Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jat Kittag Is Strong But Gameplay With It Is Underwhelming

TylerFreeman

do you like hammers?

do you like jets?

how about combining both of them into a jet hammer, sounds cool right? then the Jat Kittag is for you but, sadly it plays out as an orthos reskin with no interesting mechanics to redeem itself.

first off, the animation set it uses is the orthos animation set, which I don't understand why it would fit considering that attacking with orthos implies that your using both blades to attack and even then stabbing things with the Jat Kittag seems strangely off-putting.

stats-wise, it is strong and the slow speed is understandable, my only problem is the jets are only for cosmetic purpose and they don't do anything, I'd half expect it if I could use the jets to swing more faster the more I spam the melee button, and the charge attack also doesn't do anything except play a sound.

I'd honestly say there was a lot of thought put into this melee weapon, it just needs some more reviewing and some changes to at least make it feel unique and worth using it over some melee weapon, like an orthos prime. I would actually use it more if the animation set was using the standard heavy melee like gram, fragor, etc, or if the jets themselves would atleast make this weapon attack faster and hit harder.

TL;DR add some interesting mechanics to the Jat Kittag to make it feel unique.

I agree with this completely.  When I first saw this on the forums, I was expecting it to have a moderate to fast swing speed, considering the jets and all.  I understand why it needs to be slow though, seeing as how it's pretty powerful as well.  Needs to be balanced and all.  When I first used it in-game though, I was a little surprised and disappointed to see it used the staff animations.  

Honestly, when I see a giant rocket hammer I think of it slamming into the ground and against enemies' heads and bodies, not slashing at them and poking them with jabs.  I really love the jump attack though.

Edit:  I love the jump attack's aoe and particle effect, but I don't like how it lands on the weapon's side, not it's front.  Hammers should slam with the blunt end, not the side.

Edited by CaptainPeanut

I was expecting a "melee 2.0" comment, anyway I understand that melee 2.0 is arriving soon, I won't hold my text and review a weapon that could become something better.

The thing is, it will become something better. Very very soon. I don't see any reason to worry about it untill then

I agree with this completely.  When I first saw this on the forums, I was expecting it to have a moderate to fast swing speed, considering the jets and all.  I understand why it needs to be slow though, seeing as how it's pretty powerful as well.  Needs to be balanced and all.  When I first used it in-game though, I was a little surprised and disappointed to see it used the staff animations.  

Honestly, when I see a giant rocket hammer I think of it slamming into the ground and against enemies' heads and bodies, not slashing at them and poking them with jabs.  I really love the jump attack though.

Tennos swing it backwards.

The thing is, it will become something better. Very very soon. I don't see any reason to worry about it untill then

true, it doesn't need to be rushed to make it magically 10 times better, it'll just need time and patience to be given the green thumb for unique changes.

I agree with this. im pretty sad with the hammer for a number of reasons.

1. For being a grineer rocket propelled hammer, the model looks too flimsy, specially around the handle, which just seems way too long to me. the model needs more meat, but i duno if DE would change it considering that the model is already in the game. It's a weapon i'd like to use but it doesnt look good (for me anyway) so i dont use it, just like the trinity. 

2. Its a hammer. but when you do a jump/slam attack, the hammer lands on its side instead of the side which has all the electrical spikes. why? this does not even make sense. how does a rocket propelled hammer land on its side when its propelled to do a slam. D:< 

3. the weapon uses the orthos animation set. i was really hoping it would have a custom animation set, or at least using another animation set that would fit better. im still hoping that with melee 2.0 DE will hopefully implement a new animation for the weapon, but i duno how that'll go. Imo it should have an animation that is all based around momentum/moving forward because of the rocket propulsion. 

-----

having said that, the weapon with the cicero mod has like what? 40% proc chance? which is pretty cool. can do a corrosive build with the charge mods + cicero mod. 

instead of being disappointed let try and help them by sending in animation files for em to put in

then everyone be happy and they will be able to get more things done to a extent 

See, this is why Warframe should support Steam Workshop.

Players make content. Devs put the best ones in the game. Less work for devs. More popularity among players. Everyone's happy.

See, this is why Warframe should support Steam Workshop.

Players make content. Devs put the best ones in the game. Less work for devs. More popularity among players. Everyone's happy.

problem is game server-sided so nope

people makes random stuff anyways just if its can be useful send it in via support/forum/message DE staff

problem is game server-sided so nope

people makes random stuff anyways just if its can be useful send it in via support/forum/message DE staff

Yeah, true. I was mostly thinking of a sort of visual, easy-to-navigate hub of player concepts and designs, though, with ratings out of 5 and the like. It would certainly get a lot more player traffic than the Fan Concepts subforum, which is always nice.