMilliner